Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

ELF eyes lips face cosmetics opinions?

POST A REPLY

Jan 2, 2012, 6:51am   #346
j
Originally Posted by krislynne
About 2 years ago my friend got an email that said e.l.f. was being bought out by some higher end company, and that they were selling all the products very cheap to get rid of old packaging, and urged readers to buy now before the pricing went up. It was a total hoax, but me and my friend fell for it. I ordered some mineral foundation, the sheer mineral powder (similar to BE's mineral veil), 2 kabuki brushes and a bunch of mineral eyeshadows. I found the kabukis to be rather stiff and scratchy compared to the Bare Escentuals brand, and the mineral foundation and powder did not match my skin whatsoever. BUT the eyeshadows...!!! They by far made up for my disappointment in the other stuff. Now, I got the mineral eyeshadows that were $3, not $1. They're loose shadows in little sifter pots. They have great pigment and last all day on me. I like them better than the Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals brand. My fave by far is "elegant." My friend placed our order, and some of her stuff didn't ship. She had a heck of a time with customer service and swore she'd never order from there again, and to my knowledge, hasn't. In addition to that order, I've bought a couple lip glosses from Burlington coat factory. They both had great color, and lasted a long time, but I thought they were very sticky. I say if you're considering trying some eyeshadow, go for it! For $1-$3, you really can't go wrong!
I am totally agreed with you for their mineral collection. I bought most of the eye shadow colors and the pigments are fantastic. But I would say it is kind of messy in powder formed.
Jan 2, 2012, 4:16pm   #347
Originally Posted by flsurfergirl3
i'm dying to get the Kabuki face brush. i've been to 3 Targets and 1 K-Mart and i can't find it :(

has anyone been able to find it in a store or has everyone ordered it online?? Thanks!
I ordered online.
Jan 2, 2012, 6:51pm   #348
I love the brushes as just a cheap brush to have. I really don't expect much from them because their products cost me $1-10, with brushes costing about $3 at target. I have never purchased the kabuki brush, but the eye brushes I use daily without problems. When I clean them I do see bristles coming out though which can be normal depending on the brush and the type. Personally, I would recomend their brushes just to have extras. As far as eyeshadows and make-up I haven't purchased them and I'm not sure if they are worth buying. Are they worth it. I think e.l.f. has a hilighter and I have never used one before and I was thinking about looking for one, is e.l.f.s worth buying in the mean time?
Jan 3, 2012, 3:38pm   #349
b
I use their black eye liner and love it. Don't use their brown eye liner....I don't like it at all. The color doesn't stay and you can barely see it (on my olive skin). I've also used their mineral eye shadows and agree that it's pretty good, especially for what you're paying for.
Jan 3, 2012, 3:53pm   #350
e
i really like their (more expensive line?) kabuki face brushes... have used for years now. Altho in the latest order I found the bristles to be shorter than in the past. Not so that its unusable, but I like the old length. Perhaps a cost cutting measure
Feb 6, 2012, 3:21pm   #351
M
I like powder brush from the studio line!
Feb 7, 2012, 7:24pm   #352
Honestly I love ELF. Pretty much all my brushes are from there. They are great quality. The packaging is great quality on everything. It's not flimsy and cheap. My sister used Bare Minerals and she said the ELF version is just as good. And for $1-$5 it's a STEAL! You can get them at target now. I LOVE their concealer for $1. It's small yes but you don't need a lot and it works perfect for my under eye dark circles. I love their eyeshadow too. It lasts and it's got amazing pigment. Their nail polishes are great for being $1 and I like their matte top coat. The only thing I have gotten from them that I don't like is their mascara. It's kind of gooey and takes forever to dry so it gets all over.
Feb 16, 2012, 11:57am   #353
i
I ordered e.l.f. once and was really disappointed with the quality of the products. Especially the eye shadows, the palette was dry and crumby. I liked the eyeshadow base, though.
Feb 16, 2012, 6:12pm   #354
M
I LOVE ELF. Some of their stuff is awful, like the $1 pressed powder makes me orange and flaky. But some of their stuff is amazing, like the HD primer and powder (for only $6) and the beauty books. I just got the beauty book in "flawless face" and was totally blown away. For $5 I got 4 shades of concealer, 4 different shimmer/highlight colors (pearl, nude, pink, and a brownish color) and a blush and bronzer, all very creamy and blendable. I'm not a huge fan of the cheap eyeshadows, but the mineral pigments are very good. I also love the $1 eyeshadow primer. I use it daily. It's not going to hold up to a shower like Lime Crime or something, but it works. I also like the brushes a lot. The larger ones shed a little, but they're very soft and I've never had issues with the smaller brushes. I've been using the same eyeshadow brush for 2 years now and it's still good as new. Other than the $1 brushes I've had nothing bad bad things to say about the $1 line, but the Studio and Mineral lines ($3 each) are fantastic. I found the reviews on their website to be good. Bonus, they have the best deals on their site.
Feb 17, 2012, 5:48pm   #355
s
I've used the eyeshadow primer (it's awesome!) the tinted moisturizer is actually pretty good too...however it fades away during the day. I say nay...to the eyeshadows.
The concealer is ok, the bronzer is too much! I felt my face was too shiny and chrome-looking.
Feb 27, 2012, 5:35am   #356
l
I have a couple of their eye brushes and they are really nice, great for the price too. I've never tried they make up though, seems a bit too cheap to me lol!
Mar 3, 2012, 12:50am   #357
F
Never used any of their products, not planning to either. However, their brushes are recommended for girls starting off in makeup and need affordable brushes.
Mar 10, 2012, 3:52am   #358
s
I saw my co-worker with this E.L.F Cheek and Lip tint.. It's a small and fat tube.. It's glittery.. Not sure if it's good. But my sister has been telling me about their eyelash curler which is just a fcking BUCK. 1 dollar people!!! LOL!! My sister says it's good... x
Mar 11, 2012, 12:24pm   #359
K
I have not tried their eyeliner or shadows. I do like their lip gloss....
Mar 13, 2012, 9:11pm   #360
m
I would recommend there brushes and blush ..some eyeshadows are pigmented ..and the lip glosses are great
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up