Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Horrors! How do you remove lipstick from natural wood?

POST A REPLY

Sep 6, 2008, 11:56pm   #1
c
candy2100
I just discovered that earlier tonight my DD drew all over the top of a coffee table in the living room. She used her older sister's play makeup lipstick, so it's mostly wax or grease, and she did it on untreated blond wood.

How can I clean it??? I haven't touched it yet because I'm hoping someone will have a good suggestion....
Sep 7, 2008, 12:11am   #2
ilovepinkhearts
J'aime coeurs roses
a stain might be in order....eek. im going to do some looking on line to see what i can find out...
Sep 7, 2008, 12:20am   #3
ilovepinkhearts
J'aime coeurs roses
ok so finally i was able to pull something up...

http://www.colgate.com/app/MurphyOil...Solutions.cwsp

i did a search for "grease and wax stain on wood" and there are a few more links that you might want to check out. GOOD LUCK!!!
Sep 7, 2008, 12:38am   #4
PrettyInPink
<3
Maybe Goo Gone?
Sep 7, 2008, 7:18am   #5
Sternchen
Murphy Oil is really great...we used this stuff on our hardwood floors in our old home and it worked wonders!
Sep 7, 2008, 12:48pm   #6
Mrs. MC
try a mister clean magic eraser
Sep 12, 2008, 9:27pm   #7
c
candy2100
The mister clean eraser worker! What a relief!!!
Sep 12, 2008, 10:42pm   #8
claireZk
^ Wow! I'm becoming convinced that thing really is Magic!!
Jun 26, 2012, 5:11pm   #9
M
Meshahaha
I glow in the dark
Amazing! Reviving this super old thread to add my two cents - this works like a charm!

I have BLACK lipstick stains on my bedroom door from God knows how long... I'll guess they are from when I was around fourteen, making the stains SIX years old!

I'm desperately trying to clean them off so here I come, find this thread and luckily I had a Magic Eraser here (they're super hard to come by where I live) and was AMAZED by the results. I honestly don't know how I didn't think of it earlier!

So there, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will remove lipstick stains off wooden surfaces (alas, mine is finished!) even if they are YEARS old!
Jun 26, 2012, 7:00pm   #10
sadiesthegirl
Murphy's Oil Soap and also the Mr Clean Magic Eraser are effective. My daugher did the same thing on a wooden coffee table and also took a black sharpie to a desk. I feel your pain. I was able to get the stains to fade but never completely removed them.
Jun 27, 2012, 12:45pm   #11
g
gillianna
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is great as everyone has posted. Can't live without this product.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >