Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

The Joys of Orchard Mason Bees

POST A REPLY

Apr 3, 2012, 9:20pm   #16
trigirl
Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your bees. I love attracting life into my garden. Well, most life, I could do without the rats and aphids and whatever eats my strawberries.
Apr 27, 2012, 9:15pm   #17
CobaltBlu
Use Coupon Code: BEESRC12 at our House of Bees webstore to get 10% off any order.

"We sell seeds for pollinator gardens, DIY plans to build Warre hives and mason bee houses, and we also sell mason bee supplies (empty tubes). "

Visit the store: http://www.houseofbees.com/shop-our-store/

Apr 9, 2014, 7:23pm   #18
jburgh
BV, Choo Ferragamo
I know that this is an old thread, but I am so excited! My bees are hatching and are all over the yard. If I didn't know they were so docile I'd be scared. Several were landing on me and crawling all over my head and arms. We should have about 1,800 hatch this Spring. It seemed like there were several hundred flying about the backyard this afternoon. Their job is to pollinate the flowering fruits, cherries, pears, plums, blueberries for us. We are making an effort to increase the genetic diversity by trading bees cocoons with friends.

Here are 2 pictures. One is a beautiful female sitting on a Kalmia leaf, and the other is some girls laying eggs in the tubes.
Attached Images

POST A REPLY
  HOME > >