Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Kooba company recently sold. (link to article)

POST A REPLY

Feb 13, 2011, 6:44pm   #1
tano expert
luv2shop!!!
Thought I'd post his article for the Kooba fans.

http://www.fox41.com/story/13954026/...he-kooba-brand
Feb 13, 2011, 7:31pm   #2
azureartist
Gosh... I guess our hopes our dashed that they ever go back to their chewy TDF leather.

Makes the oldies even more collectable IMHO.
Feb 14, 2011, 8:29am   #3
Compass Rose
Opie, My Schmopie!!
I think my vintage koobas just went way up in value......not that I would ever sell them. Thanks for the article, Tano Expert!
Feb 15, 2011, 11:13am   #4
Grace123
Hopelessly Obsessed
sad...
Feb 15, 2011, 9:23pm   #5
KoobaMe
Hardware Junkie ♥
Wow. I suppose I can't say I'm surprised though. I wonder what this will mean for the future collections. Where whole lines were glorious in the past they became less so with some jewels here and there in otherwise middle-of-the-road leather/design lines.

I'm so glad I still have quite a number of 'vintage' Koobas that I will never part with. Exceptional examples of what made Kooba so spectacular.
Feb 23, 2011, 9:52pm   #6
l
lagunabeach
:( I haven't liked their stuff the past couple of years, but Kooba was my first bag obsession brand & my first more pricey purchases.
Feb 24, 2011, 10:02am   #7
B
BEBEPURSE
Sad and Angry
Actually, this is probably a good thing for Kooba. It makes them stronger as a company with more finanacial backing rather than going out of business. Maybe they will be able go back to the bags you used to like - time will tell.
Mar 1, 2011, 10:01am   #8
~bastet
I have some older Koobas, but in the past 2 years or so I haven't been too crazy about the designs. My first one was a Charlie and I think the last one I bought was a Harlow in 2009. Hopefully this will lead to some new and fun designs!
Apr 16, 2011, 4:06am   #9
minimamak
I'm with Bastet, Kooba was my first big bag purchase, but haven't been back in awhile since I've felt the collections were spotty instead of spot-on, maybe this will free them up to design so they don't have to worry as much about day-to-day. I'll have my fingers crossed.
May 11, 2011, 12:57am   #10
reneem
ReneeM.
Originally Posted by tano expert

thank you for posting! i'm excited to see Kooba is growing like mad...i've been an avid fan since they started, my fav Kooba bag is currently the Kiley in black python...hoping my husband will lend me the card:P Does anyone have the Kiley? thoughts?
May 11, 2011, 12:59am   #11
reneem
ReneeM.
Originally Posted by tano expert

Yay! Just checked out your website, loving all the bags you've got:)
May 11, 2011, 1:01am   #12
reneem
ReneeM.
Originally Posted by minimamak
I'm with Bastet, Kooba was my first big bag purchase, but haven't been back in awhile since I've felt the collections were spotty instead of spot-on, maybe this will free them up to design so they don't have to worry as much about day-to-day. I'll have my fingers crossed.
What vintage Kooba's do you have KoobaMe? I've got some as well, and wouldn't part with a single one!
Oct 25, 2011, 10:51pm   #13
R
Reneerenee
Just bought kiley vey xcited to c it love my ivy
Oct 27, 2011, 8:40am   #14
Compass Rose
Opie, My Schmopie!!
Originally Posted by azureartist
Gosh... I guess our hopes our dashed that they ever go back to their chewy TDF leather.

Makes the oldies even more collectable IMHO.
My thoughts exactly.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >