Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Thinking of buying a Paige...

POST A REPLY

Dec 21, 2010, 9:16pm   #1
Pursanista
Crazy Cat Lady
I've done a lot of searches on TPF about Paige, but wanted to get more specific info on this purse. From what I've read, she's a heavy bag, but I'm okay with that. I'm also tall (5' 9") so I don't think she would be too overwhelming.

Would love input from Paige lovers out there.
Dec 22, 2010, 3:49am   #2
Minimouse
My favorite Kooba is my java Paige. I have it in black also, but the java has such lovely leather. Very practical and roomy, I love to use it as hand luggage when travelling because I can cram so much into it including plenty of magazines.
Dec 28, 2010, 12:57am   #3
Pursanista
Crazy Cat Lady
Do you have a pic of the Java Paige? I'd love to see it.

I did make the plunge and bought a Paige in black. It's from 2006 so it has the wonderful thick leather and the suede lining I keep reading about on TPF. I looked at lots of Kooba bags on sale at Last Call and now understand the difference between the leathers and linings of the new bags compared to bags made in 2006. The new bags seem like they're an altogether different brand.
Dec 28, 2010, 1:14am   #4
Minimouse
I don't have a fantastic picture of my Paige, but this one will have to do. I have it in black, but I don't love it as much as the java.

I'm afraid I've gone off Kooba now the leather has changed. Some of the styles also went a bit whacky.
Attached Images

Jan 2, 2011, 2:10am   #5
Pursanista
Crazy Cat Lady
Your Java Paige is beautiful. I bet the characteristics of the leather are more visible with the brown as compared to the black.
I'm really loving my Paige. The leather is even thicker than most of my Coach Legacy leather bags, and that's pretty thick!
Jan 2, 2011, 9:21am   #6
Compass Rose
Opie, My Schmopie!!
Congratulations on your fabulous purchase!!
Jan 6, 2011, 9:18pm   #7
C
CynDZ
I just bought a Paige in Raisin - any raves??
Jan 7, 2011, 9:40am   #8
Compass Rose
Opie, My Schmopie!!
Yes! Lots and lots of raves! It truly was a gorgeous bag just by virtue of being an older Kooba. It's a stunner!
May 27, 2011, 3:41am   #9
fortomorrow
That is great! you may consider Dakine Paige Avalon - Tote! I love its type!
Jul 13, 2011, 4:13pm   #10
L
LaBagista09
LaBagista
i have the kooba paige (well almost everything kooba) and it's great. it pairs well with everything and is great quality. go for it, it has edge without being overwhelming and i think it's a great all-seasons bag :)
Aug 29, 2011, 1:45pm   #11
beautyinlaw
I have a love affair going on with the Paige. It's a bourbon colored snakeskin beauty. I agree that the 2006 styles are such a higher quality than current styles. My one complaint is it's weight. When I have it filled (as I usually do, haha) it can be VERY heavy.
Aug 29, 2011, 3:03pm   #12
r
rosetao
My first Kooba was a Bourbon Paige and was amazed at the quality.
The brand is not really well known over here in the UK and I get so
many comments about it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >