Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

The Lindy bag

POST A REPLY

Feb 9, 2007, 7:04pm   #46
mrssparkles
Happy
Originally Posted by Madame Wilde
Mrs S ... it's also coming in a new skin ... a super-supple matte croc....
oh WOW If only I could just have a sneak peek! Thanks, Madame Wilde!
Feb 9, 2007, 8:53pm   #47
gigi leung
Originally Posted by hermeslady
I don't need another Hermes bag to lust after ! My creditcard says thank you !
LOL!!! Same for me.

If I fall in love with the Lindy, I'll have to put up a kidney for sale..
Feb 10, 2007, 6:38am   #48
dior24
Account Deactivated
I had high-tea yesterday and one of my friend carry a Lindy. i'm still not attracted.
Feb 10, 2007, 7:03am   #49
mrssparkles
Happy
Originally Posted by dior24
I had high-tea yesterday and one of my friend carry a Lindy. i'm still not attracted.
dior, it would have been nice if you'd taken a picture with this friend of yours and show us what the Lindy looks like in real life, on someone's shoulders or hand carried or hanging from someone's arm!
Feb 10, 2007, 8:18am   #50
gigi leung
There are pics to show how the Lindy looks like on someone's shoulder & hand-carried here
Feb 10, 2007, 9:18am   #51
d
duna
Originally Posted by mrssparkles
I think other than Paris, the Lindy has just been launched in a big way in Italy. Anyone can confirm that? How is the response in Italy?
My store has several; I have to say I don't like at all, I was talking about it with my store manager and told him what my thoughts were, he said that another faithful customer had just bought two... I think it is selling well here in Italy...
Feb 10, 2007, 11:23am   #52
missmarbella
it reminds me on Tod's Mickey bag!
Feb 10, 2007, 11:33am   #53
mrssparkles
Happy
Originally Posted by missmarbella
it reminds me on Tod's Mickey bag!
That's what one of the SAs at my store said last year, when I asked her to describe what it looked like!
Feb 10, 2007, 11:39am   #54
mrssparkles
Happy
Originally Posted by gigi leung
There are pics to show how the Lindy looks like on someone's shoulder & hand-carried here
Thank you, gigi!
Feb 10, 2007, 11:47am   #55
mrssparkles
Happy
Originally Posted by duna
My store has several; I have to say I don't like at all, I was talking about it with my store manager and told him what my thoughts were, he said that another faithful customer had just bought two... I think it is selling well here in Italy...
Thank you, duna for your update. Really appreciate it.

I personally think the Lindy is a deliberate invention to target a younger, well-heeled younger market. It's a great contrast from what Hermes is used to doing. I think Hermes wants to launch the Lindy in a big bang this time. It will be a bag talked about for the rest of SS2007. Whilst I like the Lindy alot, I am not sure I appreciate the big bang approach because I moved on to Hermes to avoid the IT bag craze.
Feb 10, 2007, 12:14pm   #56
dior24
Account Deactivated
^^no. lindy will be another constance, jige. those who have the means & love it, buy lindy now coz' in the future, hermes may not produce as much lindys as it is now. lindy & medor clutch will not last long. soon, the hoo-haa about them will die soon. i've written articles of so many labels & over the years, when it comes to hermes, many (referring to youngsters) lust after the classic size birkin/kelly as their 1st H bag purchase.
Feb 10, 2007, 1:49pm   #57
Megs
I love bags
Gigi- thanks for that link! Nice to see what it looks like on someone- that is quite a price mark up too!
Feb 10, 2007, 2:05pm   #58
koukanamiya
It is what it is
Oooh, this bag looks good carried on the shoulder! I like the way it looks on the shoulder more than it being carried by the handles. Wah, now I REALLY want one. My SA has placed my name next to one but this thing is at least 5000 a pop. I kind of want to use that toward a Birkin or Kelly ...

Decisions decisions! Plus I'm not sure if 34cm will be a good size for me since I prefer 30cm Birkins and 28cm Kellys...
Feb 10, 2007, 5:36pm   #59
L
La Vanguardia
PAPER DOLL
I was in Strasbourg, France today and went to the H shop. They had tons of Lindys! PM in etoupe and white in clemence. There was also the size bigger!

I tried on the PM size and I although the style is quite original and interesting, I think it's a bit difficult to carry since it's bulky. Also, if you use the shoulder strap, I think you need to put the bag behind your arms since it's too bulky.
Feb 10, 2007, 5:39pm   #60
boudoir
*leather sniffer*
I'm liking this bag
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >