Home Premier Designers Hermès

Are women who carry fake designer bags big trouble?


DISCUSSION CLOSED
 
Thread Tools
Jun 11, 2012, 7:15pm   #76
H
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by prettychic
What about men who carry fake man bags??????
That's a good point, that isn't good either, no one should be carrying fakes.
Jun 11, 2012, 7:24pm   #77
nguyenp's Avatar
Member
Firstly, I think that this article is very poorly written (may be I've read too many research articles for studies and now have become too critical!).

Also, this draws such sweeping conclusions - from bags to judging people's personality and character. Of course I completely do not support counterfeit products in anyway.

I also want to add that this remind my of my local brands who very obviously copy Hermes products and put their own label on - I know very sure that not many people in my city would know about Hermes. When they purchase and wear these items, I sorta feel bad for them, because, despite their knowledge, who knows if a passer by is judging them for wearing a counterfeit product or not!
Last edited Jun 11, 2012 at 8:03pm.
Jun 11, 2012, 7:36pm   #78
H
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by nguyenp
Firstly, I think that this article is very poorly written (may be I've read too many research articles for studies and now have become too critical!).

Also, this draws such sweeping conclusions - from bags to judging people's personality and character. Of course I completely do not support counterfeit products in anyway.

I also want to ad that this remind my of my local brands who very obviously copy Hermes products and put their own label on - I know very sure that not many people in my city would know about Hermes, so when they purchase and wear these items, I sorta feel bad for them, because, despite their knowledge, who knows if a passer by is judging them for wearing a counterfeit product or not!
If someone who has no idea on what they're carrying is a fake, then that's not their fault, at least to me, everyone isn't like me or you and knows what is what. sadly.

However if they know what they're carrying is a fake, that's the real issue.

I understand what you're saying.
Jun 11, 2012, 7:48pm   #79
A
Member
I wonder what the author would have to say about women who wear fake diamonds-- would he draw similar conclusions about them being 'liars'? I'm not talking about costume jewelry-- I'm talking about imitation diamonds/ CZs that are meant to look like the real thing. Is a woman who wears a CZ ring or earrings that are made to look just like fine jewelry also a liar in his eyes? Where does he draw the line?
Jun 11, 2012, 7:52pm   #80
sam48star's Avatar
Member
With the CZs- not the same because no intellectual property issue.
Jun 11, 2012, 7:53pm   #81
sammytheMUA's Avatar
Member
Jun 11, 2012, 7:56pm   #82
H
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by ABlovesH
I wonder what the author would have to say about women who wear fake diamonds-- would he draw similar conclusions about them being 'liars'? I'm not talking about costume jewelry-- I'm talking about imitation diamonds/ CZs that are meant to look like the real thing. Is a woman who wears a CZ ring or earrings that are made to look just like fine jewelry also a liar in his eyes? Where does he draw the line?
I hate fake diamonds, I try to avoid that, if I can wear the other. but fake diamonds aren't illegal. fake counterfeit goods are. that's not the same thing.
Jun 11, 2012, 7:57pm   #83
H
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by sam48star
With the CZs- not the same because no intellectual property issue.
I agree, I don't understand why someone would say that, those two things aren't even in the same league.
Jun 11, 2012, 8:13pm   #84
mistikat's Avatar
Bling!
The author is a respected behavioral scientist who has done a lot of research and published widely on why people make certain choices, and about ethics and behaviour.

This thread has gone off topic for pages and I think anything that can be said about the actual content of his work has been said.

If you're interested in his research (which is quite engaging reading) I suggest you check out his web site - danariely.com.
Last edited Jun 11, 2012 at 8:30pm.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME Premier Designers Hermès  
TOP

Thread Tools