Home Premier Designers Hermès

Kelly Lakis Bag

POST A REPLY

Aug 2, 2008, 6:25pm   #46
Luxury Obsessed
I think a 40 Lakis would make a great travel bag or briefcase. Unisex.
Aug 2, 2008, 7:14pm   #47
....Crinoline...
Originally Posted by luv2shophandbag
I actually tried one on at the SF when it first came out. The SA told me it was a "big deal, in terms of it's revolutionary design", I paraphrase of course. I felt it looked a bit like a briefcase, and I worried about the toile on a bag that was designed to be a workhorse, so I passed. It was about the same price as a "regular" Kelly.

I opted for a suede Kelly which I never used and ultimately sold to someone in Turkey!
Now it's about the price of a birkin!
Aug 2, 2008, 7:20pm   #48
z
Originally Posted by castorny
Unisex? Maybe I can persuade DH that it can be "OUR" bag
Aug 2, 2008, 7:24pm   #49
g
Originally Posted by castorny
I can absolutely see using it as a briefcase!!! My 40cm's B get way too heavy with files papers etc,,,,,the shoulder strap and outside pockets seem divine
Aug 2, 2008, 8:32pm   #50
....Crinoline...
I want one
Aug 2, 2008, 9:07pm   #51
m
I actually love this bag - Fisch for the Hip in NY had one in black a year ago (32cm) and the Lee Gardens store in HK had (or maybe still has) a brown box/canvas Lakis in 32 cm. I agree it would make a great workbag, whereas a regular Kelly doesn't since it's so hard to quickly get things out of the bag (and organize inside). I do think the Lakis needs to be a 35cm at least, though, for a useful work bag!
Aug 2, 2008, 9:10pm   #52
z
I agree that it has to be at least 35cm for a work bag. I've tried a 32cm and thought it was too small. 40cm was a tad too big, although if I can convince DH to "share" the bag, then it probably has to be 40cm to work for both of us.
Aug 4, 2008, 1:27pm   #53
Light Years Away
I never knew the Lakis came in a 35cm size. I can only imagine what that one is priced at lol! When I bought my 32cm last year, it was priced around 9k - which was more than the 35cm Birkins were at the time. I can only imagine what they will be after the next price increase!
Aug 4, 2008, 1:33pm   #54
....Crinoline...
I know... it's really expensive, more than the birkin 30 and now Ranag confirm more than a birkin 35!
But it's a gorgeous bag and I agree with those that say it has to be considered a different bag from Kelly.
Aug 4, 2008, 3:14pm   #55
saving the economy
I was never too fond of it from pics, but then I watched someone buying it at FSH, and it looked great, if you like the briefcase style!
Apr 26, 2011, 12:50pm   #56
i
Account Deactivated
Hi,

I have this bag as well and am about to post it on eBay. Does anyone know the retail value of this bag?
Apr 29, 2011, 11:55pm   #57
l
Anyone know what is the current RRP for a Kelly Lakis 35 in full leather?

Originally Posted by Ranag
I never knew the Lakis came in a 35cm size. I can only imagine what that one is priced at lol! When I bought my 32cm last year, it was priced around 9k - which was more than the 35cm Birkins were at the time. I can only imagine what they will be after the next price increase!
Apr 30, 2011, 7:28pm   #58
Originally Posted by lasexy
Anyone know what is the current RRP for a Kelly Lakis 35 in full leather?

It is $12,000 and change! Don't recall the exact amount...
May 1, 2011, 11:07pm   #59
l
My local Hermes dealer told me, that the Lakis is rare, ie limited numbers each year and that she has never seen one for the last 5 years!

Any truth to this and how many are made each year approx and in full leather?
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Hermès