Home Premier Designers Louis Vuitton

Non-LV bag charm on an LV handbag??

POST A REPLY

Oct 9, 2011, 1:25pm   #61
g
Originally Posted by Bag-a-holic23
Hi there,

I'd like some opinions. . . I really want a bag charm for my Speedy 35. But I just cannot spend LV prices on the charms. I could buy a new bag for those prices. Even the ones on eBay are out of my range. I've been searching for hours for something reasonable. I even looked on Ioffer, but the ones that claim to be authentic still look questionable. Sellers have amazing feedback, but I just don't know. I've never used that site before. Anyhow, I've seen some really cute Coach and Juicy charms. Am I a bag snob for thinking that I shouldn't mix the two? I'm thinking about it and I think they would look really cute . . .
It's funny you'd ask this question, I just asked a similar question in the bag charm club but got no responses. I can well afford to buy LV and other designer bags, but although I like the LV bag charms, I'm not sure that I can justify the prices. I saw a beautiful charm in Juicy and almost bought it. I didn't buy it though because at my age 40+, I wasn't sure if I really wanted a bag charm that would noisily announce my comings and goings (I've heard some of them are really noisy). If you like the juicy charms I say buy it. Fortunately compared to the LV charms they're a steal!
Oct 9, 2011, 2:11pm   #62
The Odd Mod
I love Coach and Juicy charms on my LV! There is such a great selection!
Oct 9, 2011, 2:56pm   #63
s
Originally Posted by gottabagit
It's funny you'd ask this question, I just asked a similar question in the bag charm club but got no responses. I can well afford to buy LV and other designer bags, but although I like the LV bag charms, I'm not sure that I can justify the prices. I saw a beautiful charm in Juicy and almost bought it. I didn't buy it though because at my age 40+, I wasn't sure if I really wanted a bag charm that would noisily announce my comings and goings (I've heard some of them are really noisy). If you like the juicy charms I say buy it. Fortunately compared to the LV charms they're a steal!
I say buy it.
I'm 41 and have a Kate Spade jingle bell key ring attatched to my artsy bag.
Oct 9, 2011, 3:00pm   #64
Great thread!! I Have been in the search for a cute bag charm that isn't LV. something cute for my Delightful GM
Oct 9, 2011, 3:02pm   #65
NEVER CARRY A FAKE!
Originally Posted by gottabagit
Oh you should buy it! When I finally decide what I what I want to put on my bag, I will buy one for my mom too! She's 64! I have a speedy 35 and I bought her a 30. Personally, I love to see mature women embracing a bit of youthful delight. There is a big difference between a decorative charm and spandex and tattoos. Do it! I'm sure you'll love it. They don't all make noise.
Oct 9, 2011, 3:04pm   #66
NEVER CARRY A FAKE!
Originally Posted by PurseKindaGal
Great thread!! I Have been in the search for a cute bag charm that isn't LV. something cute for my Delightful GM
So what are your thoughts? Are you opposed to mixing designers?
Oct 9, 2011, 4:09pm   #68
I only use LV charms on my bags, but think other charms would look great as long as they don't have a large logo on them to compete with LV.
Oct 9, 2011, 5:07pm   #69
Uh oh...
Ooo I love the etsy ones. They're very unique. When I answered this question earlier, I was picturing a big Coach monogram charm on a speedy, which I think would be totally wrong. But just ornamental ones, either designer or handmade, without a big logo on it could look really beautiful! Good luck with your search!
Oct 9, 2011, 5:20pm   #70
Obsessed and in LoVe
I think you can put whatever you like on your bag. However, I wouldn't put a charm with an obvious logo from another brand with an LV bag. I think that would be too much. If it's just a nice charm and it doesn't scream Coach or Gucci or whatever, I think it's totally fine.
Oct 9, 2011, 5:32pm   #71
i dont like mixing non-lv charms wif lv bags. somehow i feel they dont work, even if its a gucci or prada charm. but each to their own. then again, lv charms r so overpriced.
hv u considerd buying a lv lugguage tag, its prolly cheaper + its more personalised.
Oct 9, 2011, 5:42pm   #72
c
Juicy charms -the gold would look best with LV. A Bandeau would be good too because it can be used more than one way (justifiable). A cles would be okay too if you want to spend that much!
Oct 9, 2011, 5:52pm   #73
NEVER CARRY A FAKE!
Originally Posted by Minteva
i dont like mixing non-lv charms wif lv bags. somehow i feel they dont work, even if its a gucci or prada charm. but each to their own. then again, lv charms r so overpriced.
hv u considerd buying a lv lugguage tag, its prolly cheaper + its more personalised.
I have considered a luggage tag, but I think it looks like - well, a luggage tag. On a 35, I don't want to look like I'm traveling. Plus, I just want to dress the bag up a little. I will probably buy one from Etsy that is personalized. . . like this . . .

http://www.etsy.com/listing/72131451...facet=handmade

http://www.etsy.com/listing/82742922...-necklace-keys

Then, I'll just add a pop of color. I've contacted the sellers. So, we'll see. When I finally decided, I will add pics.
Oct 9, 2011, 5:52pm   #74
NEVER CARRY A FAKE!
Originally Posted by acrowcounted
Ooo I love the etsy ones. They're very unique. When I answered this question earlier, I was picturing a big Coach monogram charm on a speedy, which I think would be totally wrong. But just ornamental ones, either designer or handmade, without a big logo on it could look really beautiful! Good luck with your search!
Thanks! No - nothing big and tacky.
Oct 9, 2011, 6:00pm   #75
Obsessed and in LoVe
^ Love the one with the keys!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Louis Vuitton