Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Get my makeup done

POST A REPLY

Jun 28, 2006, 6:43pm   #1
Minnie
If i want to go to MAC or Bobbi brown and get my makeup done, how much will it cost? or i heard they just make you buy makeup from them?
Jun 28, 2006, 6:45pm   #2
lv-lover
From what I've heard, I'm pretty sure it's free. But you might have to buy something, I'm not sure.
Jun 28, 2006, 6:48pm   #3
sparkles48
Southern Sweetheart
I know MAC's policy used to be that you had to buy $50 in products to get a makeover from them, but I'm not sure if that's still the deal now. Clinique and Estee Lauder do it for free I think.
Jun 28, 2006, 6:52pm   #4
print*model
I've had my makeup done by MAC in the past and it was free. But that was perhaps 2 years ago so I don't know if it's changed. I did tip the girl who did it. She was my regular SA there.
Jun 28, 2006, 6:58pm   #5
manolo maven
It's free, but I think you're obligated to buy 2 products. I think it was Bendel's that used to have a house make-up artist which was the coolest, because she used products from a variety of lines so you got the best of everything, not just one line's products. Maybe other stores offer the same kind of thing.
Jun 28, 2006, 7:39pm   #6
ilzabet
easily amused
i went with a friend for her wedding makeup trial at a MAC counter. they didn't charge, but she did buy all the makeup they used.

that's pretty standard, at least where i live. free makeover, buy the products you like.
Jun 28, 2006, 7:46pm   #7
s
sweetkandypie
at my MAC its 40 bucks of products
Jun 28, 2006, 8:39pm   #8
Swanky Mama Of Three
Call ahead and reserve a time and ask. I'd ask is their any fees associated w/ a make-over?
I'm sure you'll want to buy so it probably won't be a big deal . .
I went to Bobbi Brown about a month before my wedding for some tips and got a makeover and ended up buying everything she used except maybe 2 products which I already had.
I wasn't charged for the makeover but maybe because I bought everything!?
I HIGHLY recommend both lines, but I prefer BB over MAC slightly.
Jun 28, 2006, 9:24pm   #9
K
Kellybag
MAC did mine free and no pressure to buy
Jun 28, 2006, 9:44pm   #10
b
bex
It's supposed to be free at Bobbi Brown, but some counters ask a minimum purchase of 2 or 3 products. I agree to call ahead and book an appointment.
Jun 28, 2006, 11:18pm   #11
amanda
I Bleed Georgia Red
mac did mine for free, they never indicated that i would be expected to buy a minimum. i did by over $100 of product, though.
Jun 28, 2006, 11:35pm   #12
Minnie
thank you everyone!!
Jun 29, 2006, 5:44pm   #13
Bag Fetish
Iphone Addict!
Originally Posted by Minnie
If i want to go to MAC or Bobbi brown and get my makeup done, how much will it cost? or i heard they just make you buy makeup from them?
Here in canada i was told its free they just ask that you spend 40$ in product.
Jun 29, 2006, 8:41pm   #14
Minnie
Another question, which brand is the best to go to, when I want makeup like Jennifer Lopez that bronze skin and the bronze eyes and nude lips. I think mac can still do it well? What she does for the award shows because my skin is similar and my complexion
Jun 29, 2006, 9:01pm   #15
Swanky Mama Of Three
both lines can achieve the results you want. I use a nude from both and both are FAB!
Bobbi Brown has a rep for achieving that look, she has a very natural approach to make up.
MAC is more pigmented so a little goes a long way, sometimes their high pigmented colors freak people out a bit I think.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >