Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Do you treat your leather JC bags with a water repellent spray?

POST A REPLY

Jul 27, 2007, 11:29am   #1
c
cjl
We are having so many heavy showers everyday here in London - Im afraid to take my new biker Ramona out of the house for fear she will be ruined! Has anyone treated theirs with a water repellent spray or do they dry off naturally without leving water marks?
Jul 27, 2007, 1:18pm   #2
riffraff
Sofa King Blonde!
I was told not to use any sort of leather protectant on JC bags or shores. Just let them dry naturally and buff with a soft dry cloth.
Jul 27, 2007, 2:04pm   #3
m
michellerojas
I wouldn't take it out to be honest. In my experience it does dry naturally on it's own, but i have never took it out in the rain.
Jul 27, 2007, 7:51pm   #4
llson
I've owned Choo bags for several years, was told not to treat them, I live in FL and we are notorious for afternoon rains, so I understand your concerns. I've not had a problem with any of them, if they get water drops, they usually dry out without a problem. I don't think I would intentionally take them out in a downpour though.

I think one of the things I respect most about Choo bags is not only are they beautiful, they are so well made and durable.
Jul 29, 2007, 11:33am   #5
robynbenz
Jimmy ChooAholic
I too have had some concerns, but both my Liquid patent Mahala and my new Burgundy rings bags ended up being tested to severe rain showers. It was the first week out for each and I would leave the house on clear sunny days and I would come out of the event to downpours. I did my best to shield the babies, but they still got pretty soaked. Fortunately after they dried, they looked as beautiful as they day they arrived on my doorstep!
Jul 29, 2007, 12:32pm   #6
titania029
I also asked my SA about treating the bag. He said they're already treated, and I shouldn't do anything else. If there is a problem, just bring it back, and they'll take care of it. However, since I love my JC so much, I'll still do my best to avoid inclement weather :)
Jul 30, 2007, 11:12am   #7
c
cjl
Thanks so much for your advice! I'm glad I didnt treat it! The weather is so bizarre here at the moment - clear blue skies when I leave the house and then showers out of the blue on most days! Will try to resist taking her out though if there is any chance of rain - but its great to hear they stand the test! Thanks all!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >