POST A REPLY

Jan 30, 2008, 12:08pm   #1
j
ETA: Info about MM7, the Official CL Cobbler in Paris can be found here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louboutin...l#post13983403

I thought it would be a good idea to have a CL cobbler resource sticky instead of having to use the search function so I PMed Cristina and she agreed so here goes.

In the Washington, DC metro area I can vouch for Westwood Cleaners 5110 Ridgefield Rd Bethesda, MD 20816 Phone: (301)657-1813. It's a dry-cleaners/cobbler. Aris is the cobbler and Garbis is the dye-expert. You can just ask for the shoe guys.

My experience: The Vuitton shoe manager David referred them to me and they have literally saved my soles. My feet lurch to one side so they do balancing, fix heels, replace or build out tips, fix grate cuts, dyeing etc. The only issue I had with them once was not getting my satin Rolandos as clean as I wanted. They retried at no extra charge and it worked. They charge around 30 dollars for each pair but I really "abuse" my heels-wearing them in all kinds of weather, uneven city streets, out dancing etc so it might be cheaper for you. I have recommended the Vibram soles to Aris but for now they hand paint your soles back to life. They even changed red when they noticed that the red they were using was too dark and not a true CL red so now they have a better red and soon maybe the Vibram soles. I personally don't care about protecting the red but I was impressed by their commitment to customer service.

I know people on this forum in the NYC area rave about and use Arty's Shoe Service 243 8th Ave New York, NY 10011 Phone: (212) 255-1451.

Please feel free to add testimonials and resources for your local area.
Last edited Jul 5, 2013 at 12:15am.
Jan 30, 2008, 12:13pm   #2
I recommend Shoe Service Plus, they are in New York on 55th Street b/w 5th and 6th. Their number is 212.262.4823.
They literally work wonders on shoes and they generally deal with all high end designer shoes since many boutiques and department stores use this place as their shoe repair shop.
Louis is the best, he will take care of you very well- especially if you wink and smile at him a bit
They have the red vibram soles but they are very stingy with them because they have a limited supply. But they are still highly recommended. They also repair and clean handbags. I have brought them many used Chanel bags and they have made them look as good as new.
I have also worked with Jim's Shoe Repair and they are just OK.
Jan 30, 2008, 12:16pm   #3
x
•sofa king zen•
Retailer/shop/shoe repair place that has red soles in stock in TX.
It looks like they have three generations worth of experience.

http://www.myshoesavers.com/soleprotectors.html

SHOE SAVERS IS LOCATED 1 ½ BLOCKS EAST OF KIRBY ON BISSONNET

2438 Bissonnet
Houston, TX 77005

Store Hours:Phone Number:Mon. - Fri. 7:30 AM - 6 PM(713) 52-HEELSSaturdays 8 AM - 4 PM (524-3357)
Jan 30, 2008, 12:21pm   #4
x
•sofa king zen•
Consolidation from posts in previous threads:

Originally Posted by dls80ucla
Angelo's Shoe Repair
( SHOES/SHOE REPAIR )
724 Montana Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Hours
Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm
Sat 8:30am - 5pm
CONTACT
Erem Mardirosian
Tel: (310) 394-7237

He does a great job with my shoes. Haven't taken my CLs in yet, but he explained how he doesn't use the red eBay soles, but uses real leather to resole the shoe and then paints it the exact red.
Originally Posted by mawiggins
The BEST shoe repair in LA is
Pasquale's
5616 San Vincente @ Martel
(323)936-6883 He is a miracle worker!
Originally Posted by xnplo
Here is one that's been recommended to me:
Eddie's Shoe & Handbag Repair
13716 Ventura Blvd , Sherman Oaks , CA 91423
Jan 30, 2008, 12:42pm   #5
Thank you, jobaker, for starting the thread. Good idea

I'll sticky this to the top of the sub forum. Please contribute as needed, and keep chatter to a minimum. If there is too much chatter going on in this thread, I'll have to request that no chatter be allowed, as it is an information/resource thread.

Thanks
Feb 1, 2008, 9:02am   #6
CL Lover
The Shoemaker in Richardson, Texas (just north of Dallas). The one at (Central Expressway) US75 and BeltLine Road also carries the Red Vibram sheets for your shoes. They do an awesome job. I got them in contact with Vibram in Mass. and they by their red vibram in sheets from Southern Leather Shoe Supply here in Dallas. Again, they have resoled all my CL boots (gives a much better grip on a slick surface and looks great!)

Caroline
Feb 1, 2008, 9:02am   #7
CL Lover
I have alos used Shoe Savers in Houston. They do a great job as well, especially fixing a heel tap in a pinch! (http://www.myshoesavers.com)
Feb 4, 2008, 3:59pm   #8
For me it's the quick cobbler in vancouver b.c. Ron does an amazing job and does not rip u off. The place is so clean looks like a nice store not a scary shoe repair shop.
www.quickcobbler.com

i believe they do mail in orders too
Feb 5, 2008, 1:22am   #9
GREAT IDEA!!! Thanks!

CL boutique here in LA refers their customers to Pasquale's (post #4).
Feb 5, 2008, 2:17am   #10
I found some more cobblers that other people (sorry, IDK who they are since I just copied and pasted on Word) recommended.....

Artie's Shoe Service
243 8th Avenue
New York, NY 1001
(212) 255-1451

Rago Brothers Shoe Repair www.ragobrothers.com
142 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973) 534-7949
Feb 9, 2008, 4:49pm   #11
Stronger for it...
Anyone know if Pasquales in LA does red zipsoles/vibram soles?
Feb 9, 2008, 5:33pm   #12
does anyone have recommendations for a cobbler in the San Francisco Bay Area? thanks
Feb 10, 2008, 12:06am   #13
Originally Posted by BellaShoes
Anyone know if Pasquales in LA does red zipsoles/vibram soles?
I'd like to know this too
Feb 14, 2008, 2:19pm   #14
What to wear?
Originally Posted by angelie
For me it's the quick cobbler in vancouver b.c. Ron does an amazing job and does not rip u off. The place is so clean looks like a nice store not a scary shoe repair shop.
www.quickcobbler.com

i believe they do mail in orders too
I second this referral also. They are very professional and very nice. They try to answer all the questions you might have and they know you're bring in an expensive shoe for them to resole or fix.
Feb 16, 2008, 10:34am   #15
D
Account Deactivated
Artie's Shoe Service
243 8th Avenue
New York, NY 1001
(212) 255-1451

my personal experience was great!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shoes, Shoes, Shoes Christian Louboutin Louboutin Reference Library