Home The Playground Home & Garden

Garden Photographs to Share.....

POST A REPLY

May 8, 2012, 10:51pm   #361
Originally Posted by trigirl
Here is my in ground one at the end of last year. I had chopped this guy all the way down, gave it a dose of fertilizer and it grew like crazy last year. Hope it does the same this year!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g/IMG_3053.jpg
Both look healthy. They've got gorgeous flowers.
May 9, 2012, 12:49am   #362
I took a few pics of the garden today.

Blue Ginger:

Streptocarpella:

Cuphea (I have a few different varieties of these):

Impatiens:

Iresine:
May 9, 2012, 12:52am   #363
and a few more...

the last of my tomatoes before winter sets in:

Clivea:

kohleria:

canna lily about to flower:

Crassula:
May 9, 2012, 9:38am   #364
hope
Originally Posted by Necromancer
I took a few pics of the garden today.

Blue Ginger:

Streptocarpella:

Cuphea (I have a few different varieties of these):

Impatiens:

Iresine:
^wow...that blue ginger looks cool! looks like we live in the same growing zone...I've had all of those plants at one point or another. your garden must be gorgeous.

and a few more...

Clivea:

kohleria:

Crassula:
^those tomatoes look fab! that crassula is interesting. it's a succulent, right?
May 9, 2012, 3:37pm   #365
Pondering Perplexity
Don't have much planted really other than what I've already mentioned. Just too much maintenance with all the weeding. But I do have a wide variety of wildflowers that sprout up everywhere.

The first two are unknown to me. The other is a variety of daisy (complete with Monarch butterfly).

I also have some Nightshade that shows up sometimes which I understand can be a deadly poison.
Attached Images

May 9, 2012, 3:50pm   #366
Originally Posted by frick&frack
^wow...that blue ginger looks cool! looks like we live in the same growing zone...I've had all of those plants at one point or another. your garden must be gorgeous.
^those tomatoes look fab! that crassula is interesting. it's a succulent, right?
Thanks, frick. Yes, the crassula is a succulent. It's a hardy and maintenance free plant.
May 9, 2012, 4:14pm   #367
Originally Posted by Echoes
Don't have much planted really other than what I've already mentioned. Just too much maintenance with all the weeding. But I do have a wide variety of wildflowers that sprout up everywhere.

The first two are unknown to me. The other is a variety of daisy (complete with Monarch butterfly).

I also have some Nightshade that shows up sometimes which I understand can be a deadly poison.

Pretty wildflowers, Echoes. That first pic looks a little bit like a wild petunia. It could possibly be Ruellia caroliniensis (Acanthaceae), aka Carolina wild petunia. The second one could be a Carolina catchfly, which is a pretty five petal flower. It's hard to tell for sure by the pics, so it's just a guess.
May 9, 2012, 4:48pm   #368
Pondering Perplexity
I thought the first one might be some kind of morning glory since we have those wild around here. The second one (pink/violet/fuchsia colored) is very small, maybe a 1/4" across.
May 9, 2012, 6:52pm   #369
h
Beautiful flowers, I think the blue ginger is really a form of lily, all your plants look so healthy!

and a few more...

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/r...astharvest.jpg

Clivea:
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/r...den/clivia.jpg

kohleria:
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/r...gekohleria.jpg

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/r...en/redcana.jpg

Crassula:
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/r...n/crassula.jpg
May 9, 2012, 6:54pm   #370
h
Beautiful wild flowers, wish I had more of those.

May 9, 2012, 6:57pm   #371
hope

^beautiful wildflowers...they're my favorite type of flower!

Thanks, frick. Yes, the crassula is a succulent. It's a hardy and maintenance free plant.
^thanks...I need to look for those. I used to have a succulent garden, but we have so much rain here that they all rotted.
May 9, 2012, 7:22pm   #372
Originally Posted by habanerita
Beautiful flowers, I think the blue ginger is really a form of lily, all your plants look so healthy!
Yes, the blue ginger is not a true ginger, but it's ginger-like, which is probably how it got its name. It's actually related to the wandering Jew plant.
May 11, 2012, 2:47pm   #373
Pondering Perplexity
I don't think I've ever seen this cactus bloom before. I wasn't even sure it was still alive.

These are the second batch of bebby boidies I mentioned.

Attached Images

May 11, 2012, 8:24pm   #374
~One Day At A Time~

Very pretty Echoes! The first one looks like a morning glory to me also (I have one of mine from last year in my avatar).
May 11, 2012, 10:37pm   #375
hope
I don't think I've ever seen this cactus bloom before. I wasn't even sure it was still alive.

These are the second batch of bebby boidies I mentioned.
that cactus bloom is beautiful! I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the 2nd pic. I googled bebby boidies to no avail.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Home & Garden