Home Premier Designers Hermès

How Do You Store Your Birkins?

POST A REPLY

Sep 6, 2009, 10:41am   #1
I can't stoaaaaahp!!
I did a search and couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for. Maybe I overlooked it somehow, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I was wondering how everyone stores their Birkins? Do you display them? Keep them in their dustbags? Keep them wrapped in their boxes when not in use? I ask because I always kept my other bags cleaned and re-wrapped in their original packing/boxes when not in use....until I read a thread in Chanel that stated storing bags in their boxes causes molding. Has anyone had this problem? I am new to H, and the last thing I want is mold on my babies!

Any help is appreciated! TIA!
Sep 6, 2009, 10:49am   #2
H-appy
After a few days' use, I leave it to air overnight in an airconditioned room, then pack it back in the box, stuffed with the airpillows. They are always in airconditioning so I don't worry so much about mold, but just to be sure I always have 'thirsty hippos/elephants' in the closet with them.
Last edited Sep 6, 2009 at 10:55am.
Sep 6, 2009, 10:56am   #3
I store mine with their air pillows, in the dustbags, resting on the tissue pillows in their boxes!
Sep 6, 2009, 10:59am   #4
h
Account Deactivated
^^^me too!! but im thinking when we move ill get a custom wardrobe made for H and everything else.............
Sep 6, 2009, 11:17am   #5
Mine goes back in it's box with bubbles inside and in the dustbag......just as it came from the Hermes stork
Sep 6, 2009, 11:25am   #6
h
Account Deactivated
^this has to be the best way of keeping them in mint condition - id love to see mine out and more on display but I want to ensure its kept nice...
Sep 6, 2009, 11:34am   #7
doesn't someone have a cabinet in their living room where the Bags are part of the overall decor?
Sep 6, 2009, 11:41am   #8
Yes petpringles
Sep 6, 2009, 11:44am   #9
I store them in their dustbags stuffed with their airpillows in my wardrobe. (but not in the box)
Sep 6, 2009, 11:49am   #10
Waiting...
Originally Posted by mooks
Yes petpringles
That must be a lovely view! Would love to see that .

If I had a H. bag I think I'd store them in their dustbags, stuffed with their airpillows.
Sep 6, 2009, 12:10pm   #11
Originally Posted by mooks
Mine goes back in it's box with bubbles inside and in the dustbag......just as it came from the Hermes stork
I do this too, most of the time. I always put in the bubbles and store them in the dustbag not always puting them back in though. That depends on when I plan to use them again!
Sep 6, 2009, 12:22pm   #12
I can't stoaaaaahp!!
Thanks everyone! Keep it coming!
Sep 6, 2009, 12:24pm   #13
Originally Posted by ladyhermes
I do this too, most of the time. I always put in the bubbles and store them in the dustbag not always puting them back in though. That depends on when I plan to use them again!

Similar here: if I think I'm going to use the bag the next day, I happily just leave it out as it is.
Sep 6, 2009, 12:36pm   #14
Ahh Money Penny...
Originally Posted by little dreamer
I store them in their dustbags stuffed with their airpillows in my wardrobe. (but not in the box)
Me too.
Sep 6, 2009, 12:43pm   #15
L
PAPER DOLL
I've posted this already ages ago so some have already seen it. This is how I store my H bags ... in my closet ... and they're stuffed with the air pillows inside.

POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Hermès