Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Everyday tote: Longchamp Le Pliage or Lululemon Effortless Tote?

POST A REPLY

Apr 16, 2011, 9:40pm   #1
HisWifeTheirMom
It is what it is
I have 2 children under the age of 5. My style is pretty laid back, active but nice. I might be wearing Lululemon or Tuff Athletics black capris, a cute jacket, and tank or t, but I make sure to look relaxed but polished. Think Reese Witherspoon in terms of style. (Not looks, I wish! :)

I am looking for a new everyday tote for the spring/summer and whatever to throw my stuff in and go. This would be a purse alternative for the day when I am on the go, with kiddos.

I am looking at getting either a:

1. Longchamp Le Pliage...probably large? In Bilberry (Everyone knows what this is)

or

2. Lululemon Effortless tote in black

Sandra Bullock is rocking one in this pic. It has awesome reviews on the lulu site
http://luluaddict.blogspot.com/2011/...a-bullock.html

Which would you choose? TIA!
Apr 16, 2011, 10:24pm   #2
Vinyl
Longchamp for sure. The Lululemon is way too gym-bag-ish. It seems overwhelming for everyday wear.

The Le Pliage can be dressed up or down.
Apr 16, 2011, 10:29pm   #3
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Originally Posted by Vinyl
Longchamp for sure. The Lululemon is way too gym-bag-ish. It seems overwhelming for everyday wear.

I agree. The Lululemon is cute but could only be worn for very casual outings IMO.

You see a lot of Le Pliage but it's because it's so practical.
Apr 16, 2011, 10:36pm   #4
DisCo
Happy Chrissy!
I would go for the Le Pliage!! It is way more versatile (like what Vinyl said -- can be dressed up or down especially with the Bilberry colour). The Lululemon tote looks too casual and masculine.
Apr 17, 2011, 8:48am   #5
m
msspooky09
I vote for the Longchamp too! I have the medium in Billberry and it's a beautiful color. The only thing I think is that you should get a purse organizer for the inside...everything gets all jumbled together in my large le pliage and it's such a pain! I can't imagine having to dig to find something with two kids in tow!
Apr 17, 2011, 9:38am   #6
I
Irene1
I would go for Longchamp. Far more versatile.
Apr 17, 2011, 9:47am   #7
gabz
Originally Posted by Vinyl

Totally agree 100 percent
Apr 17, 2011, 2:12pm   #8
lily25
UNMUTUAL
Le Pliage of course.
Apr 17, 2011, 10:28pm   #9
s
shelovesfairies
The Fairy Princess
Longchamp all the way!
May 15, 2012, 4:20pm   #10
darkangel07760
metalhead
I am a fan of the Lululemon bag, I think that would make a better gym bag. I have the Lululemon triumph Tote and I love it. Worth the money especially if
you like having all the extra pockets.
May 15, 2012, 4:22pm   #11
City Chic
Le Pliage for the versatility.

And I agree with msspooky09, a purse organizer will keep your stuff in place and give it some shape if you don't like bag sag. I use an extra jumbo Purse To Go organizer in my large Le Pliage and love it.
May 15, 2012, 9:35pm   #12
s
shavina
Longchamp Le Pliage. Great for carrying your kid's things and the color is beautiful. Buy the long handled ones!
May 15, 2012, 10:20pm   #13
Zombie Girl
Le Pliage hands down! Like others have already mentioned, it can be dressed up or down and the Lulumon looks like a gym-style bag.

Good luck!
May 16, 2012, 12:19am   #14
missmoimoi
Oh dear! I don't care for this Lululemon messenger bag at all. It's just too big and floppy...I really wouldn't want to be mistaken for a bike courier :) the material looks smooth, thick and strong...I'll say that for it.

My vote goes to Longchamp le pliage :)
May 16, 2012, 10:38pm   #15
n
ncch
Another vote for longchamp. I think the lulu lemon one looks way too casual..the long champ can go most anywhere
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >