Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Herme watch: what is the price to get it serviced and battery changed?

POST A REPLY

Jun 7, 2008, 10:19am   #1
p
pwecious_323
hi ladies,
i've been wondering does hermes charge you when u want to get ur watch serviced or change battery also, do they polish the watch for you?
how about battery how much is that? thanks :)

btw, i'm still new to the h-board
Jun 7, 2008, 11:43am   #2
liness92
I paid $20 CDN to have the battery changed two months ago, they also serviced it (cleaned). In Toronto, the watch goes to a local jeweler who has an arrangement with Hermes Canada.
Jun 7, 2008, 12:43pm   #3
J
Jane225
Originally Posted by pwecious_323
hi ladies,
i've been wondering does hermes charge you when u want to get ur watch serviced or change battery also, do they polish the watch for you?
how about battery how much is that? thanks :)

btw, i'm still new to the h-board
I paid £25 to have a 25 year old clock repaired, polished and overhauled at the swiss Hermes watchmaker's. Its the only incredibly reasonable Hermes service there is!!!!
Jun 7, 2008, 3:19pm   #4
shoppingsmycard
Shopping's My Cardio
when i went in to have a battery changed a month or two ago, they were going to charge me $75...just to replace the battery! my SA actually sort of lowered her voice and mentioned i could take it to another jeweler for a better price. i had to laugh :)
Jun 7, 2008, 8:04pm   #5
elizabethk
Workin' on my tan!
I got mine changed for free... why are they charging these terrible fees.
Jun 8, 2008, 6:58pm   #6
jaegerhomme
If you have the right set of screwdriver, you could open the back and replace the battery yourself. I do that on my quartz watches myself.

You could order a set of Bergeon swiss-made screwdriver set from Otto Frei:
http://www.ottofrei.com/store/produc...4&cat=0&page=1

Pull out the old battery and replace it with a new one. Usually they are probably made by Renata. There is a code on the battery and just order a new one.
Jun 8, 2008, 10:25pm   #7
VickyB
My shop changed the batt on my Cape Code for free and cleaned it up too.
Jun 8, 2008, 10:33pm   #8
gazoo
Hermes has always changed my batteries for free. If I have time to leave the watch for a while they polish it for free as well. They have even offered to have it couriered to my house in one instance when I was leaving on a scheduled trip.
Jun 9, 2008, 7:35am   #9
bbbochap
free??? thats fabulous service!!!!!

we had to pay for the batt to be changed & they cleaned up the watch too....

it appears there are diff. prices quoted for a batt change too...

everything in hermes is always strange in her own ways.
Jul 24, 2012, 2:42pm   #10
Puhisko
Has anyone done this lately especially in Paris? And how much is the battery exchange over there?
I have Medor-watch and was thinking to take it with me on trip...
Aug 5, 2012, 4:10pm   #11
Puhisko
After our Pris trip I can say that the service at the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré-store is exquisite!
I got battery exchange for free and while I was waiting for it to be done at least five different sa:s came to ask if I'm being helped
Aug 16, 2012, 3:32pm   #12
lilx8n6el
Has anyone here had experience with replating a gold Hermes plated watch? I bought a vintage watch...and it needs some love around the H corners (H hour). I'm going to Paris this fall and can also get any repairs done there.
Aug 17, 2012, 2:15am   #13
lovely64
LunAtic
Originally Posted by lilx8n6el
Has anyone here had experience with replating a gold Hermes plated watch? I bought a vintage watch...and it needs some love around the H corners (H hour). I'm going to Paris this fall and can also get any repairs done there.
I don´t have any experience but my advice is to take it to a good watch-retailer. Hermès won´t change batteries etc and I had to go elsewhere when I needed it changed. I am not sure if they would re-plate? In any case I would personally ask my local boutique and then I would also ask a watch retailer.

I am not sure if Hermès FSH will change batteries or re-furbish watches.
Aug 19, 2012, 1:30am   #14
lilx8n6el
Originally Posted by lovely64
I don´t have any experience but my advice is to take it to a good watch-retailer. Hermès won´t change batteries etc and I had to go elsewhere when I needed it changed. I am not sure if they would re-plate? In any case I would personally ask my local boutique and then I would also ask a watch retailer.

I am not sure if Hermès FSH will change batteries or re-furbish watches.
Thanks for the advice, lovely64! :)
Aug 19, 2012, 4:20am   #15
lovely64
LunAtic
Originally Posted by lilx8n6el
Thanks for the advice, lovely64! :)
You are welcome.

I just read the other posts above mine and it seems as if some H stores do change batteries. My store doesn´t.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >