Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Would love to hear thoughts on LP leather vs Coach Leather... ?

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 5, 2012, 7:57pm   #1
pandorabox's Avatar
Thread Starter
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
I have both and I totally adore LP leather and am so happy I finally decided to take the plunge. I know own more LP than Coach and sold off all my LV bags.. Once you go this gorgeous leather, can you ever go back?

I would love to hear some thoughts on what you guy all think of LP leather vs Coach or any other leather bags out there?

What of LP makes it rock so much?
Jun 5, 2012, 8:32pm   #2
PurseChick77's Avatar
PurseChick77
Member
My next purchase will be a LP bag but can't decide which one! Which ones do you have?
Jun 5, 2012, 8:46pm   #3
diamondgirl523's Avatar
diamondgirl523
Member
No contest if you really LOVE soft smooshy yummy rich leather...I am a true LP girl!!
Jun 6, 2012, 5:33am   #4
darcy-0702's Avatar
darcy-0702
Member
LP has the best leathers hands down! I adore my LP bags!
Jun 6, 2012, 9:01am   #5
ame's Avatar
ame
Member
LP trumps Coach. OLD Coach, original coach, that would be a draw, but current Coach leather, IMO is kind of crappy and "coated", and I don't care for it.
Jun 6, 2012, 9:47am   #6
LoVeinLA's Avatar
LoVeinLA
Paris 2014 or Bust
Definitely LV in quality and style... I am drooling over LV leather right now.. Some of the LV leather bags can hold its own next to Chanel and Hermes.
Jun 6, 2012, 10:14am   #7
jenbur's Avatar
jenbur
Member
I am a total, smooshy, soft, casual leather person. So I would buy nothing but LP based just on that. Unfortunately for me, I have hardware color issues and really only like silver and gunmetal. Soooo, I either have to settle for other leathers; be super patient for the gunmetal/silver hw'd bags to come up; or cringe everytime I pull out a bag that I love except for the hw! Oh, and I'm not big on logo's /logo print bags, so that eliminates alot of coach right now.
Jun 6, 2012, 10:54am   #8
ame's Avatar
ame
Member
Originally Posted by LoVeinLA
Definitely LV in quality and style... I am drooling over LV leather right now.. Some of the LV leather bags can hold its own next to Chanel and Hermes.
LV? This is about Linea Pelle (LP). But LP can trump both Chanel and Hermes IMO.

Originally Posted by jenbur
I am a total, smooshy, soft, casual leather person. So I would buy nothing but LP based just on that. Unfortunately for me, I have hardware color issues and really only like silver and gunmetal. Soooo, I either have to settle for other leathers; be super patient for the gunmetal/silver hw'd bags to come up; or cringe everytime I pull out a bag that I love except for the hw! Oh, and I'm not big on logo's /logo print bags, so that eliminates alot of coach right now.
Last fall was gunmetal HW. Hopefully theybring that back.
Jun 6, 2012, 3:34pm   #9
nichols5991's Avatar
nichols5991
Member
LP leather is the nicest and softest in my opinion. I used to like Coach, way back when they made quality pieces. I think they've gone in a wrong direction, I don't care for any of their logo bags and I've been hearing a lot of folks having quality issues.
I own many LP bags now, and have never had a quality issue.

Plus, I like that fact that I can carry my LP and don't see the bag coming and going everywhere I go. Coach is very popular here and it's all you see. I like carrying something unique.
Jun 6, 2012, 6:01pm   #10
b
babidius
LP4ME
Originally Posted by nichols5991
LP leather is the nicest and softest in my opinion. I used to like Coach, way back when they made quality pieces. I think they've gone in a wrong direction, I don't care for any of their logo bags and I've been hearing a lot of folks having quality issues.
I own many LP bags now, and have never had a quality issue.

Plus, I like that fact that I can carry my LP and don't see the bag coming and going everywhere I go. Coach is very popular here and it's all you see. I like carrying something unique.
What she said!
Jun 6, 2012, 8:06pm   #11
pandorabox's Avatar
Thread Starter
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by PurseChick77
My next purchase will be a LP bag but can't decide which one! Which ones do you have?
I have the large chevron Dylan in crimson, with matching zippy wallet,the stud clutch in bone, and the quilted flap in black, plus a few cuffs. I love my LP!!
Jun 6, 2012, 8:09pm   #12
pandorabox's Avatar
Thread Starter
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by jenbur
I am a total, smooshy, soft, casual leather person. So I would buy nothing but LP based just on that. Unfortunately for me, I have hardware color issues and really only like silver and gunmetal. Soooo, I either have to settle for other leathers; be super patient for the gunmetal/silver hw'd bags to come up; or cringe everytime I pull out a bag that I love except for the hw! Oh, and I'm not big on logo's /logo print bags, so that eliminates alot of coach right now.
I love their gunmetal when you find it on LP. :-). It seems rare. I think gold is the typical. Right?
Jun 6, 2012, 8:13pm   #13
pandorabox's Avatar
Thread Starter
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by nichols5991
LP leather is the nicest and softest in my opinion. I used to like Coach, way back when they made quality pieces. I think they've gone in a wrong direction, I don't care for any of their logo bags and I've been hearing a lot of folks having quality issues.
I own many LP bags now, and have never had a quality issue.

Plus, I like that fact that I can carry my LP and don't see the bag coming and going everywhere I go. Coach is very popular here and it's all you see. I like carrying something unique.
I have one coach leather and just sold a vintage reconditioned station bag. Coach leather was awesome. Their newer leather ( I own one bag) seems very light. I am not a fan of the logo bags. I am tired of the coach C. but I know a lot of people who like them so I share their joy when they buy one. If I choose Coach I generally prefer the Madison line. But since buying LP I am totally hooked!! I just love leather. I am def a leather girl. I am lusting after the sand color and I think a black would be nice too.
Jun 6, 2012, 8:51pm   #14
BAGWANNABE's Avatar
BAGWANNABE
Member
Love LP. It's hard to settle for anything else! When I see a bag who's appearance I like, I touch it and usually leave it because it just doesn't measure up to LP.
Jun 7, 2012, 7:27am   #15
eehlers's Avatar
eehlers
Adrift and At Peace
LP leather is the best...thick, chewy, soft and smooshy - plus wonderfully durable. Of the bags I own, the leather on my DMT is my favorite.

The only leather to come close is on my Reed Krakoff Gym Bag - his leathers are pretty awesome, too. But, if asked which brand has the nicest leather, my answer would hands down be Linea Pelle.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >  
TOP

Thread Tools