Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

May 29, 2011, 8:20pm   #1
LouboutinHottie
I was just informed that I can spend $600 on a pair of CLs for grad. Any 140mm under $600? I am tired of 100mm I just feel more comfortable and better in a 140. Remember $600 with the 13% tax here in Ontario, my mom is not comfortable with ordering online because of sizing issues, anybody in the Toronto area that has seen some of the styles in David's or Holt Renfrew? With prices? I know what is at David's on Bloor, but didn't check any of the prices.

TIA.
May 29, 2011, 8:24pm   #2
iloveredsoles
As far as the new collection goes (what's at Holt's and David's) there's no 140's at $600 especially tx included.

Unless you're looking at a wedge and even at that it will come out to more than $600 with the taxes.

I don't even think there's anything at Holts or Davids for under $600 including taxes...

If your budget is fixed at $600 ebay would be your best bet!

Good luck and keep us posted!
May 29, 2011, 8:29pm   #3
LouboutinHottie
Originally Posted by iloveredsoles
As far as the new collection goes (what's at Holt's and David's) there's no 140's at $600 especially tx included.

Unless you're looking at a wedge and even at that it will come out to more than $600 with the taxes.

I don't even think there's anything at Holts or Davids for under $600 including taxes...

If your budget is fixed at $600 ebay would be your best bet!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Yeah sucks with the tax here, well I could drive over to Buffalo do they sell CLs there?
May 29, 2011, 8:37pm   #4
hazeltt
Originally Posted by LouboutinHottie
Yeah sucks with the tax here, well I could drive over to Buffalo do they sell CLs there?
I've never seen CLs in Buffalo but you can check out stores like Saks Off Fifth since you never know what they get in. And maybe follow the Sales thread for some deals in the US? Good luck!
May 29, 2011, 8:49pm   #5
skislope15
I was just informed that I can spend $600 on a pair of CLs for grad. Any 140mm under $600? I am tired of 100mm I just feel more comfortable and better in a 140. Remember $600 with the 13% tax here in Ontario, my mom is not comfortable with ordering online because of sizing issues, anybody in the Toronto area that has seen some of the styles in David's or Holt Renfrew? With prices? I know what is at David's on Bloor, but didn't check any of the prices.

TIA.
Saks sale in detroit starts this week.....
May 29, 2011, 9:38pm   #6
LouboutinHottie
Originally Posted by skislope15
Saks sale in detroit starts this week.....
Could go there... it's only 4 hours away.
May 29, 2011, 10:49pm   #7
heiress-ox
big hair, high heels
If you see something you like in the sales ; why don't you get a charge-send done so they are sent to you so you don't have to drive all over to pick them up!

Either that, or you could put the extra 200-300 on top of what your parents are offering to get a 140mm

Good luck!
May 30, 2011, 12:06am   #8
LouboutinHottie
Originally Posted by heiress-ox
If you see something you like in the sales ; why don't you get a charge-send done so they are sent to you so you don't have to drive all over to pick them up!

Either that, or you could put the extra 200-300 on top of what your parents are offering to get a 140mm

Good luck!
Problem is I need to try them on lol.
May 30, 2011, 12:51am   #9
AEGIS
lettin' them have it
you could try them on and then stalk ebay or something?
May 30, 2011, 3:20am   #10
carlinha
LeOrangeBliss
the cheapest retail CLs i have ever seen are about $595 but they are the classics like pigalles and simples in basic leather, or wedges and flats.... i think ebay or bonanza would be your best bet to be honest.
May 30, 2011, 4:33am   #11
laureenthemean
I don't think anything with a platform retails less than the $700 range.
May 30, 2011, 8:10am   #12
5elle
And you're talking about $600 Canadian rather than US right? I suggest you try on all that you can in Holts or Davids or wherever and note your size. Then you can order online once the sales start or via eBay since sizing will no longer be an issue.
May 30, 2011, 11:33am   #13
skislope15
Could go there... it's only 4 hours away.

go there and wear them home....so no duty! there's also a neimans and a nordstroms among others...

www.thesomersetcollection.com

amazing mall!
Last edited May 30, 2011 at 4:27pm.
May 30, 2011, 4:11pm   #14
LouboutinHottie
Originally Posted by skislope15
go there and wear them home....so no duty! there's also a neimans and a nordstroms among others...

www.thesomersetcollection.com

amazing mall!
Not sure if I should go to Detroit though, it's not the safest place to be. I doubt there's CLs in Buffalo I could just pay retail of something in Toronto. If David's gets some Pigalles in I'd definitely buy them. I know they are not 140, but they look like it because of the arch & no platform.
Last edited May 30, 2011 at 4:28pm.
May 30, 2011, 4:12pm   #15
LouboutinHottie
Originally Posted by 5elle
And you're talking about $600 Canadian rather than US right? I suggest you try on all that you can in Holts or Davids or wherever and note your size. Then you can order online once the sales start or via eBay since sizing will no longer be an issue.
Hey! That is a good idea, could do!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >