Joseph Duclos Thread

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
OK guys, what do we know?

Asking for a friend (who looks like me but with more money)

@880 ?
@Christofle ?

@880 ?
@Christofle ?

I am seriously considering the Diane bag with one of the passementerie straps. @thebaghag has seen it in person and raves about the quality on her IG. I believe the leather is Barenia. I understand that people may balk at the Hermes-level pricing for a brand that doesn't have a "history" per se but I'm really liking the design and the fact that it won't be instantly recognizable. I like Ramesh Nair's work and am confident in his artistry so may end up taking the plunge even though it's an unknown brand.

@880 ?
@Christofle ?

From my understanding, they have some of the nicest hardware in the game. The history behind each design element follows the same careful thought process that Ramesh has put into his previous work.

I’m personally waiting for them to release the “Passementerie” strap in exotic leather as a first purchase.

Shout out to @tra
From my understanding, they have some of the nicest hardware in the game. The history behind each design element follows the same careful thought process that Ramesh has put into his previous work.

I’m personally waiting for them to release the “Passementerie” strap in exotic leather as a first purchase.

The hardware reminds me of Quentin Makay Persia bag from about 10 years ago, even more the hardware on bags he did for Tanner Krolle

There's another in my mind too, someone needs to help me out. Is it a Celine, the one Lady Gaga carried?

Shout out to @tra

The hardware reminds me of Quentin Makay Persia bag from about 10 years ago, even more the hardware on bags he did for Tanner Krolle

There's another in my mind too, someone needs to help me out. Is it a Celine, the one Lady Gaga carried?

If you watch the video of the Himalayan one, you’ll see the inspiration for the Diane’s hardware.

She’s carried a lot of bags lately! She even had a bespoke one made for her by Delvaux to commemorate her album launch. You might be thinking of the Celine 16.F1DF3175-0708-4626-BAD6-78CE2F2B1129.jpeg

What I like about the Duclos is that the hardware wrapped around it will maintain the structure of the bag forever! Not only an aesthetic design choice but a purposeful one!

Love the inspiration!

I agree. It looks amazing. I am very intrigued, tugs more on the heart-strings than Moynat (although still love the Regine some of their new offerings are non :nono: ) and Delvaux (still love the Tempete and the ol'-school cool of vintage). Duclos seems a little more well thought out to me, a little more pure luxury.

I wish you hadn't shown me the Himalayan. I'd have to save just for a plain leather after my recent purchases :crybaby:

Love the inspiration!

I agree. It looks amazing. I am very intrigued, tugs more on the heart-strings than Moynat (although still love the Regine some of their new offerings are non :nono: ) and Delvaux (still love the Tempete and the ol'-school cool of vintage). Duclos seems a little more well thought out to me, a little more pure luxury.

I wish you hadn't shown me the Himalayan. I'd have to save just for a plain leather after my recent purchases :crybaby:
Some things are worth the wait! Plus I don’t think Duclos is going anywhere, any time soon!

The Moynat Rejane is lovely… the Rejane clutch is my all time favourite and I’m glad I was able to source the last box leather one for my GF. They keep discontinuing all of my favourites… sigh

• Love
Reactions: papertiger
Love the inspiration!

Thank you for tagging me. I prefer this design to the Moynat rejane

These bags are beautifully made and, yes, pure luxury

IMO, the structure, the HW, and the detailing are a bit too fussy for me personally.

however, I’m thrilled to cheer a fellow TPFer along who wants to take the plunge!

calling @DoggieBags who I believe is also a Moynat fan :smile:

Thank you for tagging me. I prefer this design to the Moynat rejane

These bags are beautifully made and, yes, pure luxury

IMO, the structure, the HW, and the detailing are a bit too fussy for me personally.

however, I’m thrilled to cheer a fellow TPFer along who wants to take the plunge!

calling @DoggieBags who I believe is also a Moynat fan :smile:

:tup:

And @TraceySH ???

• Insightful
  • Haha
Reactions: 880 and TraceySH
Hi @papertiger !! I have been following them since baghag put out a piece on them maybe about a year ago!!? I think their bags are GORGEOUS. They have slowly added designs, and each of them are beautiful. The are def more structured/ formal designs & dressier leathers, which is the ONLY reason, literally, that I've not ordered from them. My life is just SO casual. If I were living back up NE and/ or still working I'd positively have one (or a few) of these in my rotation!!

Hi @papertiger !! I have been following them since baghag put out a piece on them maybe about a year ago!!? I think their bags are GORGEOUS. They have slowly added designs, and each of them are beautiful. The are def more structured/ formal designs & dressier leathers, which is the ONLY reason, literally, that I've not ordered from them. My life is just SO casual. If I were living back up NE and/ or still working I'd positively have one (or a few) of these in my rotation!!

I knew you would appreciate the quality aspect.

Their range seems small atm, perhaps there will be a cool , more casual bag in the future (the large tote doesn't really sing to me).

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and TraceySH
I knew you would appreciate the quality aspect.

Their range seems small atm, perhaps there will be a cool , more casual bag in the future (the large tote doesn't really sing to me).
It doesn’t me either, and that’s what I am hoping! Maybe something w/ their signature hardware in more of an open tote w/ shoulder strap in grained. I’d get that in a heartbeat!