Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

Best Mascara for Super Sensitive Eyes?

POST A REPLY

Nov 29, 2010, 9:58pm   #1
I have a real problem wearing ANY mascara. Wondered if there were others that had a tip for this problem. And boy is it a problem! Thanks for any suggestions. I feel like I have tried them all, but would love to hear about anything I have not heard about. I have a problem with all eye makeup actually; it just makes me cry when I try to wear it.
Nov 30, 2010, 1:28am   #2
b
Account Deactivated
Im the same way not sure why im so sensitive. The best mascara I have found is Dior Show Waterproof
Nov 30, 2010, 5:10am   #3
L
I quite like Bare Minerals Flawless Definition. I just make sure I dont wear any mascara for too long.
Nov 30, 2010, 7:29am   #4
Mascaras are the only cosmetic products I buy from drugstore. I've sensitive eyes and I found Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express (waterproof) works really well on me. It's my holy grail mascara.
Nov 30, 2010, 9:20am   #5
I don't have much to add except that a waterproof formula would be ideal and that my favorite is YSL Faux Cils but you shouldn't get anywhere near it for sensitive eyes because boy does it have a fragrance! It's the strongest the first week and it makes my eyes water. I imagine anything with a strong smell would do the same. Perhaps take a whiff of it before you buy it, if you can.

Sorry, I had a non-recommendation rather than a recommendation.
Nov 30, 2010, 11:08am   #6
i have really sensitive eyes and i use Chanel Inimitable. i don't detect any fragrance like their other products.
Dec 1, 2010, 10:08am   #7
S
I've heard Laura Mercier and Kiehls mascaras are decent products as well.
Dec 1, 2010, 11:55am   #8
S
I have the same issue, but I have found that AVON Superextend Mascara works wonders for me. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all. The applicator has small bristles so that you have more control and less likely to make mistakes. The best part is WATERPROOF. I don't get raccoon eyes anymore.

Sidenote: I work with an AVON rep. so I have been experimenting with alot of AVON as of late.
Dec 2, 2010, 10:51am   #9
In LaLa Land
DiorShow gets my vote. I also love YSL, but it's not scent-free.
Dec 2, 2010, 2:01pm   #10
*Sun in my eyes*
I have super sensitive eyes as well, YSL works well for me as does Maybelline mascaras. Dior show irritated my eyes like crazy.
Dec 2, 2010, 2:39pm   #11
Try using mascara from Kiehl's. It's with jojoba oil and for sensitive eyes.
Dec 2, 2010, 2:41pm   #12
Almay makes hypoallergenic mascaras.
Dec 2, 2010, 3:01pm   #13
l
I have super-sensitive eyes that also tend to water alot. I love the Blinc tube mascara. It's waterproof, doesn't flake or clump and comes off with water (or cream cleanser like Cetaphil) and a little pressure. I've tried alot of things and used to love the YSL and Helena Rubenstein waterproof that I'd pick up at duty-free (until the TSA or whoever stopped allowing me to bring it back to the states). My eyes became more sensitive as I got older and this is all I've used for the past several years. I have less lash loss too!
Dec 2, 2010, 5:54pm   #14
the best that I've found for my dry senstive eyes is shockingly Mary Kay. Most of my other makeup products are Bare minerals, but their waterproof mascara makes my eyes itch like crazy!
Jul 23, 2012, 9:45am   #15
p
I have super sensitive eyes because of allergies to a lot of the ingredients in eye makeup. I don't usually wear eye shadows (except the ones from Avon) or eyeliner, but I did finally find a mascara I can use. The Almay Get Up and Grow works really well for me. No itching or burning or pulling my eyelashes out. It does smudge if you're not careful, but it's worth it to me to not be miserable.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up