Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

DISCUSSION CLOSED
 
Thread Tools
Jun 22, 2012, 3:01pm   #2191
TangoTosca's Avatar
TangoTosca
Do you speak scarf?
I found some more birds after all. My new summer uniform, cool and casual, yet still scarf-a-licious.

L'Arbre de Vie, one of my favorite Christine Henry designs ever, tied in a scarf necklace, along with a single Kelly Double Tour bracelet, and the ubiquitous Garden Party. You all will be glad when I finally get another purse

Name:  L'Arbre Blue 5.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  35.0 KB Name:  L'Arbre Blue.JPG
Views: 674
Size:  134.6 KB

Name:  L'arbre bird 3.JPG
Views: 684
Size:  142.6 KB Name:  L'arbre bird 1.JPG
Views: 713
Size:  136.1 KB
Jun 22, 2012, 4:21pm   #2192
sparklelisab's Avatar
sparklelisab
Member
Originally Posted by TangoTosca
I found some more birds after all. My new summer uniform, cool and casual, yet still scarf-a-licious.

L'Arbre de Vie, one of my favorite Christine Henry designs ever, tied in a scarf necklace, along with a single Kelly Double Tour bracelet, and the ubiquitous Garden Party. You all will be glad when I finally get another purse

Attachment 1767551 Attachment 1767552

Attachment 1767554 Attachment 1767553

You look Darling Tango!! And one never gets tired on looking at an Hermes bag on this thread, so hush.... I love your uniform and I too am wearing a scarf necklace. When I asked Chantilly Lace to look at the birdie on my scarf, she mewed,"you imbecile human, that isn't a bird...." I think she is right, but the feathers on my favorite icy neutral scarf had to come from somewhere. Tango, I fell in love with you a year ago when you talked about this scarf, and said, "who would want a predator on her scarf?" I died laughing and pmed you.... Vie du Grand Nord was my third scarf purchase and I must have another cw someday. I told you all you were going to get sick of me and that was before my new shawl, Thalassa arrived. Now if you squint real hard, I think we can see a seagull flying off in the corner. Please work with me silkies. I am insane over this shawl! Pegase, are you regretting the encouragement? And honey, where is your new, big ole turkey??


Attached Images
     
Jun 22, 2012, 4:24pm   #2193
Mindi B's Avatar
Mindi B
Down Dog
Say, guys, can you point me to "How to tie a scarf necklace"? Is the knot also the closure, or is there a second knot in back? You both look great and this is a superb way to wear a scarf in warm weather.
Jun 22, 2012, 5:47pm   #2194
TangoTosca's Avatar
TangoTosca
Do you speak scarf?
Originally Posted by Mindi B
Say, guys, can you point me to "How to tie a scarf necklace"? Is the knot also the closure, or is there a second knot in back? You both look great and this is a superb way to wear a scarf in warm weather.
Mindi, it is two knots. Fold it on the bias, then tie a knot in the dead center. Tie the other two ends behind your neck in a double knot, or you could also secure it with a horn scarf ring.

I did a variation of this last year that used three knots and two rings as jewelry. That also looked cool. (Scarf: Coupons Indien).

It's 93 right now. I've worn this scarf like this all day and I haven't even noticed it. It's an ideal way to wear a scarf when just the thought of wearing one the "classic" way gives you heat stroke

Scarf necklaces and scarf belts are going to be my go-to looks for the next four months.

Name:  Coupons necklace 2.JPG
Views: 744
Size:  49.3 KB
Jun 22, 2012, 6:14pm   #2195
Mindi B's Avatar
Mindi B
Down Dog
Thank you so much, TangoTosca!
Jun 22, 2012, 6:33pm   #2196
textilegirl's Avatar
textilegirl
Member
Oh scarfies, I've just spent the last hour catching up on all the doings, and you all look spectacular! Sorry to have been MIA, but it's been beastly hot so no silk action for me. I must say I'm loving the Collier knot and the necklace variations; I'll be trying that out for sure!

How about a collection of words about silk? Before the heat arrived, I wore my Mots de Soie; I don't see this one very often, but it survived the last purge because I really like it for some reason.....
Attached Images
  
Jun 22, 2012, 6:52pm   #2197
fritillaryB's Avatar
fritillaryB
Orange Butterfly
New today... and I couldn't be happier. The colors are really beautiful IRL.
Attached Images
    
Jun 22, 2012, 7:11pm   #2198
Chestnutty's Avatar
Chestnutty
Moja Angelika
Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 7:38pm. Reason: don't want to interrupt the above post
Jun 22, 2012, 7:12pm   #2199
fritillaryB's Avatar
fritillaryB
Orange Butterfly
one more... I love the watercolor quality of this scarf.
Attached Images
 
Jun 22, 2012, 9:23pm   #2200
Iris j's Avatar
Iris j
Member
Hi ladies! Sorry for my long absence here. But I’m still enjoining all of your fantastic pics!

Tango: Thank you for amazing details of Arbre… Each time I see you in Christine Henry’s silks, you look so happy!

Sparklelisab: Beautiful and subtle neutral scarf for Vie du Grand Nord. And congratulations for your new big baby, love so much her chic cw!

Textilegirl
: What a striking cw! Very stylish design!

fritillaryB: Beautiful choice as always! Thank you for sharing your newest scarf!
Jun 22, 2012, 10:49pm   #2201
INDYLOVESH's Avatar
INDYLOVESH
Member
Originally Posted by fritillaryB
New today... and I couldn't be happier. The colors are really beautiful IRL.
It's super beautiful, fritillaryB... My store will get this one, but I want to compare it first side by side with cw1 which also caught my eye. Thanks for sharing... I love tigers on silk
Jun 23, 2012, 1:18am   #2202
Undine's Avatar
Undine
Member
FritillaryB - exquisite!

Tango - LOVE the outfit with the Arbe de Vie! The scarf "necklace" knots are some of my favorites. A great way to tame a troublesome pattern, I've also found. Although Arbe is anything BUT troublesome!
Jun 23, 2012, 5:24am   #2203
Scarf Addict's Avatar
Scarf Addict
Sieze The Day!
Fritillaryb - congrats on your new Bengal

Tango - your necklace looks great. I'm still in my winter clothes here with the crazy British weather!

Textilegirl - very nice! very different

Sparklelisab - La Vie is fab. Chantilly Lace has the right idea I'm with her I'm tired too
Jun 23, 2012, 8:47am   #2204
fritillaryB's Avatar
fritillaryB
Orange Butterfly
Originally Posted by Iris j
Hi ladies! Sorry for my long absence here. But I’m still enjoining all of your fantastic pics!

Tango: Thank you for amazing details of Arbre… Each time I see you in Christine Henry’s silks, you look so happy!

Sparklelisab: Beautiful and subtle neutral scarf for Vie du Grand Nord. And congratulations for your new big baby, love so much her chic cw!

Textilegirl
: What a striking cw! Very stylish design!

fritillaryB: Beautiful choice as always! Thank you for sharing your newest scarf!
Thank you IrisJ
Jun 23, 2012, 8:49am   #2205
fritillaryB's Avatar
fritillaryB
Orange Butterfly
Originally Posted by INDYLOVESH
It's super beautiful, fritillaryB... My store will get this one, but I want to compare it first side by side with cw1 which also caught my eye. Thanks for sharing... I love tigers on silk
Thank you Indtlovesh. I think this one might be cw1.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools