Home The Playground Home & Garden

Garden Photographs to Share.....

POST A REPLY

Jan 21, 2013, 10:10pm   #436
j
Originally Posted by Nikhita
Hi Everyone! First timer in here. I absolutely love gardening and wanted to share some pictures.

Double Delight Rose

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/9341/d...elightrose.jpg

Hibiscus

http://imageshack.us/a/img715/8124/hibiscus.jpg

Lavender

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/3756/lavenderpo.jpg

Sunflower

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/1278/sunflowerh.jpg

This Sunflower reached our roof! It was a GIANT.

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/8843/1...6083264673.jpg

I have lots more pictures to come!
Beautiful plants!
I tried to grow Lavender but did not do well with it, think it was to hot for the plant in Central Florida.
Jan 21, 2013, 10:21pm   #437
j
Originally Posted by tesi
this is my latest little garden hideaway, created this year....
Beautiful garden, great job!!
Jan 21, 2013, 11:50pm   #438
j
antique birdbath and daylilies
awesome!!
Jan 22, 2013, 12:10pm   #439
hope
Hi Everyone! First timer in here. I absolutely love gardening and wanted to share some pictures.

Double Delight Rose

Hibiscus

Lavender

Sunflower

This Sunflower reached our roof! It was a GIANT.

I have lots more pictures to come!
^you have some beautiful flowers! that rose is striking. I love your lavender.

I planted some succulents and cacti today!
^they're so cute!

Originally Posted by TiffanyS88
Mexican petunias.
^ahhh...that's it
Jan 22, 2013, 12:11pm   #440
hope
Originally Posted by Echoes
October 5th and roses are still in full bloom. Kinda' weird in my book.
^they're beautiful! it's been a weird weather year.

Got a bunch of cedar trees around the yard. They grow wild here. A couple of them are loaded with berries. As far as I can tell from reading a bit, they can be used as seasoning/spice.
^I've read that too. I'd be a bit nervous to try it though
Mar 3, 2013, 7:23pm   #441
Hello :) I moved to Italy a little over a year ago so I'm a little new at the whole garden thing. Sadly I live in an apartment and share a yard. However I have a balcony that I have been working on an plan on doing more as the cold weather goes away. Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Mar 3, 2013, 7:45pm   #442
hope
Originally Posted by ItzBellaDuh
Hello :) I moved to Italy a little over a year ago so I'm a little new at the whole garden thing. Sadly I live in an apartment and share a yard. However I have a balcony that I have been working on an plan on doing more as the cold weather goes away. Here are some pictures.
your balcony is great! the furniture is pretty, & your plants look like they're doing well. you're going to have a lot of fun with that in warmer weather.
Mar 7, 2013, 9:12pm   #443
j
you've heard of girls gone wild.....
Well, here are petunias gone wild!

Can someone spin my photo, pretty please?
awesome!!
Mar 7, 2013, 9:14pm   #444
j
Originally Posted by jonaam
Beautiful plants!
I tried to grow Lavender but did not do well with it, think it was to hot for the plant in Central Florida.
Does butterflies or birds like sunflowers? Or just the bees?
Apr 6, 2013, 3:22pm   #445
I posted some pictures in gillianas clean up thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/home-and-...l#post24358445

I thought this was pretty of the beehive and cardoon. Also, lemongrass and a dwarf citrus and some flowers.

Apr 16, 2013, 11:50am   #446
Pondering Perplexity
Apple blossoms and a tree I think is called a Sand Cherry. Some kind of fruit forms, but I'm not sure it's edible, so I've never tried one.
Attached Images

Apr 16, 2013, 4:44pm   #447
WOW! That is beautiful.
Apr 16, 2013, 5:09pm   #448
hope
Originally Posted by CobaltBlu
I posted some pictures in gillianas clean up thread:

I thought this was pretty of the beehive and cardoon. Also, lemongrass and a dwarf citrus and some flowers.
^how are your bees doing?

Apple blossoms and a tree I think is called a Sand Cherry. Some kind of fruit forms, but I'm not sure it's edible, so I've never tried one.
^beautiful flowering trees
Apr 16, 2013, 5:17pm   #449
Originally Posted by frick&frack
^how are your bees doing?
My bees are doing great. That hive you see is really challenging for me and we had a lot of trouble in there this weekend, very upsetting.They seem OK today but I still feel badly that they lost a lot of honey and brood because the comb broke on us, partially operator error and partially the heat....I am just sick over that, to be honest. I am glad I only keep one hive of that type, the other one is empty and I think I am going to sell it.

The other hives are great. I am very happy with their numbers and seems they are all healthy and strong, no issues.

I missed a swarm call a few miles away yesterday, or I would have had 12 by now

They flew off this morning, boo....
Apr 16, 2013, 5:28pm   #450
hope
Originally Posted by CobaltBlu
My bees are doing great. That hive you see is really challenging for me and we had a lot of trouble in there this weekend, very upsetting.They seem OK today but I still feel badly that they lost a lot of honey and brood because the comb broke on us, partially operator error and partially the heat....I am just sick over that, to be honest. I am glad I only keep one hive of that type, the other one is empty and I think I am going to sell it.

The other hives are great. I am very happy with their numbers and seems they are all healthy and strong, no issues.

I missed a swarm call a few miles away yesterday, or I would have had 12 by now

They flew off this morning, boo....
I love bees & have dreamt of having my own hive with my own honey, but I just don't think I can get that to work here. I see wild bees & wild wasps in my garden though, so I think they're happy. the wasps like my beauty berry bush & haven't built big nests or caused problems, so I think they're OK with my mini ecosystem.

I have so many questions/comments, if that's OK...
first...your little bee giff is ADORABLE

second...didn't you have a swarm last year? one of your own hives? as I recall, did you lose a colony? is everything going OK with that? I think I follow your bee thread, but I can't remember all of the history.

third...do you regularly harvest your honey? or do you leave it for the bees?

fourth...I'm sorry that your honeycomb was broken. does that hurt/upset the bees? or do they just rebuild?
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Home & Garden