Home > >

So what are the odds....

POST A REPLY

Nov 8, 2006, 10:10pm   #1
S'Mom
Resistance is Futile
that I can exchange my "Sequences" scarf for something else if the receipt says I've got 10-days from date of purchase and it's been something like 20 days?

I'm having a serious scarf melt-down here.....it's just not the right color-way and why didn't I notice it right away in the store for God's sake!?!?!?!

oiy
Nov 8, 2006, 10:13pm   #2
C
Croissant
Detective Hermès!
I'd have to say that Hermes doesn't seem like the kind of place to be so stringent with protocol as far as that goes (it's not a ridiculously long time, just a bit over) and that i'll bet they won't enforce it with you, what with you being a regular customer and all, etc. i think they are more likely to be strict with strangers.
Nov 8, 2006, 10:16pm   #3
orchids
D, no worries...I exchanged my RG Bearn for a Violet one and even though I told her it was more than 10 days she didn't seem concerned and swapped it out without any mention. I'm sure a scarf would be fine.
Nov 8, 2006, 10:18pm   #4
avandome
Oscar is a star!
Tell them you bought it as a gift for someone else ....and "she" just gave it back to you to exchange:s
Nov 8, 2006, 10:20pm   #5
cxyvr
never enough shoes
the receipt sates returns within 10 days but noting about exchanges. I am sure it will be fine since your are a regular customer.

I was able to exchange my belt for bigger size after 20 days of purchase.
Nov 8, 2006, 10:22pm   #6
l
lovehermes
I think exchanges are ok. I exchanged my Bearn wallet for another color after several weeks. You should have no problems since you are a good customer of the boutique.
Nov 8, 2006, 10:26pm   #7
S'Mom
Resistance is Futile
Thanks, Guys.....good. Now I have an excuse to back to the city and play at the scarf counter some more!
Nov 8, 2006, 10:26pm   #8
mrssparkles
Happy
shopmom, your good relationship with your SA puts you in good stead. Shouldn't be a problem. I did an exchange some time back (a bag) and it was more than 5 weeks, I think.
Nov 8, 2006, 10:52pm   #9
crochetbella
~H~
I'm sure it will be fine. They said I could exchange Mr. Hippo much after the deadline...cause they wanted me to buy a bag with silver hw. LOL (but I didn't!)
Nov 9, 2006, 4:02pm   #10
misspiggy
Hey I also brought in my Sequences...after a month...mine was in the black-and-whte colorway and just NOT me. None of my outfits suit so I brought it back in...my wonderful SA didn't even look at it, she said OK no problem with grace and smiles and that was it. Smooth exchange. The service at H is unbeatable. If you have a good relationship with your SA, just try, I'm sure they can accomodate your little request.
Nov 9, 2006, 4:34pm   #11
gazoo
Were the tags still attached? Has anyone returned a scarf without tags attached?
Nov 9, 2006, 4:51pm   #12
cxyvr
never enough shoes
Originally Posted by gazoo
Were the tags still attached? Has anyone returned a scarf without tags attached?
My friend bought her scarf wo/tags(it was a gift) into the Vancouver store and they were able to exchange it for her. Only exchange for another scarf.
Nov 9, 2006, 7:18pm   #13
gazoo
Thanks! That is good to know!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >