Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Garden Photographs to Share.....

POST A REPLY

Jun 2, 2013, 7:20am   #496
emojosh
Climbing the Ladder
Originally Posted by ItzBellaDuh
Hello :) I moved to Italy a little over a year ago so I'm a little new at the whole garden thing. Sadly I live in an apartment and share a yard. However I have a balcony that I have been working on an plan on doing more as the cold weather goes away. Here are some pictures.
I love the balcony you have! I also may steal the way you used the solar lanterns and zip tied them. Its brilliant for a flat!
Jun 2, 2013, 11:37am   #497
ItzBellaDuh
Originally Posted by emojosh
I love the balcony you have! I also may steal the way you used the solar lanterns and zip tied them. Its brilliant for a flat!
thank you!! i stole the idea from a neighbor of mine! it looks really pretty at night time.

my balcony has more flowers now so i wanted to share some pics!

Jun 3, 2013, 3:50am   #498
l
leatherholic
just discovered this thread, I looove all your flowers and veggies. I am flower mad
got the house 6 years ago, only had the trees in the back garden and two shrubs in the front one. Finished planting all my small plants last Fri, I can't wait for the tiny flowers to grow and bloom.
Pictures:
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2013, 3:53am   #499
l
leatherholic
few more
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2013, 3:55am   #500
l
leatherholic
don't have close ups ones like yours girls. should take some...
Jun 3, 2013, 6:03pm   #501
Echoes
NoWhere Atoll
I have no idea what these are. They're little things, maybe the size of a pinky finger tip. Got them in a package of mixed wildflower seed. Kind of like a mini-orchid or something.
Attached Images

Jun 4, 2013, 5:36pm   #502
No Cute
cupcake butt
I love all the container gardens!

Originally Posted by Echoes
I have no idea what these are. They're little things, maybe the size of a pinky finger tip. Got them in a package of mixed wildflower seed. Kind of like a mini-orchid or something.
Really pretty. We had something like that a while back, and I recall a name like Angel Wings.
Jun 4, 2013, 6:59pm   #503
Alex Spoils Me
Sofa King Spoiled.
Originally Posted by leatherholic
few more
Love your gardens. Holy moly.

England I take it? If so, your garden reminds me my mother-inlaw's friend in Oxford. Flowers and trees and prettiness all-around. So charming .
Jun 4, 2013, 8:48pm   #504
No Cute
cupcake butt
Poppies.
Attached Images

Last edited Jun 4, 2013 at 8:53pm.
Jun 4, 2013, 10:48pm   #505
frick&frack
'tis the season
Originally Posted by ItzBellaDuh
thank you!! i stole the idea from a neighbor of mine! it looks really pretty at night time.

my balcony has more flowers now so i wanted to share some pics!
^pretty flowers, but your view is GORGEOUS!

Originally Posted by leatherholic
just discovered this thread, I looove all your flowers and veggies. I am flower mad
got the house 6 years ago, only had the trees in the back garden and two shrubs in the front one. Finished planting all my small plants last Fri, I can't wait for the tiny flowers to grow and bloom.
Pictures:
^I'm MAD about your willow hanging basket. where do you live? based on your house, I'm guessing the UK?

Originally Posted by No Cute
Poppies.
^fabulous poppy! what a beautiful classic poppy red color too.
Jun 4, 2013, 11:05pm   #506
No Cute
cupcake butt
^^^They are amazing. Every year, they reseed from ones that were here when I bought the place 14 years ago. And every year they reseed, they are as gorgeous as before. Very lucky to have them.

You can see in the last picture how crazy the garden is. Today, I started potting up some baby plants (white balloon) that were sprouting up in random spots, and I almost got a full flat of 4" pots. Insane. I have three years of neglect and crazy reseeding/spreading to address. I started to do some work last year, but much more to do. Poppy on top of lily on of phlox and so on. Yawn. Lots to do.
Last edited Jun 4, 2013 at 11:10pm.
Jun 4, 2013, 11:43pm   #507
frick&frack
'tis the season
^^^They are amazing. Every year, they reseed from ones that were here when I bought the place 14 years ago. And every year they reseed, they are as gorgeous as before. Very lucky to have them.

You can see in the last picture how crazy the garden is. Today, I started potting up some baby plants (white balloon) that were sprouting up in random spots, and I almost got a full flat of 4" pots. Insane. I have three years of neglect and crazy reseeding/spreading to address. I started to do some work last year, but much more to do. Poppy on top of lily on of phlox and so on. Yawn. Lots to do.
I'm so jealous! sounds like you live in an ideal growing zone. here gardening is about keeping the jungle under control. wish I was there to help you with your perennials.
Jun 4, 2013, 11:59pm   #508
No Cute
cupcake butt
Originally Posted by frick&frack
I'm so jealous! sounds like you live in an ideal growing zone. here gardening is about keeping the jungle under control. wish I was there to help you with your perennials.
That would be so fun. I'm on sand, which means some things don't grow, at all. I don't fight...I try something, and if it goes, it goes. If not, oh well. I'm giving many of the baby plants, which are good sized, to the church youth group for their rummage sale. Last year, I thought to drop off some burning bush seedlings the last day of the sale, and they all sold, which got the kids maybe 20 bucks. Free money. This year, I'm going to use their sale to motivate some clean up. I did finally give up treating the phlox with any respect and tilled a bunch under because it's incredibly invasive. Kitten now enjoys playing and sleeping in the newly softened soil.

Oh, the foxglove is ready to go. It is opening and should be in full effect tomorrow. I'll post pics. In a yellow year. The biennial means yellow one year and large pink or tiny brownish blossoms. Fox glove is a favorite...and iris.
Jun 5, 2013, 12:06am   #509
frick&frack
'tis the season
That would be so fun. I'm on sand, which means some things don't grow. I don't fight...I try something, and if it goes, it goes. If not, oh well. I'm giving many of the baby plants, which are good sized, to the church youth group for their rummage sale. Last year, I thought to drop off some burning bush seedlings the last day of the sale, and they all sold, which got the kids maybe 20 bucks. Free money. This year, I'm going to use their sale to motivate some clean up. I did finally give up treating the phlox with any respect and tilled a bunch under because it's incredibly invasive. Kitten now enjoys playing and sleeping in the newly softened soil.

The foxglove is ready to go. In a yellow year. The biennial means yellow one year and large pink or tiny brownish blossoms. Fox glove is a favorite...and iris.
I'm drooling over the plants you can grow. do all foxglove bloom different colors biennially? my aunt (lives near DC) had a beautiful light purple gradient foxglove with a very long stalk (I don't know if that's the right word for it), but it broke. she thinks it broke due to all of the cicadas that are out now

you're so smart to put your "weeding" to good use. please post more pics when you feel like it. so cute that your kitty plays nicely while you garden. my dogs eat some of my plants, pee on some, bring me sticks to play fetch, & try to stand in front of me to lick my face while I'm down on their level (standing on whatever happens to be in their way). luckily most of the subtropical plants here are very hardy. I have the same garden philosophy as you do (whatever makes it, makes it), so my garden is full of tough plants.
Jun 5, 2013, 12:49am   #510
beagly911
Poppies.
Oh I remember having poppies in gardens when I was little...such great memories,thank you for sharing and bringing back childhood memories!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >