POST A REPLY

Sep 30, 2009, 11:43am   #1
I have a Charlie in luggage, it's one of my favorite bags. I recently took it on vacation, and carried it every day for 2 weeks. The dye from one of my darker pairs of jeans transferred onto one of the side straps, and part of the side of the bag!! Also, part of the side strap seems rubbed a little "raw". I didn't realize until I got it home. How can I fix it? Do you think a luggage/bag repair shop would be able to clean it? Should I do it myself with water?
Sep 30, 2009, 1:57pm   #2
I have two light coloured bags (nude and tan) that had dark rubbing from my jeans on them, and I just used those leather wipes they sell in grocery stores and it all came off. I don't know about your leather, but it worked a charm on mine. I clean leather jacket snad sometimes shoes with them as well.
Sep 30, 2009, 7:37pm   #3
T
Originally Posted by Hessefan
I have two light coloured bags (nude and tan) that had dark rubbing from my jeans on them, and I just used those leather wipes they sell in grocery stores and it all came off. I don't know about your leather, but it worked a charm on mine. I clean leather jacket snad sometimes shoes with them as well.
That's a great tip!
Oct 1, 2009, 9:37am   #4
That's a great idea! Thanks! I have some leather wipes that I use for my furniture. I'll try it out on my Charlie.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers More Contemporary Designers Kooba