Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Pros and Cons to LP bags...newbie here

POST A REPLY

Apr 13, 2012, 8:24am   #1
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
I have never purchased these but admire how they look- soft.

Everything I read says these leathers are amazing and I am a leather girl. I do like brass hardware - reminds me of the old Coach / LV when they used brass -

I am more of a structured kinda person but willing to venture out a bit to check out this bag..

The only thing - the leather ends look unfinished and that might seem like a problem. I am not a solid fan of the zebra lining. She has one bag with all purple lining and I love that but the bag is too large for my needs.

I am looking at this red cross body she has on her site and that looks to be a perfect size for a small bag for me.

So please tell me what are the pros and cons to LP and how do they compare to the others?

I am used to Coach , LV and MK and Dooney.

I am looking at Items - you see them in my siggy. :-)

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Apr 13, 2012, 9:12am   #2
b
babidius
LP4ME
I don't find any cons with my LP bags. The leather is incredible. The bags are unstructured and IMO more casual looking which seems where you might have a problem with them. I find the leather wears really well. Which crossbody bag are you looking at?
Apr 13, 2012, 9:27am   #3
ame
The only "con" would simply be that the bags are unstructured and casual looking and deliberately "unfinished" and it sounds to me like you prefer the finished look.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:02am   #4
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
I was looking at this one - too large for me but I love the lining color! Seems to be the only one with that lining color.

http://www.lpcollection.com/store/ha...l?color=cognac

And for cross this one -

http://www.lpcollection.com/store/sa...lutch-cms.html

What do you think?

Apr 13, 2012, 10:07am   #5
b
babidius
LP4ME
The red one is on sale at MOB, http://www.myobsessionsboutique.com/...EMS/Categories, and she has 35% off sale with SALE35. I was not crazy about the lining at first but I got used to it.
Apr 13, 2012, 11:00am   #6
ame
I love the zebra myself, and I hope they start doing it in a color that matches the bags. But I don't like dark linings at all. And this helps break up dark!
Apr 13, 2012, 11:47am   #7
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by babidius
The red one is on sale at MOB, http://www.myobsessionsboutique.com/...EMS/Categories, and she has 35% off sale with SALE35. I was not crazy about the lining at first but I got used to it.
Good looking out!!! Thanks! At the price I just might take the plunge. I love red and purple leathers!! Those are my fav!

Apr 13, 2012, 11:48am   #8
b
babidius
LP4ME
I think it is final sale though so make sure you really like it. Barb is awesome at MOB.
Apr 13, 2012, 8:01pm   #9
tonij2000
Luvs Leather
I love (some) Coach and I also love (some) LP. There's no brand that I like every bag made by. Now, I love leather and I love gold/brass hw. LP leather is buttery goodness and my Alex Zip Satchel is TDF, imo only of course!
Apr 14, 2012, 11:03am   #10
jenbur
I'm new to LP myself but recently got an addison bucket bag. It has the purp lining but is def not structured. The leather is so soft and touchable though and I absolutely adore it. I've been doing some research myself to see what will be my next LP. Can't wait to hear what you order and if you love it!
Apr 14, 2012, 12:19pm   #11
la6
I've owned several LP's and the only cons I've found are that some of the (larger) bags can be heavy when full, like the Dylan totes because of all the hardware and leather. Also I've received 2 bags where I had problems with the main zippers getting stuck (one of which got returned).

The Zebra lining can get a little boring if you have many LP's (I wish they still used that pretty purple lining more often, not just on the Perry collection). But most of the time I have been very pleased with the bags.
The pros are of course the soft leather and rich colors. I do own a small Perry crossbody (same collection as that large tote you posted) and I love the woven leather, and definitely recommend it. I think it is a great quality for the price point.
Apr 14, 2012, 7:06pm   #12
crytsalline
if you like structured and finished leather (one that doesn't absorb rain) get the dylan chevron speedy in black or navy. it is the most structured lp bag i own. love it!
Apr 15, 2012, 10:03pm   #13
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by jenkinsmom

The Dylan speedy is the most structured as Lp's go... however it is not really that structured. I also wanted a structured bag so I checked around the forum and decide to buy a Botkier. They are really structured and soft like LP's.

The form has so many choices you can look around... so that you can find exactly what you are looking for.
Good comparison I think I will check that one out as well. Thanks!

Apr 16, 2012, 1:56am   #14
oopsididitagain
»──♥──>
I prefer unfinished edges because that sealant other companies use eventually peels off anyway and looks ugly.
LP has great leather, it looks porous like it would absorb stains but I got taco meat grease on my gray LP dylan and I was so worried but it came right off with a baby wipe! After that I had a great respect for LP leathers.
Apr 16, 2012, 6:20pm   #15
HisWifeTheirMom
It is what it is
Originally Posted by pandorabox
I have never purchased these but admire how they look- soft.

Everything I read says these leathers are amazing and I am a leather girl. I do like brass hardware - reminds me of the old Coach / LV when they used brass -

I am more of a structured kinda person but willing to venture out a bit to check out this bag..

The only thing - the leather ends look unfinished and that might seem like a problem. I am not a solid fan of the zebra lining. She has one bag with all purple lining and I love that but the bag is too large for my needs.

I am looking at this red cross body she has on her site and that looks to be a perfect size for a small bag for me.

So please tell me what are the pros and cons to LP and how do they compare to the others?

I am used to Coach , LV and MK and Dooney.

I am looking at Items - you see them in my siggy. :-)

Thanks so much!

The zebra lining and the unfinished edges are what keep me at bay as well with with LP bags. I am still always admiring them though.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >