Home The Playground Home & Garden

Show us your kitchen

POST A REPLY

Aug 31, 2013, 10:56pm   #256
Beautiful kitchens! I love seeing all of the different and unique styles.
Here is my kitchen, nothing fancy but it's just right for our large family.

Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1378007761.233514.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  86.6 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1378007792.950456.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  83.5 KB
Attached Images

Sep 3, 2013, 6:00am   #257
I ♥ $Green$!
Originally Posted by Luckydogmom

Attachment 2315920
Attachment 2315921
Your kitchen is beautiful! I'll have to post mine very soon :)
Sep 3, 2013, 9:16am   #258

Attachment 2315920
Attachment 2315921
May I ask how on earth you manage to keep it so tidy! With a large family too....
Sep 3, 2013, 11:48am   #259
Fashionably me :)
Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1378226839.594963.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  61.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1378226872.524632.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  75.0 KB
This is our kitchen. We moved into our 1st home in January and so far we've repainted the kitchen and added new hardware to the cabinets
Sep 4, 2013, 9:02am   #260
Originally Posted by tanj
Your kitchen is beautiful! I'll have to post mine very soon :)
Thank you! I look forward to seeing yours as well :)
Sep 4, 2013, 9:08am   #261
Originally Posted by ladysarah
May I ask how on earth you manage to keep it so tidy! With a large family too....
It used to be difficult but three of our children are now finished with college and living on their own.
Our youngest is in high school but has friends over all the time so keeping up after him is a huge challenge!
My personal rule is that I never go to sleep until the kitchen is clean. I really dislike waking up to a messy kitchen. My other little secret is that my wonderful husband is great about helping with dishes! XO
Sep 4, 2013, 9:09am   #262
Originally Posted by Jeannam2008
Attachment 2318476Attachment 2318477
This is our kitchen. We moved into our 1st home in January and so far we've repainted the kitchen and added new hardware to the cabinets
Many congratulations on having your first home! Beautiful!
Sep 29, 2013, 12:47pm   #263
INFJ !
Originally Posted by Allisonfaye
I think we don't have that dw anymore. It crapped out and almost caught fire so we replaced it with a Bosch.
My kitchen cabinets are similar to yours, but my kitchen is so tiny. It took measuring, re-measuring and re-re-measuring to create a functional space that was also pleasing to the eye. Getting cabinets made to measure was out of the question financially. There were too few outlets (building is from the mid-1970's), and having additional outlets installed was quite an expense with these concrete walls, but well worth it.

I depend on accessories to give that small space some oomph. To go with the white cabinets and countertops, I bought a red and white polka dotted water heater and a couple of matching canisters. For potatoes, onions and garlic there are old-fashioned ceramic pots with lids; for spices square, greenish glass containers with cork stoppers. An old-fashioned shelf with pretty bottles for oils and vinegars and the spices. There are hooks underneath for various cooking tools. Black and white checkered / striped dish towels and black oven mitts.

The walls are painted in a very pale grayish-green sage color. While I normally don't care at all for artificial flowers, there was this dark and dreary recess way in the back of the countertop. I bought a large, thick, square glass vase and filled it with silk poppies in reds and oranges and yellows.

About your DW. I bought a Bosch fridge, have never regretted the purchase.
Sep 29, 2013, 12:49pm   #264
INFJ !
It used to be difficult but three of our children are now finished with college and living on their own.
Our youngest is in high school but has friends over all the time so keeping up after him is a huge challenge!
My personal rule is that I never go to sleep until the kitchen is clean. I really dislike waking up to a messy kitchen. My other little secret is that my wonderful husband is great about helping with dishes! XO
Same here!
Oct 31, 2013, 10:17pm   #265
Yes please!
Here's part of my kitchen... the dining room part... I just did a wall stencil and I'm absolutely obsessed with it! It took 12 hours to do (over the course of 2 days) I have one more thing to add to the wall, but its a project that I haven't even started yet... the right pic is just looking in from the living room... the wall is so gorgeous, looks like wall paper in person... I had never done a stencil before and its definitely harder then it looks, but I am going to eventually do my entry way as well!
Attached Images

Nov 1, 2013, 1:02am   #266
Loub & Food Lover
Originally Posted by CoachGirl12
Here's part of my kitchen... the dining room part... I just did a wall stencil and I'm absolutely obsessed with it! It took 12 hours to do (over the course of 2 days) I have one more thing to add to the wall, but its a project that I haven't even started yet... the right pic is just looking in from the living room... the wall is so gorgeous, looks like wall paper in person... I had never done a stencil before and its definitely harder then it looks, but I am going to eventually do my entry way as well!
The wall is just gorgeous!!
Nov 1, 2013, 5:04pm   #267
Yes please!
Originally Posted by needloub
The wall is just gorgeous!!

Thank u!
Nov 8, 2013, 2:57pm   #268
That wall is lovely! Love the color..
Nov 9, 2013, 2:08am   #269
Originally Posted by needloub
I can't wait until I have a bigger kitchen. So for now this where the "magic" happens. Until that time, I am content with my studio apartment kitchen...I just can't wait to have a gas stove!
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/...psbfc9d327.jpg

Nice!
Nov 9, 2013, 1:25pm   #270
Loub & Food Lover
Originally Posted by Myblackbag
Nice!
Thanks! I have since moved and now live in another apt with DH while he completes his fellowship...oh, I can't wait to be away from apartment living
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Home & Garden