Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

How's about a vintage Kelly reveal? It's my first, too!

POST A REPLY

Oct 10, 2013, 1:55pm   #1
katillathehun
Professional Dork
I recently acquired my first Hermes: a gorgeous vintage Kelly! It was basically in good condition but needed a little TLC here and there. Some stitching was loose, and the color had been worn from the bottom corners a bit. So, I immediately sent it away to Rago Brothers in NJ, and it's on its way back now. It should be in my hands tomorrow! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Here are the pics I took before I shipped it away (they're a little dark, but the bag is actually indigo courchevel.)

(And please ignore my wrinkled dress.)

(...And the fact that I accidentally locked the belts under the flap when I took the photo, haha)

More pics to come when it's all better!
Attached Images

Oct 10, 2013, 1:58pm   #2
GenieBottle26
"Odi et Amo"
Congrats! She already looks brand new. Can't wait to see the new pics with her even more fixed up!
Oct 10, 2013, 2:07pm   #3
Nico_79
Congrats on your vintage find! Looks beautiful, love the colour.
Oct 10, 2013, 2:22pm   #4
Kelly_76
Beautiful Kelly!
Congrats!
Oct 10, 2013, 2:33pm   #5
Setherwood
Originally Posted by katillathehun
I recently acquired my first Hermes: a gorgeous vintage Kelly! It was basically in good condition but needed a little TLC here and there. Some stitching was loose, and the color had been worn from the bottom corners a bit. So, I immediately sent it away to Rago Brothers in NJ, and it's on its way back now. It should be in my hands tomorrow! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Here are the pics I took before I shipped it away (they're a little dark, but the bag is actually indigo courchevel.)

(And please ignore my wrinkled dress.)

(...And the fact that I accidentally locked the belts under the flap when I took the photo, haha)

More pics to come when it's all better!
This is a beautiful handbag. Enjoy her in good health.
Oct 10, 2013, 2:37pm   #6
P
Powder Puff
Congrats on your first Hermes! Here's to many many more
Oct 10, 2013, 3:07pm   #7
Aurelia24
Rouge Vif!
The bag is beautiful and I love vintage Kellys, in fact my two bags are both vintage. Yours is gorgeous! It's a 28 or a 32?
Oct 10, 2013, 3:28pm   #8
katillathehun
Professional Dork
Originally Posted by Aurelia24
The bag is beautiful and I love vintage Kellys, in fact my two bags are both vintage. Yours is gorgeous! It's a 28 or a 32?
Thanks everyone! It's a 32, which is just the right size for me. It didn't have a strap, but I ordered one from Mautto.com that matches relatively closely. Combined with my collection of vintage scarves from who-knows-where, and it's going to be quite a mish-mash of accessories! Ha.
Oct 10, 2013, 4:01pm   #9
Metrowestmama
Lover of Bling
So pretty! Congrats! I've been eyeing a vintage Kelly too with some color loss on the corners as well so I can't wait to see the after pictures! Maybe I'll pick her up after all! But here is a newbie question. Why did you send off to NJ? vs. at a Hermes Store?
Oct 10, 2013, 4:01pm   #10
Metrowestmama
Lover of Bling
Oh, and I LOVE your outfit!
Oct 10, 2013, 4:19pm   #11
katillathehun
Professional Dork
Originally Posted by Metrowestmama
Oh, and I LOVE your outfit!
Thanks! I sent it to Rago Bros as opposed to a Hermes store because I just didn't want to deal with the hassle. I've heard mixed reviews about the experience and wait times with Hermes, but I've heard nothing but great reviews of Rago and their handling of high-end leather. Plus, it only took two weeks! If it were a new bag, I would've sent it to Hermes for sure.
Oct 10, 2013, 4:56pm   #12
k
katielure
Beautiful bag! Congrats!
Oct 10, 2013, 5:11pm   #13
merrydish
What an exquisite color!!! Congratulations on your excellent find. Can't wait to see photos once you get it back from Rago.
Oct 10, 2013, 6:04pm   #14
ghoztz
it is in such an excellent condition. Cant wait to see the brand new version of it!
Oct 10, 2013, 6:06pm   #15
ghoztz
How much are the Rago Brothers charging you? Maybe I should send mine to them if it only takes two weeks... :
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >