Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Longchamp repair & cleaning

POST A REPLY

Apr 12, 2009, 11:20pm   #46
ballet_russe
pointe de la mode
No, any temperature is OK. I used to be scared to ruin it, and used only cold. But now I use warm water with no problem.

However, after a certain point, the bag just gets dirty and won't come perfectly clean again, especially the light colored ones.
Apr 13, 2009, 4:38pm   #47
BooYah
da original bAgamist
machine wash cold water in gentle cycle with woolite then hang to dry.
i do it for both my longchamp and herve chapelier nylon totes.
Apr 13, 2009, 6:33pm   #48
ballet_russe
pointe de la mode
Originally Posted by ballet_russe
No, any temperature is OK. I used to be scared to ruin it, and used only cold. But now I use warm water with no problem.
I should add to my comment, I was referring about handwashing just the nylon part and not getting the leather wet.

If you decide to go all out and machine wash, i would use only cold.
Apr 13, 2009, 10:42pm   #49
hanana
i was wondering the same thing this week. my pumpkin colored le pliage definitely needs a cleaning. i will try washing it in the washing machine. thanks for the tips everyone!
Jul 18, 2009, 6:46pm   #50
NicolesCloset
sassy mama!
I did not know this! Thanks so much. My bag is totally stained inside.
Jul 18, 2009, 6:48pm   #51
iluvhandbags
I have washed my black one in the washing machine twice on a regular cycle with normal detergent. Nothing has happened to my bag either time and it has come out looking fantastic!
Aug 11, 2009, 6:20pm   #52
PiojisPink
Pink Lover
I ended up in this forum trying to figure out a way to clean my white and pink longchamps... I'm going to the laundromat now... wish me luck!!
Dec 7, 2009, 2:10am   #53
b
bibounette97
I have several Longchamp leather bags that need repair.

One is a light tan colored, unfinished leather (nubuck?) messenger bag. I love the bag, but never bothered to properly clean it. It's filthy now and probably needs a complete restoration. Any recommendations? Any idea about costs for such an extensive overhaul? I bought it on sale in Paris about 11 years ago, I paid about $150-$200 for it.

I also have a couple of roseau bags that are starting to bubble and peel a bit. Can these be taken to a longchamp boutique for repair or can a local cobbler handle it.

Finally, I have a few pebbled leather bags that need good cleanings. Any recommendations for cleaning/restoration products?

I'm trying to be much better about preventative care with my brand new bags. Any tips and recs would be appreciated.

I'm in Los Angeles, fairly centrally located, so if anyone has recommendations for local leather restorers and cobblers, I would appreciate it very much.
Dec 12, 2009, 4:26am   #54
b
bibounette97
Anyone?

I managed to clean nubuck messenger bag pretty well. Not perfect, but it's getting there. I have no idea what do about the roseau bags that are peeling.
Dec 12, 2009, 8:42am   #55
ballet_russe
pointe de la mode
that is just the way the Roseau bag is. they often peel. i have no idea either.

why don't you call the Longchamp company to ask advice? they are the expert.
Dec 24, 2009, 1:21pm   #56
d
dianos
how about if my le pliage got candle drop on it and also on leather...i've tried use the baby wipes but watermark with around 15cm appeared in it's cloth ....what should i do to clean that mess..??
Dec 26, 2009, 8:03pm   #57
V
Violet623
I might be crazy, but I just toss my Le Pliage into the washing machine along with other stuff I'm washing. The leather on the handles still looks fine and it comes out nice and clean. I do let it air dry, though.
Dec 26, 2009, 8:32pm   #58
d
doreenjoy
zzz
I've had bubbling problems on the one I put through the washing machine. If that doesn't bother you, it's certainly the easiest way to clean them.
Dec 26, 2009, 10:36pm   #59
L
Loquita
I just take a bit of all-purpose (and all-natural) soap like Dr. Bronner's on a warm clean cloth and work it into the dirty spots. Then I rinse the soapy part out with warm water.

If you just want to keep a little bottle of Dr. Bronner's on hand for this purpose, a lot of stores like Whole Foods and Target sell small travel-size bottles. The soap is really concentrated so a travel bottle should last you forever.

I also clean the leather parts sometimes with a bit of LMB or Apple Care.

So far everything that gets on my tote comes out!!!
Mar 9, 2010, 9:11am   #60
p
pixiepink37
I put my longhcamp in the wash...but I sitll have dirt ALL over the bottom of the bag. Does anyone have any suggestions??
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >