Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Thoughts on Kooba Roni - Yea or nay?

POST A REPLY

May 27, 2008, 10:08am   #1
jadejett
I've been really liking how feminine and pretty this bag looks!
I think it's got a bit of that Elisha vibe going for it.

http://www.kooba.com/spring08_5.html

There are a LOT of nice pictures from this listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KOOBA-RONI-PLEATED-SHOULDER-TOTE-in-PINKISH-BUFF_W0QQitemZ250240778104QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63852 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The leather looks so soft and smooshy! What does everyone think?
I thought the buff might not be a very practical colour so the black might be the way to go. However, when I went to check out some of the fake Kooba sites, I noticed there was already a Roni in black being offered!

Does anyone own this bag? Or is anyone considering it?
May 27, 2008, 11:37am   #2
sailornep5
I bought it because I LOVED the soft leather but I ended up returning it because it just looked kinda weird on my shoulder. The asymmetrical shape looks kinda neat when it's on its own, but for some reason it didn't look right on me. But the leather is gorgeous...I couldn't stop touching it...even as I was handing it back to the Nordstrom rep!
May 27, 2008, 12:30pm   #3
Compass Rose
Opie, My Schmopie!!
I really do like the shape of that Roni, but my favorite for this season is the Lola. If I can get a good steal on that bag in black, I'd do it, even though I'm disenchanted with Kooba as a whole these days.
May 27, 2008, 1:25pm   #4
KoobaMe
Hardware Junkie ♥
I borrowed the Roni in buff when it first came out because I didn't want to spend the money unless I was going to LOVE it. I really liked the drape and comfortable carry. The exterior 'hidden' zipper pocket is pretty large and very functional. It really is whisper-light with the newer (less substantial) leather but really lacks that distinctive Kooba leather smell and quality of old (I know this doesn't matter to everyone).

I really liked it but not enough to spend high dollar on it, but that's my feeling for me personally.
May 27, 2008, 5:27pm   #5
RTone
Just got a black one from NM on Saturday and I LOVE it!!!! Super soft leather, great shape and lots of room.

I'm really likin' this one.
May 27, 2008, 5:41pm   #6
jadejett
MMM....it DOES look very pretty!

Sailornep - you and I always seem to have the same taste in bags!
Compass Rose - I like that Lola as well but I have a Bulga Butterfly bag and the shape is a bit similar so I'm able to resist.
Kooba Me - I agree with you - I'd love to have it, just not with the steep price tag.
Hopefully there will be a great sale or some crazy coupon code.

That leather DOES look so yummy. Glad to receive confirmation on this!
May 27, 2008, 9:13pm   #7
KoobaMe
Hardware Junkie ♥
jadejett - a buff Roni just popped up on ebay with a BIN of $275. Just an FYI if you decide to go with buff over black. Looks/sounds like it was only carried a few times and is in excellent condition.

Now that is a price I would pay for that bag.
May 27, 2008, 11:12pm   #8
jadejett
That is an excellent price! It says in the listing she bought it from an ebayer. I know the Roni has been faked in black. Do we know if it has in buff as well?

Notice how the zipper is covered? The plate is really shiny too. I don't know if that means it's faked or not. I thought it was supposed to look like brass but I guess some TPF'ers have mentioned that real Koobas do come like this as well?
Last edited May 27, 2008 at 11:15pm.
May 28, 2008, 12:15am   #9
j
jaffa
wants more bags
I just ordered the Roni in buff from Saks when it went on sale for 30% off yesterday. Can't wait to get it. I saw it in person at Saks a few weeks ago and fell in love but didn't want to pay full price. The color is really a pinkish-nuetral, I forsee using it all summer. The leather feels so soft, I am a bit worried it might be easily scratched.
May 28, 2008, 9:47am   #10
sailornep5
Originally Posted by jadejett

Sailornep - you and I always seem to have the same taste in bags!
LOL...yes we have the same taste, although I've been buying and returning (or reselling) because of my lack of decisiveness!

The Buff Roni for $275 BIN looks like a great deal! I would totally jump on it if I could only think of things I wear that the nude color would look great with...
May 28, 2008, 12:32pm   #11
jadejett
Originally Posted by sailornep5
LOL...yes we have the same taste, although I've been buying and returning (or reselling) because of my lack of decisiveness!

The Buff Roni for $275 BIN looks like a great deal! I would totally jump on it if I could only think of things I wear that the nude color would look great with...

Yeah - I was worried about getting a light colour like that dirty, but come to think of it...you're totally right. I bought a bulga in that nude shade and had to return it because I had nothing to wear with it.
May 28, 2008, 9:35pm   #12
posk51
Plaisir D' Amour
My question for you Pewter Roni owners is---is it the same pewter leather as the pewter Elisha?
Jun 1, 2008, 4:36am   #13
USCGirlie
Hi Jadejett,

I was deciding between the Roni and the Molly today at the Saks sale, and ended up going with the Molly b/c when the Roni isn't fully stuffed, it looked very unstructured and not very attractive on shoulder. But, if you like the hobo shape and plan to put many things in the Roni, it may be the perfect bag for you! Good luck on your decision!
Jun 1, 2008, 10:17am   #14
jadejett
Thanks girls for everyone's input. However, I think I've been turned off the Kooba Roni forever. (Just to let you know - the next part is a little crude so be warned!!!)

I was getting ready to put in a bid and as I always do before I buy anything - I ask my boyfriend his thoughts on the purse I'm considering. He has become freakishly canny at picking out winners. He took one glance at it and without thinking said ever so matter-of-factly; "Oh. It looks like a scrotum." AGGGGGH!!!! How disgusting is that? Now, every time I look at this bag, I can't stop thinking that it looks like...well...a bag! OMG! I just can't bid on the darn thing now!
Well at least he saved me a little money...sigh.
Jun 1, 2008, 11:54am   #15
KoobaMe
Hardware Junkie ♥
Originally Posted by jadejett
I was getting ready to put in a bid and as I always do before I buy anything - I ask my boyfriend his thoughts on the purse I'm considering. He has become freakishly canny at picking out winners. He took one glance at it and without thinking said ever so matter-of-factly; "Oh. It looks like a scrotum." AGGGGGH!!!! How disgusting is that? Now, every time I look at this bag, I can't stop thinking that it looks like...well...a bag! OMG! I just can't bid on the darn thing now!
Well at least he saved me a little money...sigh.
HYSTERICAL!!! Oh my god - now I"m going to think 'scrotum' every time I look at it! It's like the ladies who thought the Natalia bag looked like a cockroach. I can't look at one now without thinking it's a creepy crawler!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >