1.Do a SEARCH and check if the item has been reviewed by one of the senior authenticators before posting a request. Searches can be done via the seller name or by auction/listing number - add * to the beginning and end of the number (eg. *12345678*).
2. You MUST use the format below when requesting for authentication for auctions or non-auctions: Format to use for an auction item:
Link: (please make sure link works after you post) Don't post mobile web link.
Format to use for non-auction item:
Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):(please make sure link works after you post)
Photos: (attach using the paperclip at the top of the message box or upload to photobucket.com and post the [IMG] links)
3.All requests must have clear photos (either in listing and/or provided by member requesting the authentication). This will help expedite authentications. Please ask the seller/use the macro setting on your digi (little flower). If you cannot see the details yourself, neither can we.
At minimum, pics MUST include:
- all exterior
- LV heat stamp
- date code
- engraving on hardware (ie. zipper pull, lock, rivet, pushlock, screws, etc)
If the listing or your request does not have the required pics, it will NOT be reviewed. That means if you have not received a response, please check your original posting to ensure all information and pics are present.
Check out this thread--> REQUIRED PICS for LV Authentication
Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
4. Do NOT make more than 3 requests per post.
5.Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your request. Search by seller or item # to ensure that it has not been reviewed (see rule 1). If the auction is ending soon, you may say so in your comments. Remember, we are just like you, and get on tPF when we have time so please be patient.
6.To ensure that additional pics requested are seen by the authenticators, quote or provide a link to your original request and response. Use the quote feature or copy and paste the url. Failure to do do may result in your query not being answered. Please utilize the quote feature when responding directly to another post.
7.Comments on price and/or condition are NOT permitted. So please do not ask us for an opinion.
8. Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.
9. Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
10. Do NOT handle your disputes with other members in this thread. Take your differences to Private Message or just use the REPORT function ( button) to alert the mods, and let them handle it from there. In the meantime, just ignore the poster until a Mod can intervene. Failure to do so can result in banning. Always be respectful when you post and treat others as you expect to be treated. This is an open thread and everyone is welcome to participate.
All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.