Home > >

My first big orange box!

POST A REPLY

May 5, 2007, 9:51pm   #1
pixiechic
So thankful.
As some of you may know, I've been looking for a job-interview bag recently. Today, I planned to go to the LV shop and pick up a Passy.

Only...I made the fatal mistake of going to the Hermes shop first (they are right across from each other at the mall). I looked at some Evelynes, tried on some 31 cm Bolides, a couple of Kellys...and then the SA brought out an orange box containing a 37 cm Bolide that took my breath away. Whew!

I have to put in a word here about the Atlanta Hermes store. I've heard horror stories about snobby, unhelpful SAs, and I experienced nothing but kindness, patience and humor here -- although I've never purchased anything there before, and even though I was wearing an LV bag, Levi's jeans, and Old Navy shirt, and my bright fuchsia Crocs! (see below)

Anyway, I fell in love with this Bolide, but seriously...it was more than I've spent on a bag before, so I told the SA I was going to take a walk and think about it. DH and I went across to LV, but every bag I picked up in there just made me say, "eh." DH and I sat down in the mall lobby for a little while and talked about it, and he encouraged me to go for the one I truly loved rather than something that was just OK. (Have I mentioned that I have the best DH ever?) The Bolide would be great for a job interview (as me_love_purse wisely suggested), and much more.

So back to the Hermes store we went, and I asked the wonderful SA (Oscar) to bring back "my" Bolide. He brought out the giant orange box, I compared her with a 31 cm Bolide, tried her on a few more times...and finally asked him to wrap her up. I also picked out a twilly to go with her!

Without further ado, here's my 37 cm Mou Ebene Clemence Bolide with PH! Doesn't she look like yummy dark chocolate?

I wasn't kidding about the Crocs...tacky but sooo comfortable!

I'm a happy girl!
May 5, 2007, 9:53pm   #2
thereallouis
Great color!
May 5, 2007, 9:55pm   #3
Rose
Pay it Forward
Congratulations! It's gorgeous and will make the perfect interview bag.
May 5, 2007, 9:57pm   #4
Kallie Girl
♥ Always H ♥
Oh, congratulations on a totally gorgeous bag. I love it!! Love the twilly, too!! And what a great hubby you have. Lucky girl!!

I bought my Evelyne by phone from the Atlanta store and they were very nice and helpful.
May 5, 2007, 9:58pm   #5
icechick
clutch ho!
It's just gorgeous and looks absolutely perfect on you, congratulations!!!
May 5, 2007, 9:59pm   #6
Katel
feeling l'orangey
Whooo-Hoooo Hippie! That bag is goin ON! I LOVE it on you! You made a great beautiful choice, what a smashing first H bag!

Congratulations!
May 5, 2007, 10:00pm   #7
hermesgroupie
Orange crush
Oh! Great bag and love that twilly. I have china to match the twilly.
May 5, 2007, 10:01pm   #8
PGN
Beautiful bag and it looks great on you! I soo love ebene-it goes with everything. My first H bag was a 37 bolide and it's a little tough getting past the sticker shock initially. But, it is the best interview/take to work bag. It is timeless, gorgeous and under the radar. Mine goes to work with me everyday.
May 5, 2007, 10:03pm   #9
Rose
Pay it Forward

Looks perfect!..... you won't wear the, ahem, crocs, to the interview though?
May 5, 2007, 10:04pm   #10
Rockerchic
Very Lucky Mommy
Congrats!!!! It is just gorgeous and looks perfect on you!
May 5, 2007, 10:07pm   #11
H
Handybags
Make It Work
Congratulations - what a gorgeous bag!

Good luck for your interview
May 5, 2007, 10:08pm   #12
MillStream
That's such a beautiful bag, hippiechic. You've already got the perfect DH, and I hope your Bolide helps you land the perfect job!
May 5, 2007, 10:10pm   #13
pixiechic
So thankful.
Originally Posted by Rose

Looks perfect!..... you won't wear the, ahem, crocs, to the interview though?
ROFL! No, I promise I will dress a little better for the interview!!

hermesgroupie, the china sounds lovely! I just loved the colors in this twilly, and the little white lilies.

PGN, you are right about Ebene, I can't think of a color it wouldn't go with. And also about it being under the radar - that's exactly what I wanted. Even DH commented that there isn't anywhere I couldn't carry this bag.

Thanks EVERYONE for the lovely compliments and congrats!
May 5, 2007, 10:13pm   #14
hlfinn
ASO The Today Show
wow! that is the perfect choice! love the ebene color and it looks great on you! love the crocs! i saw so many bright colored crocs today!
May 5, 2007, 10:16pm   #15
tangle
Bolidette
Yay! It's gorgeous, hippiechic!!! and looks just perfect on you. Love the twilly, too--and the green and brown look very nice together. Good luck on your interviews!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >