Home Premier Designers Louis Vuitton

Is a tote essential

POST A REPLY

Jun 10, 2011, 8:07pm   #46
Originally Posted by suemb
Quite honestly, if I had the variety of LV bags you already have, I would get a Goyard St. Louis tote, not a Neverfull. They are both effectively the same size(s), but the Goyard seems a little more elegant and much more unique.

Is this a LV Bag?
Jun 10, 2011, 10:17pm   #47
g
nope. galliera is a huge hobo that will do the same job a tote can do.
Jun 11, 2011, 10:42am   #48
L
iWantASpeedy35Band!
my NF is my little everyday buddy. i prefer it's straps than that of the Delightful. the NF's straps stay in place, while the delightful's strap keeps falling off my shoulder. i don't know, maybe it's just me.

it not an essential per se, as i don't really collect just for the sake of collecting, i want something that i use whenever i want, but it's good to have something that I don't baby. it's heavy duty! i have the GM, btw.
Jun 11, 2011, 2:21pm   #49
Originally Posted by geekygirl
nope. galliera is a huge hobo that will do the same job a tote can do.

You have a good point because that bag holds tons..
Jun 13, 2011, 2:24pm   #50
s
Originally Posted by libra1375
Is this a LV Bag?
No, Goyard is an entirely different (French) brand. You should check out the Goyard forum here...
Jun 13, 2011, 2:43pm   #51
Bang Tidy!
I think so. Although lately, I've been using my Speedy 35 more than anything else.

A tote is a really good alternative if you will need complete use of your hands, I think.
Jun 13, 2011, 6:58pm   #52
🎀🍥🍥🎀🍥🍥🎀
depends

I live in a rainy climate, I must have a zip top, so for me - no
Aug 8, 2012, 1:32am   #53
j
Originally Posted by roseylovestosho
Not sure why people think the neverfull is a flimsy tote. I have both the Lumineuse gm and the neverfull gm and I think that they are both equally sturdy. Of course, the Lumineuse has a zipper, but for easy access I definitely think the neverfull is wonderful! However, I did add a base shaper to it because it sagged too much when I put my laptop in it...

Either way, considering I have two tote bags (arguably 4 because I have the artsy and BH as well) I do absolutely think they are essential...even though looks-wise I prefer cute handhelds!
hi,

just wondering what sized base shaper you used for your lumineuse?
Aug 8, 2012, 3:26am   #54
It is the perfect work travel or gym big. Awesome for its use.
Aug 8, 2012, 12:03pm   #55
o
I think a tote is definitely a good thing to have!! While I don't use mine as a daily bag, they are great for travel or when you need to haul a bunch of stuff around. I have an azur in the MM size and a mono in the GM size.
Aug 9, 2012, 12:24am   #56
Paris 2014 or Bust
Originally Posted by okshoppergirl
I think a tote is definitely a good thing to have!! While I don't use mine as a daily bag, they are great for travel or when you need to haul a bunch of stuff around. I have an azur in the MM size and a mono in the GM size.
I agree with this.
Aug 9, 2012, 12:55am   #57
Only a plane away!
I had the DE NF GM and returned it, not because I didn't think it was functional but because I had trouble with the glazing coming apart on a one week old bag.

That being said, I decided to return that and get a Delightful GM which to me was another type of tote.

I love totes, so my answer is yes. I may one day own a NF b/c I absolutely love the way it looks but it will definitely be a MM in either Monogram or DA print.
Aug 9, 2012, 2:11am   #58
I agree with sue. I have a Damier Ebene NF GM and a Navy Goyard St Louis GM. The Goyard receives compliments all the time. I wasn't crazy about it at first - thought it was too big/wide and looked like a beach bag but after 8 months of use, the canvas has relaxed and softened without looking sloppy like a NF that has lost it's shape. It has become one of my favorite totes.

Originally Posted by suemb
Quite honestly, if I had the variety of LV bags you already have, I would get a Goyard St. Louis tote, not a Neverfull. They are both effectively the same size(s), but the Goyard seems a little more elegant and much more unique.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Louis Vuitton