ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > > >

Newbie question, Peyton, etc... Need Advice

POST A REPLY

Feb 4, 2010, 2:21pm   #1
Fippie
just ONE more...
I've been admiring the wonderful Koobas you all have here!
Being new to this brand I went on the website and was attracted to the Peyton in brown. http://shop.kooba.com/Peyton/pd/np/132/p/96504.html

I read that the leather was better in 2006-07 and some of you prefer the older bags. I'd like a not-used bag, would want good quality leather, not shiny, in tan-brown shades. Should I order new or look for a "newish" older bag on ebay? I'd really appreciate some advice, thanks!!
Feb 5, 2010, 6:49am   #2
Lexie2000
I'm not sure what you mean by "newish older". The Peyton was from last year. I was always thinking about trying one but it does have a glossy finish. If you search pictures of it in Google you will see it as a shinier than not bag. I also am not sure what your Criteria is for good quality leather. Most of the newer Koobas use the thinner leathers with several kinds of finishes. It's not rough and tough stuff of the olden days.
Feb 5, 2010, 10:41am   #3
Pursehuman
Hello! I'm a new Kooba owner, but not a new admirer. In 2006 my friend received Carla in terraine and I fell in love right then and there. I couldn't believe the smell, look and feel of that bag, and it still smells, looks, and feels great today. Ever since then I wanted one of my own, and this year for my birthday I got my wish. When I opened my parents' gift I found Ricki in brown, which is a newer bag. I was elated to have my very own Kooba, but something was missing. It was missing the smell, look and feel of that 2006 bag. The leather was satisfactory, but not comparable to the thick, rugged and intoxicating leather of the bag from a few years back. I was still grateful and excitedly carried the bag over the next week. At the end of the week I stopped over my parents' house and found my mom at her desk with a Maria in terraine perched next to her. In a loud and manic tone I asked her where she got it and discovered she had won two bags on ebay. Apparently, Maria was the first bag she got for me, but she didn't think I would like it because of the size. She thought I wanted a bigger bag like Ricki. She tried to use Maria for herself, but it was too small and the leather was heavy for her. SO to end this story, my mom now carries Ricki and I am in love with my Maria. To answer your question about old vs. new bags I think it comes down to preference. My mom likes the newer bag because it is lighter, but that's a big reason why I and others do not care for them as much. I think it also helps to touch and smell both an older and newer Kooba in person so that you can figure out what you like and what works best for you. I do not think the newer Kooba leather is terrible, but it's very different from the way it used to be. Hope this helps!
Feb 5, 2010, 4:15pm   #4
Fippie
just ONE more...
Thanks so much Pursehuman and Lexie!
What I meant by "good quality leather" is that it has a certain substantial feel to it, but I understand that the newer thinner leather is good quality too, just different from the first Kooba bags made, and it's personal preference as to which one you like.

From reading many posts here, I decided to get a older style bag... and have just found a Frankie bag in Bourbon, in new condition!
I'll have it sometime next week, so I'm excited, my first Kooba!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >