Home > >

How does this look thoughts please

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jul 18, 2012, 5:27pm   #16
littlerock's Avatar
littlerock
Moderator
Originally Posted by ~Fabulousity~
chandellier decal was a great idea, neat lil touch! I have plaster walls so hanging anything in my home is a pain. I may look into these for my daughters room, which i'm thinking of redecorating if I don't move.
I have plaster walls too. It is SO hard to hang anything. Not only that but it blocks out the cell reception.
Jul 19, 2012, 9:22am   #17
~Fabulousity~'s Avatar
~Fabulousity~
Member
Originally Posted by littlerock
I have plaster walls too. It is SO hard to hang anything. Not only that but it blocks out the cell reception.

I didn't know this, wow. I really dread trying to hang any pictures or shelves in my home, once I have them up they stay up. There is no moving a pic from here to there...nope. And oh my goodness if its crooked
Jul 19, 2012, 9:24am   #18
~Fabulousity~'s Avatar
~Fabulousity~
Member
Originally Posted by littlerock
Looks great but in my opinion can use a third row of pillows. Try folding the top of the sheet and the duvet cover down farther. Add another set of large pillows in the very back so the decorative pillows come out farther. Just an idea.. I love this sort of thing.

Here is a picture of what I'm trying to explain. It gives the bed more oomph. (ignore the canopy part)

http://canopy-bed-guides.blogspot.co...anopy-bed.html

Beautiful! I don't even make my bed I have two pillows on it everyday they are the ones I sleep with I have all my pretty pillows shoved in a chest.
Jul 19, 2012, 9:54am   #19
xgianna6921x's Avatar
Thread Starter
xgianna6921x
Member
Originally Posted by ~Fabulousity~

Beautiful! I don't even make my bed I have two pillows on it everyday they are the ones I sleep with I have all my pretty pillows shoved in a chest.
Hahaha.....I think it's because it's so fresh for me I'm sure I'm going to get tired of putting on and off the pillows!! :)
Jul 19, 2012, 9:56am   #20
xgianna6921x's Avatar
Thread Starter
xgianna6921x
Member
Originally Posted by littlerock
Looks great but in my opinion can use a third row of pillows. Try folding the top of the sheet and the duvet cover down farther. Add another set of large pillows in the very back so the decorative pillows come out farther. Just an idea.. I love this sort of thing.

Here is a picture of what I'm trying to explain. It gives the bed more oomph. (ignore the canopy part)

http://canopy-bed-guides.blogspot.co...anopy-bed.html
Thanks!!! I tired it with the grey over the duvet this morning here is a picture which you like better?!? I have to go get some more pillows as well..


Name:  image-909156822.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  430.8 KB
Jul 21, 2012, 7:33pm   #21
bnjj's Avatar
bnjj
♪ Jovi Junkie ♪
I like the style of bed but I don't think the colour of the sheets goes well with the colour of the bed/headboard.
Jul 22, 2012, 1:26am   #22
xgianna6921x's Avatar
Thread Starter
xgianna6921x
Member
Originally Posted by bnjj
I like the style of bed but I don't think the colour of the sheets goes well with the colour of the bed/headboard.
What color sheet do you think would go better? I got the grey cuz of the mirrored nightstands and my cheat is silver so I was pulling in silver/grey. The headboard is a tan color so I figured its neutral lol...maybe I'm wrong
Jul 22, 2012, 12:02pm   #23
bnjj's Avatar
bnjj
♪ Jovi Junkie ♪
They are both neutrals, yes, but IMO they don't go well together. That's just my opinion though and if you like the look then that is all that matters.
Jul 22, 2012, 1:48pm   #24
lorihmatthews's Avatar
lorihmatthews
Doberhuahua!
MORE pillows! I think you need the big square size to give the look some height.
Jul 22, 2012, 1:58pm   #25
xgianna6921x's Avatar
Thread Starter
xgianna6921x
Member
Originally Posted by lorihmatthews
MORE pillows! I think you need the big square size to give the look some height.
I agree I have been on the search for pillows to match.
Jul 22, 2012, 5:15pm   #26
maineiac's Avatar
maineiac
Mainer in exile.
Originally Posted by bnjj
I like the style of bed but I don't think the colour of the sheets goes well with the colour of the bed/headboard.
Agreed. I think a royal purple or even magenta would look great. Everything is so neutral that a pop of color with the sheets and some euro pillows would bring everything together.

When I think of "old Hollywood", I envision luxe fabrics (you've got that with your headboard and bedding), mirrored/glass accents on furniture, combined with a rich accent color.You're definitely headed in the right direction, can't wait to see how it all comes together!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools