Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Speedy 25 regular or bandouliere?

POST A REPLY

Feb 27, 2013, 10:55pm   #16
MKbagsnlove74
LVaddict74
I have the speedy 25 in all 3 prints and I adore them all. They are classic and feminine. The mono 25 was my first....my husbands favorite of all my bags. It's a great bag. Just my opinion :)
Feb 28, 2013, 1:49am   #17
kapo_lo
For speedy b, I love monogram more than damier one.
I think it's more classic
Feb 28, 2013, 2:43am   #18
pixiesaz
Wow so many responses! Thank you everyone :) I've decided to go for the damier ebene (since I like the fact that the handles don't patina).

I have a vernis wallet hopefully that is not prone to colour transfer (it's a medium sea green/blue colour), and hopefully the red lining does not have that problem anymore!

As for which style... I'm still stuck between the classic and the bandouliere lol. I love how the strap is functional, but I hate the look of it with the double bulky zippers and the leather down the side... Would it look silly if I got a regular speedy 25 but attached a pomme/red strap to it when I need to? :P
Feb 28, 2013, 2:45am   #19
pixiesaz
Originally Posted by img

I have a Pomme Vernis wallet so no problems with the red there since it's red or red. I have three Speedy 30's - mono, DE, and DA and I do find that they can get heavy if I load them up. If I don't carry much, it's fine. The Speedy is a very light bag in general - just depends how much you put inside. I think the 25 would be fine. I really want a preloved one!!
Do you think a vernis blue wallet would get colour transfer? (It's like a sea green/blue shade).
Feb 28, 2013, 2:46am   #20
pixiesaz
Originally Posted by AnaVeronika
Hi,

I had the same dilemma few months ago. I already had a Speedy (30 in mono) and I was not sure if I should get the regular Speedy 25 in damier ebene or the Speedy B. When I walked in to the store and compared both bags I just knew that the regular Speedy would be my choice. I do not like extra leather on Speedy B. I do not like how it looks like without strap. Classic Speedy is so nice and feminine. It is really one of the most classic and iconic bags.
Exactly! The extra leather on the sides just... No. For some reason it just looks too manly? Lol but the strap is what makes it functional... So confusing!
Feb 28, 2013, 2:49am   #21
pixiesaz
Originally Posted by Everydayshopper
Congrats on your decision! I am also in the midst of choosing a speedy B 30 or 35. It took me a few weeks but I decided on the monogram, now just the size...
You too! I think you should go for the 30! More classic, 35 just seems too luggage like IMO. Of course it's up to you, but I assume you like to carry more on a daily basis so 35 might be too big, 30 would look great :)
Feb 28, 2013, 2:56am   #22
MelanieJoyce
Originally Posted by pixiesaz
Wow so many responses! Thank you everyone :) I've decided to go for the damier ebene (since I like the fact that the handles don't patina).

I have a vernis wallet hopefully that is not prone to colour transfer (it's a medium sea green/blue colour), and hopefully the red lining does not have that problem anymore!

As for which style... I'm still stuck between the classic and the bandouliere lol. I love how the strap is functional, but I hate the look of it with the double bulky zippers and the leather down the side... Would it look silly if I got a regular speedy 25 but attached a pomme/red strap to it when I need to? :P
I would ask the SA about the color transfer just to double check that you wont have a problem with your vernis item. Good choice on going with the DE...I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Speedy B. I keep one of the zipper pulls to the side (the one with the lock) and then use the other when I want to open and close the bag. This makes it just as easy to use as the original Speedy. Also, I know the leather stripes look weird at first, but they probably wont bother you once you get the bag and get used to it. I don't notice them anymore and I really hated them at first. I have both type speedies and I have to say, the Speedy B is my favorite.
I have Speedy B 30 DE but I love the 25 too...it is perfect for Cross body!
Feb 28, 2013, 2:58am   #23
MelanieJoyce

Oh and as for the pomme strap...that is a negative! lol I don't like it and it is not good to use because it will cause tension to the bag. This may damage it in the long run...even though I know some people choose to do this...Louis Vuitton says not to.
Feb 28, 2013, 5:45am   #24
Christabella
Originally Posted by melaniejoyce

oh and as for the pomme strap...that is a negative! Lol i don't like it and it is not good to use because it will cause tension to the bag. This may damage it in the long run...even though i know some people choose to do this...louis vuitton says not to. :d
+1
Feb 28, 2013, 6:47am   #25
needlv
Hi everyone!

After debating for ages between the 25 and 30, I've decided to get the 25 :) however, as much as I love the functionality of the bandouliere strap, I love the look of the regular speedy (it seems more feminine?) also, I've heard that the red lining of the damier can bleed/colour transfer? :O if that is true, would the monogram be a better choice?

Thank you in advance! xx
Yes you can get colour transfer from the lining - as the lining is red, and the rubbing of light coloured accessories (like blanc coral vernis or damier azur accessories) against the red lining can mean your accessories end up with pink edges.

So it depends on what SLG's you have in your bag. If you have mono SLG's, then there shouldn't be much concern. I also wouldn't worry about vernis pomme or amarante SLGs.
Feb 28, 2013, 8:36am   #26
pixiesaz
Originally Posted by needlv

Yes you can get colour transfer from the lining - as the lining is red, and the rubbing of light coloured accessories (like blanc coral vernis or damier azur accessories) against the red lining can mean your accessories end up with pink edges.

So it depends on what SLG's you have in your bag. If you have mono SLG's, then there shouldn't be much concern. I also wouldn't worry about vernis pomme or amarante SLGs.
Thank you! I have a vernis wallet and cles in blue galactic (a sea green/blue colour). Do you think that would get colour transfer? It's medium shade normally, but in sunlight it's a light bright blue.. (I have a thread posted up with a reveal with images of it if that helps!)
Feb 28, 2013, 8:38am   #27
arwen_
you will be much more safe with mono lining!
Feb 28, 2013, 12:07pm   #28
littleblackbag
Never thought I'd be happy with the classic speedy, always thought I'd want the option of the extra strap. However I did have the Speedy B Idylle for a while and actually found the shoulder strap quite uncomfortable. Have just recently bought the classic Speedy 25 in DE (sunday) and I love it sooooooo much I can't tell you. Its so nice to have a bag that I don't need to worry about whether its going to rain or not. I might end up getting the Speedy B 25 eventually but certainly right now I'm more than happy with the one I've got. I say get the classic, you can't go wrong!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >