Home > >

Please help me decorate my apartment!

POST A REPLY

Mar 23, 2011, 9:09pm   #16
Odette
<3 life
I think purple and yellow go well together. Especially if it's a muted yellow. Take a look at those palettes I posted too - lots of great color combos to get you thinking.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:11pm   #17
hlfinn
ASO The Today Show
i love this pillow. could this somehow tie other colors together?

http://www.pier1.com/catalog/browse/...w/Default.aspx
Mar 23, 2011, 9:12pm   #18
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
The lighting fixtures seemed a little expensive for how simple they were. Do you want simple? IMO, the table is really simple and a wacky light fixture could spice it up.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:12pm   #19
hlfinn
ASO The Today Show
Originally Posted by wisnowbird
Cute rug! But the way it's laying on the floor in that picture makes me think it's fairly thin, which wouldn't do much for dampening noise. I used to have a small rug that laid like that & the vacuum cleaner would try to suck it right up & it was a huge pain to clean.

thanks! the noise thing isn't really a factor anymore bc i'm not working out in my apartment (though i should be. eek) but the other part is a good point, thanks!

more ideas please!!!
Mar 23, 2011, 9:13pm   #20
hlfinn
ASO The Today Show
i do think i want simple. tell me what you mean by wacky? i think there were some that were around 100-200. i like the clean line esp after having my hateful one for so long.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:17pm   #21
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
I don't know....something with some color or something bigger.....this isn't exactly what I'd go for, but like this:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40140824

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00197191

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10164232
Mar 23, 2011, 9:18pm   #22
hlfinn
ASO The Today Show
i like the last one of those twigs. i liked the flower but i think i would end up hating it. the first one- meh.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:22pm   #24
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
Check out Home Depot....you'll save some money! Much better prices on many of their lights.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:27pm   #26
hlfinn
ASO The Today Show
uh twigs- some of the home depot ones are way more than the ones i picked. i have a thing against home depot. gives me the heebie jeebies.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:27pm   #27
wisnowbird
Have you ever shopped at Home Goods? I have a ton of things in my place from there. I think you're in NYC if I remember right from another thread. There's a store in Secaucus if you have access to (or someone with) a car. And their site says a new store will be opening on Columbus & 100th at the end of May if you're going to take your time decorating.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:28pm   #28
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
yea, a few of them were more expensive....I was just generally showing as examples. Awwww, no home depot? I used to love that store when I owned a house. I just wanted to buy their sample kitchens and bathrooms.

Anyhow, my advice still stands....focus on one thing at a time. Better for your wallet and your sanity!
Mar 23, 2011, 9:36pm   #29
Sarni
it is what it is....
I really like your apartment and I envy you living in NYC!!

I agree with tackling one space at a time- and would start with the dining/living room. I think a bold, colorful light over the table would look great. Love the basket idea for the coffee table.

I know you don't want to but I would put all four chairs around the table...and I would put the ottoman with the chair.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:40pm   #30
Sarni
it is what it is....
Originally Posted by Odette
I think purple and yellow go well together. Especially if it's a muted yellow. Take a look at those palettes I posted too - lots of great color combos to get you thinking.
some of the color palettes are awesome!

I love the idea that YHL did with Sue (??) the napkin! So many color combos that work well together.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >