POST A REPLY

Oct 14, 2007, 11:11pm   #1
R
Account Deactivated
I pulled out the Cabas Alto today to use it as a tote bag. I forgot how HUGE it is! But it's too bag it' s not made any more. Does anyone else use this monster bag, or is it just me? I hope my shoulder survives it!
Oct 15, 2007, 1:13am   #2
Lovin My Little Girl
I was thinking about buying one, but it is BIG!
Oct 15, 2007, 4:15am   #3
I luv Balenciaga :D
i only got the mezzo ya it discontinue so sad....i hope it will come back again...
Oct 15, 2007, 7:30am   #4
ADMIRE vs. ACQUIRE
I regret selling mine.
I remember buying it, was only around $600.
I totally miss the large capacity, and the straps were nothing like the flimsy Neverfull straps....and NO sagging bottom, as it was pure Vachetta.

You're lucky. Don't let that one go.
Oct 15, 2007, 7:59am   #5
Living the GoodLife
Oh ya.. that's a big one! I love every bag in that collection though.. from the Piano on up!
Oct 15, 2007, 8:18am   #6
Wow thats some big bag to carry around all day. I'm buying the cabas mezzo soon. I do wish they still made the alto its so perfect for traveling.
Oct 15, 2007, 9:11am   #7
n
NewChicGal
I wish I can still buy Cabas Alto from the boutique. That will be my first LV bag if it's still available. I guess I'll have to get the Saleya GM or Cabas Mezzo instead
Oct 15, 2007, 9:14am   #8
F
My mom used to have it but she passed it on to my grandmother. Its HUGE and I think it was one of my all time favorites.
Oct 15, 2007, 3:47pm   #9
s
i have the mezzo and alto. yup alto is huge! i dont use it anymore-just thinking of getting the neverfull gm.... now im not sure.
the mezzo was my diaper bag- very sentimental for me. :)
Jun 29, 2011, 11:11am   #10
G
Recently saw the new LV ads with Angelina Jolie with her Cabas Alto. Wonder if LV will re-introduce it.
Jun 29, 2011, 9:19pm   #11
designer diva
^^I've heard that they may come out with a newer version in light of her LV ad.
Jun 29, 2011, 9:56pm   #12
M
Account Deactivated
I bought the Alto in pre-used excellent condition a couple of months ago...it IS huge - I will love using it for travel. If it was $600 when it came out in 2000, how much would it be now if they made it the exact same way? $1500?
Jun 30, 2011, 8:06am   #13
saving. mostly.
I really want this bag, especially in Damier Ebene! It's a stunner and if it gets re-released, I'm so there!
Jun 30, 2011, 2:04pm   #14
Originally Posted by him8nce_momma69
^^I've heard that they may come out with a newer version in light of her LV ad.
That would be wise. There are so many inquiries about this bag. My chance to land this bag again, after selling it on a whim years ago!
Jul 1, 2011, 8:34am   #15
designer diva
Originally Posted by Grande Latte
That would be wise. There are so many inquiries about this bag. My chance to land this bag again, after selling it on a whim years ago!
I so agree. Time to add this one back to the collection!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Louis Vuitton