Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Did I do good?

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Mar 21, 2012, 8:15am   #31
E
ExpensiveTA5TE
Originally Posted by lovesunny
Hi everyone!!! Tonight was pretty interesting! I was out walking my dog and on my way home I saw my neighbor outside. We got to talking and he told me he has just recently broken up with his girlfriend and she had given back some of the things he had bought her when they were still together. He said he had noticed that I carried Louis vuitton bags and was wondering if I would be interested in a speedy 30 ( he didn't know what it was called..said it looks like an old school mailbox,...lol) I of course said ok I'll check it out. Well the overall bag was great..canvas in perfect condition,leather handles was a med patina, piping was good with the exception of one corner the leather did wear down the the plastic piece is showing a bit ( not that noticeable). But overall it was in excellent condition...I asked him how much he wanted to sell it for and he said $100! The bag is made in USA and he bought it in 2007 he still had the receipt! I did good right girls??
OMG you are so lucky! lol it was meant to be haha i guess it's a good thing that guys don't know their value?
Mar 21, 2012, 8:17am   #32
CrazyBagLady74
Nice Boyfriend. Her loss is your gain. LOL That is a good deal!!
Mar 21, 2012, 8:26am   #33
Loveofhandbags
No way in heck my husband would I give my husband back the bags he bought me if we broke up! She must be temporarily insane, lol.

At least you benefit from the insanity! lol
Mar 21, 2012, 8:40am   #34
drspock7
Handbag Connoisseur
girl you done good...LOL! any pics
Mar 21, 2012, 8:51am   #35
Winiebean
This thread cracks me up.. great job on your new Louis! =)
Mar 21, 2012, 9:00am   #36
b
benchwarmer
Congratulations on a classic bag and a startlingly low price. I've price checked at LV what it costs to replace the piping on the speedy 30 and the LV at 59th and Lex in NYC said only $150. I would just replace all the piping on your bag and then you can fully embrace it. My mono speedy needs the piping replaced bec. I would wipe the corners with a baby wipe if they got dirty and rubbed too much that the piping did indeed break through on 3 of the 4 corners. I learned my lesson and now I just do not wipe the piping on any bags and am mindful of what I bump into or just live and enjoy it and replace vachetta when needed.
Mar 21, 2012, 10:01am   #37
abbie001
Sweet Deal
Mar 21, 2012, 10:09am   #38
n
noonoo07
Thats awesome! Post pics!!!!
Mar 21, 2012, 10:15am   #39
Dancechika24
2 Loves:Lola & Loki
Got any pics?
Mar 21, 2012, 12:24pm   #40
hazelarceo
Great job! Share some pics! :)
Mar 21, 2012, 12:43pm   #41
l
lovesunny
I took the bag into lv to ask about the piping repair... They said since it was only one corner they r going to do it for free!yeah!!!!
Mar 21, 2012, 12:48pm   #42
elleestbelle
wow!!! you got a steal! he needs to break up with girlfriends more often!!!
Mar 21, 2012, 12:50pm   #43
Stangbabe64
Awesome! What a "start the car" moment that must have been when he said $100.00. Are you going to post a pic?
Mar 21, 2012, 1:04pm   #44
lilmountaingirl
~i LVoe/Hate LV!~
Jealous!!!
Mar 21, 2012, 1:12pm   #45
sayakayumi
Aphrodite A
Originally Posted by lovesunny
I took the bag into lv to ask about the piping repair... They said since it was only one corner they r going to do it for free!yeah!!!!
Great news!
What a dummy ex-gf she didn’t have to return the gifts only an engagement ring gets returned… you did good!
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >