Home > > >

is LAMB patent leather sturdy? or hard to take care of?

POST A REPLY

Apr 6, 2010, 10:40am   #1
Spielberg1
I've got my eye on a patent leather lamb bag -- but if it gets scuffed up easily or marred easily, i don't want to invest!

does anyone have a patent leather lamb bag? and if so, how is it holding up?

thanks!

:)
Apr 8, 2010, 1:55am   #2
glamblover
hopelessly addicted
i have a lipstick and saddle commodore and the patent leather is ripping on both sides where the handles attatch to the bag. im not sure how the all patent leather bags are..but this makes me weary of getting another.
Apr 8, 2010, 8:10am   #3
Spielberg1
Originally Posted by glamblover
i have a lipstick and saddle commodore and the patent leather is ripping on both sides where the handles attatch to the bag. im not sure how the all patent leather bags are..but this makes me weary of getting another.
thank you!!!!
Apr 8, 2010, 7:43pm   #4
yvalenz
Yah I think the larger bags had issues with the patent tearing at seams.

I have a LS Mandeville and an Exeter and they're holding up well.
Apr 10, 2010, 2:39am   #5
Cheryl24
The patent parts of my Shadow Mandeville have held up well and I have used that bag A LOT for over a year now.
Apr 12, 2010, 1:43am   #6
glamblover
hopelessly addicted
yeah im kind of angry with my commodore. i think i might clean it up and sell her ;(
Apr 12, 2010, 9:10am   #7
RaeBelle
The Commish
Other than a very small unexplained black spot on the handle of my Shadow Montego, all of the patent on my Shadow, Lipstick, and Chain Plaid pieces have held up nicely.
May 21, 2010, 4:16pm   #8
j
janbird
Editor
I have a Kate Spade bag that is "almost" patent leather but not quite. Could it be Latigo leather? It's very shiny but not super-glossy.
I am not sure how to clean and polish it. Is there such a thing as semi-gloss patent?
Does anyone out there know what this is?
May 21, 2010, 10:17pm   #9
xoxoBarbieQ
i haven't had any issues with my lipstick saddle Rowington... overall, I'd say if it's a smaller bag you're probably safe... larger seems riskier
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >