Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

Correct Concealer Application

POST A REPLY

Aug 4, 2012, 9:47am   #1
Hi!

I have been experimenting with new concealers/correctors lately hoping to find my HG combination. I always read that you need to set your concealer with powder and I always do, problem is, as soon as I apply my powder I feel that I loose half of the coverage and that the concealer looked much better before applying the powder. Today I applied my concealer and had to answer a phone call before I applied the powder and when I did I noticed a MAJOR difference!!! Is that true? Did I just accidentally discovered the greatest concealer tip??? Which is that you have to allow the concealer to set for a couple of minute before applying the powder?

Please share your feedback/experiences! Looking forward to hear what you ladies have to say!

TIA!
Aug 4, 2012, 10:22am   #2
C
If you don't wait until your concealer/foundation dries/sets before applying powder, then it can crease. I usually wait a few minutes for my foundation/concealer to set before applying powder. If I'm in a hurry, I'll use a thin piece of tissue and PAT my face to absorb the excess moisture/oil before applying powder. (DON'T rub or else it'll move your makeup!)
Aug 4, 2012, 10:59am   #3
I always dab a bit of powder on with my brush rather than brushing it on which will wipe it off.
Nov 11, 2012, 6:18pm   #4
m
I've never really noticed that... I do concealer -> foundation -> powder. It works fine and still covers.
Nov 12, 2012, 6:49am   #5
h
Well if that's what worked for you keep it going

I just use a concealer with no powder & that works for me

& it lasts the day with no problems
Nov 15, 2012, 1:00am   #6
j
I usually put foundation first then pat corrector/concealer with my finger tip on my undereye circle then powder. But I kind of found out my concealer doesnt last long ><

I dont wait for my concealer to set before I put powder on tho. Is that why the concealer doesnt stay on me?
Nov 24, 2012, 4:45pm   #7
M
I personally am not a huge fan of putting powder on my concealers, it highlights little bumps in my under eye area. I will have to try letting it dry longer before powdering to see if that helps with spots.

I know this is slightly different but I found my new favorite way to not get creases in your under eye concealer, even with really bad concealers.

Dot the concealer under your eye in a V shape from inner corner to top of cheek to outer corner, so that you don't put any concealer on the center of your under eye area. Then use a big fluffy blending brush (I use the setting brush from Real Techniques) and blend in a U shape.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up