Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Kate Spade....any fans out there?

POST A REPLY

Nov 19, 2009, 9:10pm   #16
Jujuma
Originally Posted by theroaringgirl
I just bought a Kate Spade bag that I'm on the fence about: the Gold Coast Maryanne, in black. I got it with a 25 percent off coupon, so I felt it was a decent price, but you can definitely see where the bag is "inspired" by the Chanel large shopper tote. I'm not sure whether I should keep the bag as my go-to work tote, or return it and put the money toward a more expensive piece, like a Chanel or Bottega Veneta.
I too bought this bag from bloomies with friends and family. I love it!!! Great price and I got it for exactly the reasons you said. Great everyday bag, I've gotten comliments everyday I've carried it!
Nov 20, 2009, 10:12am   #17
bagaholic85
i didnt realize that she wasnt designing them anymore. thats kinda disappointing
Nov 20, 2009, 10:36am   #18
D
DiorDeVille
Account Deactivated
I love Kate Spade smaller accessories, and still have one of her bags (used to have several). I have a hard time actually buying her items anymore because I've received the most horrible, offensive service in her stores. It also has a huge ex-sorority girl/former trophy wife/jr league divorcee cachet in this area, for some reason.

As far as the bags alone go, they're well made, go with everything, and I quite like them!
Nov 20, 2009, 6:17pm   #19
moopii
i love kate spade bags, though i've yet to buy one. i keep telling myself to wait until i have a real job/career, since they do seem to have a more professional look to them than other designers out there. someday!
Nov 20, 2009, 8:07pm   #20
JNH14
Midlife...no crisis!
For those that like Kate-at the KS outlets they are doing 50% off any bags up to 10 of them on Friday, 11/27. Stores open at midnight and the 50% off runs until 8AM. After that it's 40% off the rest of the day. Happy hunting!
Nov 28, 2009, 5:29pm   #21
MH's mom
I like KS. I have 1 KS bag, 2 KS diaper bags and a couple accessories. I think they are a nice classic bag.
Nov 28, 2009, 8:21pm   #22
joyoflife
My first handbag was an aqua boar skin Kate Spade in that classic boxy style. The leather, as aforementioned by another member, has a thick deep gloss to it rather than simply being 'shiny.' While this purse doesn't suit my current taste or style, I've never been able to part with it simply for the sentimental value (and I love clearing out the closets!). The bag is clean and classic, well-crafted, and very practical. (Maybe I'll have to revisit her after this post.)

Before my iPhone, I was also an avid user of her full size day planners - lovely leather and I really appreciated the charmingly illustrated paper fills. (Again, while my planner has fallen into disuse, I just don't want to part with it.)
Nov 28, 2009, 10:01pm   #23
Jeannam2008
Fashionably me :)
I'm a newbie to Kate Spade, we just got out first KS store at the Prime Outlets and I went in during the midnight sale Thurs. night and I fell in love with the bags they are so amazing. I searched the site and joined the mailing list. I hope to own my very first KS by Christmas!
Nov 28, 2009, 10:05pm   #24
dolllover
It's showtime!
I have a few of her bags. I really like them!
Nov 28, 2009, 11:38pm   #25
t
tigertrixie
I have three KS handbags - I started collecting the animal prints she made many years ago. The giraffe print, leopard print, etc...
The style is timeless and the bags are too beautiful to give up.
Nov 29, 2009, 11:12am   #26
kymmie
superficial quirk
I still adore my kate spade bags however I have not purchased a KS bag in over a year.
Nov 29, 2009, 11:40am   #27
Designer_Love
Coach & LV Addict
kate spade is just something i have never been able to get into, i've tried but they just are not for me.
Nov 29, 2009, 11:45am   #28
kristikate
I absolutely love KS. I have several handbags, wallets, and several large travels totes. I never get tired of the designs, even though Kate is not the actual designer anymore. They are very reasonably priced which means I can get 2-3 KS's a year.
Nov 29, 2009, 12:34pm   #29
p
perfectmistake4
I *love* Kate Spade! I have a purse and wallet from her and they match everything!
Nov 30, 2009, 10:49pm   #30
SueC
Originally Posted by theroaringgirl
I just bought a Kate Spade bag that I'm on the fence about: the Gold Coast Maryanne, in black. I got it with a 25 percent off coupon, so I felt it was a decent price, but you can definitely see where the bag is "inspired" by the Chanel large shopper tote. I'm not sure whether I should keep the bag as my go-to work tote, or return it and put the money toward a more expensive piece, like a Chanel or Bottega Veneta.
I say keep the gold coast maryann. I too had been considering this bag. It reminds me of the chanel GST. I've been reading alot about how the GST (I think particularly the newer ones) are having problems with the sides caving in. If I'm going be spend thousands on a bag I expect it to last forever. So, it makes you wonder if the quality is there for the money spent. I saw the KS in Nordstrom and also on a girl in NYC last week and it looked really nice. Does the quality seem good?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >