Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

Best of Laura Mercier & Bobbi Brown

POST A REPLY

Aug 19, 2012, 8:04am   #1
Hi!

I dont have these near me and I am travelling soon so I would like to know if there any specific products that are worth looking at..

I already use the LM seceret concealer (will get back ups!) and the BB shimmer brick and corrector..

Are there any other recommendations?

TIA!
Aug 19, 2012, 12:21pm   #2
I LOVE both these brands - and LM loose powder is my ALL Time favorite as well as there lipglosses and oh gees I could go on and on.

Bobbi Brown has a new BB cream that I want to check out I have not tried it yet and BB also makes a very good tinted moisturizer along foundations. :)
Aug 19, 2012, 5:31pm   #3
c
I really really like the Laura Mercier mascara- it's the basic one, I can't remember its exact name. I also like the Bobbi brown lipstick on Sandwash pink and the all black one in desert rose. Have fun!
Aug 19, 2012, 7:16pm   #4
only once you live
LM: Guava Eyeshadow Single
Foundation Primers in Original & Hydrating
Cakeliner (the Activator & Push Brush are a waste)
Creme Cheek Color Brush
Secret Camouflage Concealer

BB:
Skin foundation
Regular TM
Extreme Party Mascara
Shimmerbricks - if you can get a hold of the LE Rose Gold & Wild Rose, they were both very pretty. As is the Pink (just Pink; not Pink Quartz) one
Slopes blush
Gel liners - Twilight Night Shimmer, Black (though the Clinique Brush On is blacker, BB lasts longer IME), Violet
Precise Gel Liner & Blush Brushes
Pot Rouge in Pale Pink (which is much more of a cool, bright pink than a pale pink a la Illa Katie or Chanel Narcisse JC)
Aug 19, 2012, 7:45pm   #5
b
I like the touch-up stick from Bobbi Brown.
http://http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/b...rigin=category
Aug 20, 2012, 4:45pm   #6
b
I like lm eye basics as an eyeshadow primer....I've tried all kinds including ud primer potion and Mac paint pot in painterly and Prefer LM..l tried a LM mascara once, can't remember which kind, but i didn't like it...it flaked on me.

Another vote for the bb gel eyeliner. They have good quality eyeshadows too.
Aug 20, 2012, 10:15pm   #7
The Bobbi brown gel liners are smudge-free, pigmented, and (to me, anyway) one of the best on the market... Definitely worth trying if you get the chance! :)
Aug 20, 2012, 11:47pm   #8
K
I usually like products from Laura mercier but their secret finish was not that great. It didn't blend in very well
Aug 21, 2012, 12:12am   #9
Quote:
The Bobbi brown gel liners are smudge-free, pigmented, and (to me, anyway) one of the best on the market..
YES - I totally agree with you!!!
I overlooked them when I replied to this post earlier and they definitely deserve a good mention. They are actually my very favorite BB product :)
Aug 26, 2012, 4:01pm   #10
The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizers and Bobbi Brown Correctors are HG for me!
Aug 26, 2012, 4:27pm   #11
C
Carmen<3
I love the translucent powder and eye canvas from Laura Mercier! I have literally tried every finishing powder from MUFE to Mac and this is the best one! The eye canvas comes in different shades that makes for a great eye primer and neutralizes the eye lid for days when you want a simple look.

Bobbi brown is one of my favorite cosmetic lines, I love the Creamy lip color in shades Heather Buff and Honeysuckle. The corrector and concealers are great and the eyeshadows are amazing! Great pigmentation and a great amount for the price you pay. I would definitely check those out! HTH!
Aug 27, 2012, 3:19pm   #12
Quote:
I usually like products from Laura mercier but their secret finish was not that great
sadly I have to agree with you.
I've been playing with it and trying to like it, but cannot recommend. darn!
Aug 27, 2012, 3:58pm   #13
LM's Caviar Eye Sticks are excellent! They are eye shadow in a twist up form. They stay put all day - even in 100+ degree heat.
Aug 28, 2012, 4:51am   #14
Easily Distracted!
I don't use Laura Mercier but I have a lot of favorites from Bobbi Brown

Skin Foundation, really great for oily skin and does feel like skin
Gel Liners, the best IMO
Blushers, I love them
Lipsticks, very moisturizing and great color selection
Pot rouge, multi purpose for lips and cheeks
Sep 2, 2012, 12:05am   #15
I love Bobbi Brown gel liners, shimmer bricks, and foundation stick!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up