Home Premier Designers Louis Vuitton

Monogram Idylle Speedy 30-To Buy Or Not To Buy-HELP

POST A REPLY

Sep 11, 2010, 8:24am   #16
<333
I have owned this bag for about 3 weeks or so now and it is wearing wonderfully! I have taken in out in the rain twice now (no choice, I live in Miami..It always rains) and it dried right up, no fading, no pilling, nothing. again it is early but I am confident it will continue to wear well. If you can find it, Buy it!! I love it.

For a second I thought it was me who you saw at the mall since I was at the mall yesterday and saw a lady looking at my bag, you could tell she knew what it was, But we don't get 5 months of winter
Sep 11, 2010, 8:37pm   #17
designer diva
I used to have the original, the Monogram Mini Lin Ebene. I LOVED that bag, but I sold it to a friend because I wasn't using it much because I'm really a Speedy 35 size kinda gal. I asked to have a larger Mini Lin made, but LV wouldn't do it. The size of the Idylle (Speedy 30) is the only reason that it's not back in my collection. For me, it's too small.

If the Speedy 30 size works for you...GET IT!
Sep 11, 2010, 9:34pm   #18
Purse Addiction
I like it so I say go for it :)
Sep 11, 2010, 10:08pm   #19
a
- to buy, if u like it
Sep 17, 2010, 11:10pm   #20
R
I bought the Speedy in sepia and have carried it with the shoulder strap everyday for the past two months. I haven't had any problems with it (no pilling) and it's been in the rain a few times but the water just rolls off. It's a great everyday bag - love it!
Sep 17, 2010, 11:26pm   #21
I love that color! It'll go with just about anything. I can't speak to your other questions, but I tried the bag (in another color, grr) at the store yesterday and I was amazed by how light it is, and how comfy it is with the strap. Good luck :)
Sep 18, 2010, 11:38am   #22
All I can say is I love mine!
Sep 18, 2010, 12:11pm   #23
i got mine in the middle of august and i absolutely love it. i have not yet encountered rain here in sunny 'ol cali, but otherwise, it's stood up very well to all the wear and tear i put it through (not intentionally of course). the fusain color is so versatile too!! good luck with you decision
Sep 18, 2010, 12:25pm   #24
just ONE more...
It's gorgeous, so go for it... will go with everything and so light! Post pics too!
Sep 18, 2010, 2:17pm   #25
c
cap
i would def. buy it. its very pretty and versatile. Go for it!
Nov 22, 2011, 11:13pm   #26
e
Originally Posted by sgj99
i bought it in Encre (blue) last weekend and my SA pretty much said the same thing. so if it's the fabrication that is worrying you than put your fears to rest ... it's a great bag.

Hi,I'm thinking to get the Encre tomorrow,do you still like it after a year? ( this thread is a year ok right? ). thx
Nov 23, 2011, 12:43am   #27
I'm sorry I have to go negative on this one. I wanted an Idylle Speedy for a long time and finally bought one in Fusain a few months ago. Thinking that I could use it as a crossbody especially going out with 2 toddlers. I only carry wallet, mobile phone, 2 iPod Touches and a packet of tissues but I find that it gets quite heavy. Perhaps it is due to the amount of hardware that come with the bag. My shoulder hurts a lot towards the end of the day. Same goes to hand carrying it. The bag is now sitting in my closet and has only been used twice for the past few months :(

But then I have to say that I love this bag a lot, it is the prettiest bag I have so far apart from my Artsy :P
Nov 23, 2011, 4:15am   #28
k
Get it or you will regret later when LV decide to increase the price!

Check out mine here:-
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vui...mm-716184.html
Nov 23, 2011, 5:20am   #29
This bag is next on my wish list. I am definitely going to get it before the year ends. I have done a lot of research on this bag and am convinced that it is much more durable than mini lin. It is indeed a very pretty bag. I suppose most everyone likes speedy, just like me. This one has a big plus because of the shoulder strap. You can leave the strap on and switch from hand carry to shoulder carry when you get tired or need to be hands free. I want to buy encre because blue is my favorite color and I have too many brown bags already. The fusain is a beautiful color and will be low maintenance for you. A lot of Speedy B owners have found theirs quite bulky, but since this one is in softer fabric, I highly doubt that you will have that problem. I say go for it!
Nov 23, 2011, 5:42am   #30
Lovely Bag!
if you like it, get it!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Louis Vuitton