Home Premier Designers Louis Vuitton

Wearing LV to work...

POST A REPLY

Jul 17, 2013, 12:05am   #1
I know there have been posts about whether to wear LV for interviews but what about work? I've been hired as a consultant and have purposefully not brought my bags to work the last 2 months (just about killed me), I'm about to be hired as a perm employee. I figure I can start wearing them after? Monogram? DE? I just didn't want to wear them before negotiating a salary.
Am I paranoid? Thoughts? I've seen one other LV at work.... Kusama Neverfull of all things...,
Jul 17, 2013, 5:07am   #2
t
I don't take my LV Speedy to work because no one else there does - even most of the executives only carry no-name bags.

If even one other person on my floor would be the first, I'd start carrying mine, but I don't want to be the only one.

I agree with you that when you are negotiating your salary you don't want it to look like you don't 'need' the money.

Have you noticed how the person with the Kusama NF is treated by others? That might help you make your decision.
Jul 17, 2013, 5:35am   #3
I would not use any of my LV canvas bags for work. However, I would not mind carry an all leather designer bag with a discrete logo, and that is not a very recognizable "it-bag". If your colleagues aren't interested in bags they will never know, and if they are into designer bags I bet they will admire yours.
Jul 17, 2013, 7:53am   #4
M
I had an interview yesterday and I didn't have time to change out from my ikat Neverfull. I really didn't want to take it in with me but it was over 90 degrees yesterday and who know what degrees in my car. So I brought it in careful not to expose the large logo but I still felt it was an attention getter regardless b/c of the bright RI. Next time I will make sure to change out my purse the night before to avoid any self conciousness and detractions.
Jul 17, 2013, 8:02am   #5
Originally Posted by youngchick
I know there have been posts about whether to wear LV for interviews but what about work? I've been hired as a consultant and have purposefully not brought my bags to work the last 2 months (just about killed me), I'm about to be hired as a perm employee. I figure I can start wearing them after? Monogram? DE? I just didn't want to wear them before negotiating a salary.
Am I paranoid? Thoughts? I've seen one other LV at work.... Kusama Neverfull of all things...,
If you are a consultant I don't see why not!? To me it depends on where you work. In your case I would totally.
Jul 17, 2013, 8:05am   #6
I wear my LV's everyday, to work and every where else. If you feel more comfortable waiting until after you're permanent, that's fine but I feel it's your bag, wear it! I don't feel awkward or out of place and I'm the only lady in my office that carries an LV. I actually had to convince my supervisor that its ok to treat yourself sometimes. She was carrying a little bag that she bought from a tag sale for $4. Story ends...she went to TJ Maxx and bought like 6 bags, came back to work to ask my opinion on which 3 out of the 6 she should keep. Too cute!
Jul 17, 2013, 8:10am   #7
<( ' _ ' )>
I have had high end positions and low end positions in my life and I have always carried my LVs. The point is to enjoy them. When I worked in my office, I did think about leaving them at home, but I took them anyway...most of the women didn't even know what it was... But that's another story.
Jul 17, 2013, 8:19am   #8
Originally Posted by youngchick

I don't think you have to worry! I wear mine to work all the time. I don't think people even know what they are. I don't see many lv around here but I live in Upstate NY!! YOu work hard for your money and you deserve it!!
Jul 17, 2013, 8:32am   #9
c
I truly don't see a problem. It never would occur to me that you shouldn't carry LV while negotiating salary! Should you also not wear jewelry?!

My only hesitation would be if it is a loud color/pattern (e.g. an orange colored bag in a conservative, gray/navy/black workplace). But that really has nothing to do with brand.
Jul 17, 2013, 8:50am   #10
Only you can decide if you should carry it. Good luck
Jul 17, 2013, 9:04am   #11
Louis Vuitton is very eye-catching where I work. From the customers to the reps to the higher ups, I've witnessed many beautiful purses floating in and out of our store. But only three staff members (myself included) take our luxury bags to work. They're not too loud or fancy, don't scream DESIGNER, appropriate for work and no one gives a hoot. However, I suppose if I was toting a Birkin, that would be a totally different story, for want of a better example. But most importantly, I spend five days a week at work. I think I deserve to have my vintage Chanel purse with me to keep me happy whenever I look at her :)
Jul 17, 2013, 9:04am   #12
First designer I had was Coach and I carried those to work. Now that I have LV's I carry them to work. I see a ton here.
Jul 17, 2013, 9:15am   #13
bagaddicted
Originally Posted by Lizzietish
I have had high end positions and low end positions in my life and I have always carried my LVs. The point is to enjoy them. When I worked in my office, I did think about leaving them at home, but I took them anyway...most of the women didn't even know what it was... But that's another story.
Originally Posted by Lilylovelv
I wear my LV's everyday, to work and every where else. If you feel more comfortable waiting until after you're permanent, that's fine but I feel it's your bag, wear it! I don't feel awkward or out of place and I'm the only lady in my office that carries an LV. I actually had to convince my supervisor that its ok to treat yourself sometimes. She was carrying a little bag that she bought from a tag sale for $4. Story ends...she went to TJ Maxx and bought like 6 bags, came back to work to ask my opinion on which 3 out of the 6 she should keep. Too cute!
Originally Posted by LVmyotherbaby
If you are a consultant I don't see why not!? To me it depends on where you work. In your case I would totally.
Originally Posted by luv2run41
I don't think you have to worry! I wear mine to work all the time. I don't think people even know what they are. I don't see many lv around here but I live in Upstate NY!! YOu work hard for your money and you deserve it!!

+1 to all of this. I understand waiting until you become a permanent employee and have a salary negotiated, but after that, we should all love and use the things that we spend our hard earned money on!
Jul 17, 2013, 9:23am   #14
I usually dont bec it wont fit in my locker anyways.. But I dont mind if I do. However, I will not bring it during Christmas dinners or meetings when I know my bosses will be present, in which case Ill only use my no name brands.
Jul 17, 2013, 9:28am   #15
I bring my LVs to work. I work in retail and we all have similar outfits to work so it really doesn't matter how I look when I leave the department store. My boss does own a fake LV wallet though. Yuck! She saw me looking at it and the next time I saw her carrying her wallet she had a different one. We don't negotiate on the salary though, everyone has approximately the same salary. If we did, then I'd probably try to look as poor as possible!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Louis Vuitton