Home Premier Designers Louis Vuitton

Help me choose a Louis!

POST A REPLY

Apr 29, 2013, 9:01pm   #1
Tristan
Hi, everyone! I need help! I have been searching high-and-low for the Louis that is right for me. I have been on their website almost every day, on TPF looking at bag pics and model shots, and on YouTube looking at "what fits" and "what's in my bag" videos, and I can not seem to figure out which bag is right for me. So, can you help me choose an LV?

A little bit about me...
I currently carry a 24cm Coach Duffle.
I like a light weight bag.
I like a shoulder bag. Needs to be comfy... no digging in.
I like bags with a zipper closure.
I dress fairly casual most of the time. (jeans and t-shirt or shorts and tank)
I love the Damier Ebene canvas and the Damier Azur... Monogram is my third choice.
I travel often so I have a few other bags that I put my "necessities" in and I wear crossbody.
I prefer a low-maintenance bag.
I don't live near a LV store.
I don't "change out" my bags. I will use this as an everyday bag. Only time I change bags is when I downsize for dinner or travel.
I am okay with buying a pre-loved bag.
I prefer bags with a little structure... I like my items to stay in place in my bag.
I am 5'10", 140lbs.

What I carry everyday: iPhone 5, two small zipper pouches, glasses case, small wallet, another small wallet, tissues, Invisalign case, lens cleaning cloth, pen, two or three lipglosses, Eos lip balm, and Eos hand lotion, Tums, car keys, digital camera.

What I carry to dinner: phone, lipgloss, lip balm, small wallet, car keys.

Top handle bags are out... no Speedy (Bandouliere is a maybe) or Alma.
No Papillon...
No Bergamo... I do not care for bags with a flap covering the opening.

I am leaning towards the new Pochette for a starter bag. It's the perfect size for my dinner nights or shopping.

The shoulder bag that catches my eye is the Neverfull and the Delightful. (I would want the zipper purse insert.)

I have not been able to visit a LV store, yet. I live in Missouri.

Attached are a few photos of what I put in my bag and some size references. My going out smaller bag is the black patent.

I probably sound like a crazy, obsessed lunatic but I want to be sure to get the right bag for me!

So... what do you think? Buy a smaller shopping bag first like the Pochette? Or buy a larger, shoulder bag? Ugh!! Decisions, decisions...

Thanks!!
Tristan
Attached Images

Apr 29, 2013, 9:04pm   #2
l
Sully mm.
Apr 29, 2013, 9:05pm   #3
LV & Bal Obsessed
I'd really consider a DE Bandouliere. That is one great bag and great for everyday!
Apr 29, 2013, 9:09pm   #4
Boston Rules !
Originally Posted by lvaddict89
Sully mm.
+1 for tge Sully mm...I have this bag and love it, i also have the coach bag , too...the sully will be good for you :)
Apr 29, 2013, 9:11pm   #5
Maybe try the Westminster GM or Verona MM...
Apr 29, 2013, 9:45pm   #6
img
Blessed & Content
Sully MM or Delightful MM. Good luck!
Apr 29, 2013, 9:46pm   #7
Hi, I recommend the Westminster GM too! One of my first Coach bags looked exactly like yours, except in black. And the reason why I chose it was because it was easy to zip open in either direction as it has 2 zippers and also bc I could easily just open the bag and see what I wanted.

A Speedy B would be great too! I also own one as well, but it was definitely a transition for me from the Coach duffle as I wasn't used to "digging" inside a purse looking for something. But that's just my experience! Good luck! Can't wait to see what others can recommend and to also see what you end up choosing!
Apr 29, 2013, 10:02pm   #8
On of my fav Lv is the trevi pm, it's classy and you can wear it every day. It's a shoulder and a satchel at the same time, the shape is so original.

http://xb7.xanga.com/389f9be01973327...m222269423.jpg
Apr 29, 2013, 10:30pm   #9
Speedy B, great bag that can be worn a number of ways. Good luck with decision.
Apr 29, 2013, 10:35pm   #10
Portobello for sure!
Apr 29, 2013, 10:57pm   #11
Paris 2014 or Bust
Totally:

Lightweight, shoulder, structured, zipper, casual...in Damier Azur.
Apr 29, 2013, 11:23pm   #12
l
Originally Posted by AntigonaLove
On of my fav Lv is the trevi pm, it's classy and you can wear it every day. It's a shoulder and a satchel at the same time, the shape is so original.

http://xb7.xanga.com/389f9be01973327...m222269423.jpg
Good call.
Apr 29, 2013, 11:37pm   #13
Birkin or bust...
Stalk the LV website until you like something, then visit the clubhouse when you narrow down.

I second the Trevi :)

Good luck!
Apr 29, 2013, 11:44pm   #14
I
Trevi!
Apr 29, 2013, 11:47pm   #15
Tristan
Originally Posted by lvaddict89
Sully mm.
Originally Posted by jules 8
+1 for tge Sully mm...I have this bag and love it, i also have the coach bag , too...the sully will be good for you :)
Originally Posted by img
Sully MM or Delightful MM. Good luck!
Is the Sully comfortable on the shoulder? The strap looks thicker than most.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Louis Vuitton