Home Contemporary Designers More Contemporary Designers Kooba

Kooba Orange patent Blake Question? HeLp...Defect?

POST A REPLY

Jun 24, 2009, 8:35am   #1
I purchased an orange patent Blake and it has little black pin prick dots all throughout the patent leather. I know that LV had difficulties with this happening to their vernis line, is this the same thing?

Any Blake owners have this issue on their bags?

I tried to take a pic, I will try for some more.
I am wondering if I should return this?

You can see the black dots more clearly on the lower right hand pic that is a close-up.
Attached Images

Jun 24, 2009, 9:09am   #2
Some more pics~
Attached Images

Jun 24, 2009, 11:18am   #3
Anyone? Should I return it? I purchased from the bay and the black spots were not listed in the auction.
Jun 24, 2009, 12:44pm   #4
wag more, bark less
my amethyst patent blake had variations in the color, but no black spots. have you approached the seller about a possible discount for the defect not described in the auction?? I do love the color, its gorgeous.... good luck J! xoxo
Jun 24, 2009, 1:04pm   #5
^^ Not yet...I wanted to get some opinions first. Thanks gypsy!

I just sent her a message about the spots. They are all over the bag. I am concerned that they will get worse over time.
Last edited Jun 24, 2009 at 1:11pm.
Jun 24, 2009, 6:35pm   #6
wag more, bark less
Good luck doll! Keep us posted
Jun 26, 2009, 6:43am   #7
Originally Posted by gypsybiker59
my amethyst patent blake had variations in the color, but no black spots. have you approached the seller about a possible discount for the defect not described in the auction?? I do love the color, its gorgeous.... good luck J! xoxo
Same here, some variations in color with my amethyst Blake (I would not consider this a defect) but not 'dots'. I can just barely make a few out in one of your pics. If you're unhappy I would return it. In my experienced calling Kooba's customer service is a waste of time, they know nothing about the bags, I wonder if they are just a call center to take orders.

Linda
Jun 28, 2009, 2:08pm   #8
I saw this on ShopBop. Would this also be patent? I have debated on getting an orange bag for a while....not sure.
Jul 22, 2009, 7:37pm   #9
Originally Posted by LindaP
Same here, some variations in color with my amethyst Blake (I would not consider this a defect) but not 'dots'. I can just barely make a few out in one of your pics. If you're unhappy I would return it. In my experienced calling Kooba's customer service is a waste of time, they know nothing about the bags, I wonder if they are just a call center to take orders.

Linda

I took more pics of the dots in natural outside lighting and sent them to the seller. The spots were plain as day in natural close shots outside and she took a return. I think the bag was a defect, I do not think all of the bags have the spots and maybe it was an error in the leather process of glazing it?
Aug 11, 2009, 12:10pm   #10
d
I'm currently carrying the orange Blake and have very few tiny black specs in the leather. There are so few I hadn't noticed until reading your post.
I would say depending on how much you purchased it for on eBay, I wouldn't bother. You're probably the only one who has noticed them.
But, if it bothers you that much send it back.
As I said, mine are so few and so small I could probably count them on one hand. I am totally in love with mine. Good luck, I hope you can find peace with it.
Sep 2, 2009, 9:49am   #11
Rehab? No No No
I, too have an orange Blake that I've been using all summer. No problem with black dots. Sorry you are not happy with your bag. I love mine.
Sep 10, 2009, 12:22pm   #12
I saw that this recently got bumped and yes, the black dots were throughout the bag. I did receive a refund by the seller. The black dots were a manufacturer defect and were not noticed by the original owner, however I most definitely noticed them and they bothered me. Besides, if I fell out of love with the bag how could I ever resell the item as its defective? Anywhoo..I am glad others are enjoying their Blakes. This one was not meant for me is all..
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers More Contemporary Designers Kooba