Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Favourite color of all time for longchamp le pliage?

POST A REPLY

Nov 12, 2009, 6:38am   #46
Ania
Originally Posted by popita
Hi there, don't mean to hijack the thread or revive one from long time ago... but I think this is the most appropriate thread for my question.

I just got interested in purchasing a Le Pliage, and am unfamiliar with the classic and seasonal colors. Since people have stated that classic colors never go on sale, I want to be sure to purchase one of those, or wait for a sale for a seasonal color. I am really liking the Bilberry... anyone know if that is a "classic"? Or does anyone know which colors are classic? TIA!
I'm not sure if bilberry is a seasonal colour (it's not really me, so I never paid it much attention really...) I think that 'classic' colours include black, chocolate brown, beige and off-white. The rest of the colours changes I think.
Regardless of 'seasonality' you should still be able to get bilberry in the sales - particularly if you shop at the airport or in department stores I think... :)
Nov 12, 2009, 9:22am   #47
ballet_russe
pointe de la mode
bilberry is seasonal. it was introduced in Winter 2008 and it was brought back for Winter 2009. get it now, before it's gone!

Attached Images

Last edited Nov 12, 2009 at 9:26am.
Nov 12, 2009, 9:25am   #48
ballet_russe
pointe de la mode
Originally Posted by Ania
I'm not sure if bilberry is a seasonal colour (it's not really me, so I never paid it much attention really...) I think that 'classic' colours include black, chocolate brown, beige and off-white. The rest of the colours changes I think.
no... I think red, navy, black, chocolate brown, slate, and beige/tan are in the permanent collection

offi-white (called "paper") is seasonal
Nov 12, 2009, 9:46am   #49
timayyyyy
The plain black just does it for me =)
Nov 12, 2009, 10:41am   #50
Ania
Originally Posted by ballet_russe
no... I think red, navy, black, chocolate brown, slate, and beige/tan are in the permanent collection

offi-white (called "paper") is seasonal
Did they brought navy back for good? That'd be good! I remember searching for it in winter 07 and being told by the boutique that it's been discontinued... They said it was being replaced with olive green but then it was brought back again in AW08 and olive green is not in the current palette... Then again they did that big 'younger image' shift since 2007...
Nov 12, 2009, 9:34pm   #51
B
Bagbabe53
Classic, not boring.
I have the large Le Pliage in Kiwi, a bright green and love it. Kiwi is a super accent to spring and summer colors, and great with the deep purples I love in the autumn; also looks good as accent to neutral colors. Am thinking about getting limited edition print of black background with white crisscross riders; Bloomies F&F disc. of 20 percent applies to Longchamp, so I may take the plunge once again!
Nov 13, 2009, 3:30pm   #52
Cinderlala
My favorite color, and the Pliage that I use by far the most, is my all black version. It has black handles & the black bag. I love it & use it on absolutely every trip I take.
Nov 13, 2009, 3:41pm   #53
f
funnybeaver
I'd take a pink one anytime!
Nov 24, 2009, 7:35am   #54
Man@Mallory
Bilberry was definitely the most popular colour this season. And it is now sold out in most sizes ^^

The classic colours are...

black
chocolate
red
beige
taupe
graphite
navy
paper

And for SS10

bright red
bright lilac
hot pink
citrine
ocean blue ..... and some more...but I don't know them yet!
Nov 24, 2009, 10:28pm   #55
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Ocean Blue?

OMG I'm swooning. Can't wait to see that color.
Nov 24, 2009, 10:30pm   #56
L
Loquita
Bilberry for something seasonal and Deep Red for the classics.
Nov 24, 2009, 10:34pm   #57
PANda_USC
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I would think taupe, tan, khaki, grey, navy, black, would all be really easy to match with clothes

That being said, I'd go for an olive green or khaki

but my favorite is my bright purple Pliage with shoulder straps...I love the pop of color!
Nov 27, 2009, 8:41pm   #58
l
london_saver
I bought my first plaige today! There was a limited colour selection at Selfridges, but I went for the bright red colour. They had the new SS10 collection, including bright pink, ocean blue etc. They didnt have any bilberry or navy ones though, which I wanted.
Nov 27, 2009, 8:42pm   #59
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Bilberry should be back next autumn. Enjoy your new Le Pliage!
May 26, 2010, 7:06am   #60
s
saynotospandex
I'm a real longchamp newbie and have a burning question as I've recently got interested!
Is red a classic color? Have been visiting the official sitebut I only see Garance!

It's a variation - red with a tinge of pink undertones but not that much. It's prob seasonal as the lining is white. I'm torn because I would like a red as it's really timeless!

But I don't see it and am left wondering if it's a classic color or just a winter 09 color? My friend has it and bought it long ago though.

Help will be much appreciated!
Btw I really love royal blue!! Too bad it's no longer available... :(
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >