Home Shoes, Shoes, Shoes Christian Louboutin Louboutin Shopping

New to CL, Las Vegas & suggestion help please?

POST A REPLY

Jan 4, 2012, 8:33pm   #1
♔ LV - Chanel - Bal♔
Hello ladies (and gents)! I am new to these forums and to CL in general, though I've admired CL's from afar for years now.

For Valentines Day my husband and I are spending a week in Las Vegas. It is our first time there, and conveniently I've heard there is a CL boutique. I live in Hawaii where we have only one store that sells them. Needless to say, they are always sold out of the styles/size that I want. Not wanting to order online, this is the perfect opportunity for me to finally get myself a pair of CL's.

I am excited, but also very nervous.

I do have some questions about buying them in Las Vegas.

1. Can you recommend me a store/boutique (preferably close to the strip) and/or SA?
2. How is the stock usually? Where I live, CL's are almost always sold out... should I take certain precautions (order ahead, stock check, etc)?
3. I have never purchased high end shoes before. Any special advice so I don't look like a dumb dumb when entering the store?
4. Anything else I should know so I don't embarrass myself?

Secondly, this forum is a wealth of knowledge but I am very confused and overwhelmed by all the names and numbers. Could you all please recommend me a good basic pair of pumps?

My needs are:
1. Between 3-4.5" inches with or without a platform
2. I prefer round, closed toe
3. I prefer black (not patent, not snakeskin, etc) with the classic red soles
4. Wearable in an office environment, fancy restaurant, or simply a date night

I appreciate any help you can give me. I hope I didn't make an @$$ out of myself and post in the wrong thread or anything... Thank you all in advance!
Jan 4, 2012, 9:16pm   #2
<3OOO~~~
there are several boutiques plus dept stores in LV. no need to call ahead. if one place doesn't have what you want, go to another. i would suggest ron rons, simples or biancas. if you don't want patent, your choice (in leather) would be kid. all CLs have red soles. i would go into the store(s) and just try on several pairs in the color you want and decide which works best with your feet.
Jan 4, 2012, 9:34pm   #3
Two CL boutiques- Plazzo and Forum Shops at Ceasar's.
Shoe In- Wynn
Barney's
Neiman's
Sak's

I agree Ron Ron, New Simples or Biancas are probably what you're looking for. Try on whatever catches your eye, you may surprise yourself

Have fun!!!
Jan 4, 2012, 10:34pm   #4
♔ LV - Chanel - Bal♔
Originally Posted by gymangel812
there are several boutiques plus dept stores in LV. no need to call ahead. if one place doesn't have what you want, go to another. i would suggest ron rons, simples or biancas. if you don't want patent, your choice (in leather) would be kid. all CLs have red soles. i would go into the store(s) and just try on several pairs in the color you want and decide which works best with your feet.
I'm pretty embarrassed for being such a noob, but thank you for the common sense haha. Thank you also so much for the suggestions. I don't feel as lost now.
Jan 4, 2012, 10:34pm   #5
♔ LV - Chanel - Bal♔
Originally Posted by dezynrbaglaydee
Two CL boutiques- Plazzo and Forum Shops at Ceasar's.
Shoe In- Wynn
Barney's
Neiman's
Sak's

I agree Ron Ron, New Simples or Biancas are probably what you're looking for. Try on whatever catches your eye, you may surprise yourself

Have fun!!!
Oooh, okay. Those were the styles I was looking at on his site. I am pretty excited and am glad that I have a better idea of where to start now. Thanks so much.
Jan 4, 2012, 11:10pm   #6
I love my shoes!
All the stores are on the strip anyways. Barney's and CL Palazzo are at...well...the Palazzo I've never been to the Forum Shops. Saks (?and Neiman's) are essentially across the street from the Palazzo IIRC. I can't remember where the Wynn is relatively to all this.
Jan 4, 2012, 11:33pm   #7
I really like the CL boutiques. Try the Palazzo and the Forum shops. No need to call ahead.. just walk in and browse, and when you see something you like ask to try on. I think it would help to just look around at all the different styles first before you already have a checklist in your head of what you want. You may try something completely different on and love it. The stocks are usually pretty decent so no worries there. Good luck, have fun and let us know what you end up getting!
Jan 24, 2012, 9:31am   #8
I go to Vegas every other weekend, best selection was @ Barney's. Also, Barney's is right around the corner (3 min walking distance) from the Christian Louboutin store in the Palazzo.
Jan 28, 2012, 9:53pm   #9
m
I loved the CL in the palazzo! I got my first babies there I had the sweetest SA I didn't catch his name but he's ukranian! Has blonde hair!

I vote for new simples :)
Jan 29, 2012, 12:29pm   #10
Orange Pyramid
1. Can you recommend me a store/boutique (preferably close to the strip) and/or SA? I prefer to buy from the boutiques. There is one in the Caesar's Palace hotel and there's another in the Venetian.
2. How is the stock usually? Where I live, CL's are almost always sold out... should I take certain precautions (order ahead, stock check, etc)? Las Vegas stores tend to have really good stock. I've been told by SAs that LV gets the best of all the US boutiques. No need to order ahead. The point of visiting the boutique is to try the shoes on yourself and see what works for you.
3. I have never purchased high end shoes before. Any special advice so I don't look like a dumb dumb when entering the store? No special advice. Just take your time and have fun!
4. Anything else I should know so I don't embarrass myself? No need to worry, just go with an open mind.

Especially for your first pair, I don't think you should look for a particular style. Try on the ones that look appealing to you and ask the SA for recs.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shoes, Shoes, Shoes Christian Louboutin Louboutin Shopping