ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Longchamp repair & cleaning

POST A REPLY

Aug 29, 2006, 3:40pm   #1
m
muppy
I have a beige classic longchamp tote, which has some marks on it. Anyone knows how to clean it? I tried using a damp cloth but it doesn't work. Thanks
Aug 29, 2006, 8:02pm   #2
mharvey816
Shopping Ban 2012!
Have you tried baby wipes? They are often helpful with nylon bags.
Aug 30, 2006, 10:50am   #3
m
muppy
i did... but sadly it does not work on the marks....
Jan 19, 2008, 10:41am   #4
f
floflocat
I used my old toothbrush with mild soap, lightly brush on the marks and after a few gentle brushes, the marks came out! It works very nicely. Just wipe the residue off with damp cloth.
Jan 19, 2008, 5:50pm   #5
regina_garbe
I actually was told that you can wash the "pliage" bags in the washing machine...
I've never done that though - at least not yet... Someone in the German Purse Forum told me, that if you put them in the washing machine the leather (the handles and the flap) get a lighter colour.

Regina
Jan 20, 2008, 6:46pm   #6
chakakhan
obsessed.
The SA at Magnums.net also told me that you can put le pliages in the washing machine... though I have to say I'm skeptical. I would scrub with a toothbrush to get the stain out.
Jan 20, 2008, 8:49pm   #7
floodette
Mata Hari wannabe!!
Originally Posted by floflocat
I used my old toothbrush with mild soap, lightly brush on the marks and after a few gentle brushes, the marks came out! It works very nicely. Just wipe the residue off with damp cloth.
I used the same method (toothbrush with dove soap). Stains come off nicely.
Jan 20, 2008, 11:24pm   #8
f
floridagal23
Throw it in the washing machine after you use some shout spray gel on the stain. The bag will be fine..just air dry, inside out. It will take a few days for it to dry fully. I stick my longchamps and my prada nylons in the washer and they are just fine. If you are nervous, wash inside a pillowcase (knot it shut).

Just editing to add that if you are still nervous :) hand wash in sink with woolite.
Jan 21, 2008, 12:12am   #9
msbuttercup
~ coveting bags ~
I washed my pliage tote in the washing machine and let it air dry. It turned out fine but my bag didn't have black marks on it like yours. HTH!
Jan 21, 2008, 12:31am   #10
r
rileyroow07
Just another vote for the washing machine...I've done it too and it works very well!
Jan 21, 2008, 12:49am   #11
E
Eugin
I actually mixed a little bit of laundry detergent with water and took a sponge to wipe off the marks. It worked out very well. I haven't tried putting it in the washing machine yet because I'm afraid of the leather handles being damaged.
Jan 21, 2008, 11:29am   #12
bagaholic85
washing machine on delicate. i got a white small one last year and kept it clean that way. i figured even if i ruined it, it was only like 90 bucks anyways.
Jan 21, 2008, 12:00pm   #13
CTgrl414
I have a light blue, and it often gets filthy. I was it in the sink with woolite/dove/soap and a cloth to scrub it. I try to keep the leather dry. Then hang it to dry.. works great
Jan 21, 2008, 1:21pm   #14
clearstatic
Ü
first try the recommended toothbrush and mild soap. If it fails, dip it in the washing machine for a spin or two. What do you have to loose!?
Jan 21, 2008, 1:40pm   #15
BagsRmyLife
^^ Agree...the washing machine is probably your best bet.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >